Wastelander
671 posts

Re: Some Gamespot BS from a TG

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

HPVale wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

I really don't know, I just grabbed it from google lol Smiley Tongue Friend Request sent, though Smiley Very Happy

Haha okay, great!Smiley Very Happy Now i just gotta find time to turn my ps3 on and accept it cause i'm still recovering from TLOU and i couldn't get myself near the ps3 after the end...

Just kidding, thanks though!Smiley Happy

Yeah that's Randy Orton. BTW, Wolverine IS in love. The kookoocatchoo got screwed girl.

On another note, do you think more games will follow the trend of TLOU with "strong" women, or do you think, especially with the new generation of games soon to be out, will women just be the "object of my affection" in games. I'm curious to see how games like The Division will turn out. There's women in that game.

Borderlands 2 is another one that does well with women. I haven't completed the sanctuary yet, but Maya is pretty badass, and the girl from the first one is too. They don't seem over the top helpless either. The only one I can think of that is the sex object, is Moxxie. The fap room anybody? All that kleenex on the floor made me laugh so hard.

Message 91 of 95 (153 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

In honor of this page's 10th page, here's an image of Carl's lover!

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 92 of 95 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Yeah that's Randy Orton. BTW, Wolverine IS in love. The kookoocatchoo got screwed girl.

On another note, do you think more games will follow the trend of TLOU with "strong" women, or do you think, especially with the new generation of games soon to be out, will women just be the "object of my affection" in games. I'm curious to see how games like The Division will turn out. There's women in that game.

Borderlands 2 is another one that does well with women. I haven't completed the sanctuary yet, but Maya is pretty badass, and the girl from the first one is too. They don't seem over the top helpless either. The only one I can think of that is the sex object, is Moxxie. The fap room anybody? All that kleenex on the floor made me laugh so hard.

I knew  he reminded me of something!...yeah i know that Wolverine is in love! Saw the movie!Smiley Tongue

Hmm i don't know if other games will follow the "strong" women type the way TLOU did. Besides other games like you said do have strong females already. What i'd like to see is less sexual references. Cause that's what women characters are used for. I don't care if the're strong or weak. I just want them to exist in a game for a reason rather than supporting men's journey, be a sexual interest or just to show off their "qualifications". Women In TLOU felt realistic and different only because they weren't used that way. They were just survivors.

I don't know if other companies will try to reduce the sexual idea of women, that needs to be controlled from real life before going to games anyway! Naughty Dog proved to be a mature company, but not all are. Companies sometimes just want to make games and sell them. They might not even look too deep into this...

My website: http://rlclick.weebly.com/
The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Message 93 of 95 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jul 10, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

In honor of this page's 10th page, here's an image of Carl's lover!

Hahaha! Are you sure that's not Carl herself?Smiley LOL

My website: http://rlclick.weebly.com/
The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Message 94 of 95 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
41 posts

Jul 10, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

Well that's good for you. Honestly, I haven't met any women like you(who prefer playing as a male character). Personally, I'm somewhat shy around others, mostly 'cause I can't stand a lot of people, so I enjoy my video games and make my character "me' as much as I can. So games like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Skyrim, I make myself on how I am now, and how I would be faced with those situations. I usually get my brother to create how I would look within the game to further improve my involvement within the game, it's characters, and universe.

Like I said, I don't particularily enjoy playing as females, ie. Gears of War I will never play as Anya, Sam, Bernie, or Alicia, always Marcus, Dom, Cole or Barrick, mostly Marcus, but it was a very enjoyable experience playing as Ellie in The Last Of Us. I felt as though I wasn't playng as her, but more along the lines of watching her story, like a movie or TV series.

Off topic, I hated Dragon Age II cause I couldn't be a dwarf. If I can be a dwarf, I'll be one. I like the beards, the gruffness, axes, and power houses that are dwarves.

Right, I loved seeing things from Ellie's pov. Although I was scared that it meant Joel was dead. I never thought the word "medicine" would make be jump for joy lol! Yeah DA 2 wasn't BioWare's best game but I did like the faster combat than the first one.

Message 95 of 95 (101 Views)
0 Likes