Jul 04 2013
By: FUIVT0PLAY Wastelander 671 posts

Some Gamespot BS from a TG

94 replies 1194 views Edited Jul 4, 2013

http://www.gamespot.com/features/the-last-of-us-and-grading-on-the-gender-curve-6411051/

It's a long article about how bascially, TLOU is the same white male lead protecting the women and he's like Kratos because some women died and now he is full of rage and kills everything.

Carl(olyn)'s articles are usually about how the white male lead is unfair to women and that games like TLOU should not have included male leads. Oh and Ellie has buck teeth.

Pathetic. Anyway, thought you guys would like to read some crap about the game that is redundant and stupid.

Message 1 of 95 (1,194 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4328 posts

Re: Some Gamespot BS from a TG

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

I was going to comment about that article but just thinking about it infuriates me. I'm gonna pretend I didn't see it.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 95 (1,182 Views)
Big Daddy
17066 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

Ms. Petit's article falls into the gender stereotype of a female journalist bemoaning the state of male-dominated game storytelling.

Hey, Petit, go make a female-oriented game, or STMFU.  

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 3 of 95 (1,167 Views)
Wastelander
901 posts

Jul 4, 2013

The quality of Gamespot's articles has been underwhelming. I saw the title and didn't even bother reading it.

Message 4 of 95 (1,164 Views)
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Even if Carolyn wasn't really a man I wouldn't take her article seriously one bit.

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 5 of 95 (1,162 Views)
Wastelander
594 posts

Jul 4, 2013
This is stupid. Really stupid. So stupid, in fact, that I am at a loss for words to describe the pure stupidity shown in the article besides using the word stupid.
Message 6 of 95 (1,159 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Everyone has their analytic take on things I suppose. She kind of lost me when she compared Ellie to the ring frodo has to deliver. Ellie is more than a tool, she practically took Joel all the way on their journey. 

The article over simplifies the situation just to prove its point. 

The fate of the world is safe in the Crystal Castle.
Message 7 of 95 (1,158 Views)
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

Not watched the review/read it but is Caroline that cross dresser?

edit: offensive content removed

Message 8 of 95 (1,150 Views)
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jul 4, 2013

I don't even see how a rational mind can come to the kind of conclusions she came to, did she play the game we did? I mean, I respect difference in opinion but every now and then you stumble across a truly stupid opinion.

Message 9 of 95 (1,145 Views)
Wastelander
671 posts

Jul 4, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

I don't even see how a rational mind can come to the kind of conclusions she came to, did she play the game we did? I mean, I respect difference in opinion but every now and then you stumble across a truly stupid opinion.

It's just a ridiculous article about how people complain about everything. She did the same thing for Gears of War 3, when for the first time in Gears, they made female playable characters for MP, and a big part of the game. Anya, Sam, Bernie, Alicia, were all part of the story, playable(Bernie was DLC later on and Alicia was second player in Raam's Shadow Campaign DLC) and she complained that they were in the game, for not being in the game! Jeeze Louise, this friggin journalist must have got his..no her's...no it's degree out of a cereal box! The quality of her articles is disturbing, and the crap she writes about is perplexing. Yeah Carl, I'm sure everyone thought that. Get off the internet.

Message 10 of 95 (1,103 Views)
0 Likes