Jun 14 2013
By: lAugustBurnsRedl Splicer 85 posts

So who else got the game today? I got mine! And it's HUGE!

11 replies 266 views Edited Jun 14, 2013

I picked up my Survival Edition of TLOU earlier this morning and wow, I never expected it to be so big. 

That thing is HUGE! I was like "are you kidding me?! This is the Survival Edition? This is waaay bigger than I expected it to be!" Lol, seriously, the box is gigantic!

Message 1 of 12 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Re: So who else got the game today? I got mine! And it's HUGE!

Jun 14, 2013
Btw, am I the only one who did not get the game early? Lol.
Message 2 of 12 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Jun 14, 2013

I didn't get it early. My gamestop didn't have a midnight release because management cancelled it.

Message 3 of 12 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Jun 14, 2013

I got Joel edition from UK and I was impressed with the contents I got. The artbook was lovely. And I got game on release day too

Message 4 of 12 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Jun 14, 2013

If you think the Survival Edition is big, you should see the Post-Pandemic Edition! I saw one at the midnight launch last night and it was as big as the Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition box. I'm glad I got the Survival Edition though, because the artbook is beautiful.

Message 5 of 12 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
845 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

The statue is unbelievable! Love the hard back guide as well!

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 12 (178 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jun 15, 2013
i hope one day games will get much quicker to create, games like this dont come often enough
Message 7 of 12 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Got the game and reserved my PS4. It was a good day.

Currently Playing: Last of Us Remastered
Coming Soon: Destiny
Message 8 of 12 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Jun 15, 2013
Got mine one day earlier than release date.
TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 9 of 12 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Jun 15, 2013
So my plan of preordering 2 Survival editions worked for me. I had the feeling one of the two would mess up my preorder, and I was right.

Went to BB 10 am, i hand the receipt, the employee @ customer service was checking out a Standard copy of the game. I tell her, you're missing a big @ss box miss, that's not my Survival Edition. She checks the receipt, checks the room behind her, goes to the gaming department, and finally goes to check the warehouse.

She comes back to me saying "We don't have your boxed Survival Edition... It seems the truck is late and we don't know what time it will arrive"

I breathe in, i exhaled out. Under my breath i said "bull$@%!!@" I tell her cancel everything, it's not your fault miss, but could you refund me my preorder money. I walk away towards the gaming section to use that reimbursed money and buy a $50 PSN card when I see another customer who looked like a deer caught in the headlights after another employee's speech.

I ask him "You pickin up what I think you're pickin up" ...."yeah they don't have it"

He takes it harder than I did, talks to the employee and says "that's some **bleep** excuse, I've waited years for this game and you're telling me there's a truck out there full of Survival editions, and it hasn't arrived"

I'm pretty d2mn sure Bestbuy sold my copy to someone online. Good thing i always have a backup plan in case it rains turd all of a sudden. Never gonna do business with BB again.

Drove to my 2nd option. Gamestop chick welcomed like i was in a 5 star hotel. "here's your copy sir" rang so nice in my ears. I sigh and I've never happily thrown money for something other than this.
"If your choice is to save me over everybody else in the world then...ok. I trust you now and let’s live life.." ~TheVulcanSalute
Message 10 of 12 (127 Views)