Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Re: Some Gamespot BS from a TG

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

Ok guys first of all, stop using the word "feminism". If you don't know what it means and represents don't use it. There are people, for example Carolyn Petit, that don't know what a feminist is either. And when they start acting like what the think they know what that word means, then the stereotypes for feminists are created, because of their actions. If nobody got what i'm trying to say, nevermind.

Secondly i agree with all of you, and i'm a girl. Because WTFU*K IS THIS:

"Ellie, like all the women in the game, is important less in and of herself and more because of the impact that she has on Joel's life. It's because of the meaning she takes on for him that he feels compelled to make the decisions that give the ending its power. You do play as Ellie for a time, but in the end, this is still the story of how Joel is changed by his experiences."

ALL the underlined are just making me super Kratos-like furious. In the fking end it's about his decision? Impact on his life? His experience? His story? What the hell? So you mean to tell me that everybody who says that Ellie is the main protagonist in this game after all, that Ellie is the one that ends up your favourite character, that  Ellie is the one that makes you all emotional, that Ellie is the one that you actually care about, ARE STUPID? Even Neil said "by the end of the game Ellie becomes the main protagonist". People ALL over the internet are talking about Ellie, Ellie, Ellie, what did she want, what would she do, would she sacrifice etc. All about Ellie. They LOVE ELLIE! They love a non-sexualised girl!...Ha, no way, right!? Explain to me how is it a "white men, usually violent men, often angry or emotionally distant men" style game? Is that really what the game made you feel? I can't believe that is really what you got from it...

I...just fking htedrhgwshgrfhwrdhysdgha

I mean, just even take a look at her face, you instantly know...carolyn-petit_100.jpg ...that article writers like her are just...too Petit...

My website: http://rlclick.weebly.com/
The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Message 31 of 95 (347 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1640 posts

Jul 5, 2013

HPVale wrote:

Ok guys first of all, stop using the word "feminism". If you don't know what it means and represents don't use it. There are people, for example Carolyn Petit, that don't know what a feminist is either. And when they start acting like what the think they know what that word means, then the stereotypes for feminists are created, because of their actions. If nobody got what i'm trying to say, nevermind.

Secondly i agree with all of you, and i'm a girl. Because WTFU*K IS THIS:

"Ellie, like all the women in the game, is important less in and of herself and more because of the impact that she has on Joel's life. It's because of the meaning she takes on for him that he feels compelled to make the decisions that give the ending its power. You do play as Ellie for a time, but in the end, this is still the story of how Joel is changed by his experiences."

ALL the underlined are just making me super Kratos-like furious. In the fking end it's about his decision? Impact on his life? His experience? His story? What the hell? So you mean to tell me that everybody who says that Ellie is the main protagonist in this game after all, that Ellie is the one that ends up your favourite character, that  Ellie is the one that makes you all emotional, that Ellie is the one that you actually care about, ARE STUPID? Even Neil said "by the end of the game Ellie becomes the main protagonist". People ALL over the internet are talking about Ellie, Ellie, Ellie, what did she want, what would she do, would she sacrifice etc. All about Ellie. They LOVE ELLIE! They love a non-sexualised girl!...Ha, no way, right!? Explain to me how is it a "white men, usually violent men, often angry or emotionally distant men" style game? Is that really what the game made you feel? I can't believe that is really what you got from it...

I...just fking htedrhgwshgrfhwrdhysdgha

I mean, just even take a look at it's face, you instantly know...carolyn-petit_100.jpg ...that article writers like it is just...too Petit...

Fixed * lol

I agree with you 100%

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 32 of 95 (325 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Jul 6, 2013

First the New York Times article, now this. Absolutely terrible. The fact that these people can actually be this stupid is astounding...

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Message 33 of 95 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jul 6, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel

Haha!...yeah... i'm fuming over this!

The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Message 34 of 95 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jul 6, 2013

lol. Nice find. I have only one opinion about it:

That article is stupid and everyone who supports that article is stupid.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 35 of 95 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Jul 6, 2013

I find it funny that the one female b1tching about some gender inequality bullshi1 looks like someone who is angry and bitter at men, probably rooted at her being an ugly cow.

Message 36 of 95 (279 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jul 6, 2013
@HPVale alright tell us the real meaning of the feminism genius. Political correctness from feminists will ruin games and they just want special privileges and treatment. Feminism is just a female supremacy group.
Message 37 of 95 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2013

@ mujahein66

When people were slaves, they rebeled for their freedom. When black people were treated like scum and were used, they fought for their rights and equality. Women back in the day were as a minority as these examples. And just like those two examples, so did women rose for their rights and equality. There is nothing different between all of these minorities fighting for what they should have and was deprived from them. Sometimes though, these minorities might get "extreme" to get what they want. Feminism did not get extreme. Women did. Don't blame a movement with good intentions with people's mistakes for using the movement. Did that make it clear for you? And please be more polite next time...

Message 38 of 95 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Jul 6, 2013

HPVale wrote:

@ mujahein66

When people were slaves, they rebeled for their freedom. When black people were treated like scum and were used, they fought for their rights and equality. Women back in the day were as a minority as these examples. And just like those two examples, so did women rose for their rights and equality. There is nothing different between all of these minorities fighting for what they should have and was deprived from them. Sometimes though, these minorities might get "extreme" to get what they want. Feminism did not get extreme. Women did. Don't blame a movement with good intentions with people's mistakes for using the movement. Did that make it clear for you? And please be more polite next time...

Actually, and I don;t think you're wrong, but a better definition would be,

Feminism: The act of wanting everything done for a woman, to be protected, cared for, and loved, then hate people for protecting you, caring for you, and loving you. Also wanting a woman to be able to do everything the exact same as a male. For example, a woman wanting a Marcus Fenix version of a female.

In reality, there are some things that women can do just as well as men, or better, but c'mon, it has to be believeable. For example, I doubt any of the female Gears in Geasr of War could retro charge a 300Lbs+ 7 foot monster, lifit him up over their head, and slam them down. In the game they could do that for gameplay reasons, but in reality, no. It would be impossible for a woman of Anya, Sam, Bernie or Alicia's size to be able to do that.

Same thing with Nathan Drake and Tomb Raider(I don't know her name) I have a hard time believing that she can do all that stuff. Especially all the hand to hand and grappling scenarios with bigger, and stronger men. I'm not saying women can't fight, and kick the crap outta men, but sometimes it's just hard to believe.

Message 39 of 95 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jul 7, 2013

This thread is a mess.

Message 40 of 95 (216 Views)
0 Likes