Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 04/14/2013
Offline
671 posts
 

Re: Some Gamespot BS from a TG

Jul 7, 2013

luxlisbons wrote:

This thread is a mess.


Yeah, well, yeah..... Oh well, I posted the article to create discussion, which happened.


Message 41 of 95 (181 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/25/2013
Offline
150 posts
 

Re: Some Gamespot BS from a TG

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:


Actually, and I don;t think you're wrong, but a better definition would be,

Feminism: The act of wanting everything done for a woman, to be protected, cared for, and loved, then hate people for protecting you, caring for you, and loving you. Also wanting a woman to be able to do everything the exact same as a male. For example, a woman wanting a Marcus Fenix version of a female.

 

In reality, there are some things that women can do just as well as men, or better, but c'mon, it has to be believeable. For example, I doubt any of the female Gears in Geasr of War could retro charge a 300Lbs+ 7 foot monster, lifit him up over their head, and slam them down. In the game they could do that for gameplay reasons, but in reality, no. It would be impossible for a woman of Anya, Sam, Bernie or Alicia's size to be able to do that.

 

Same thing with Nathan Drake and Tomb Raider(I don't know her name) I have a hard time believing that she can do all that stuff. Especially all the hand to hand and grappling scenarios with bigger, and stronger men. I'm not saying women can't fight, and kick the crap outta men, but sometimes it's just hard to believe.

 


Haha omg you made me laugh!...Sorry...i am...that's definetely not feminism. Feminism is defined by sociology. You define it by a woman's needs? That's not the case. I explained it's a movement. Women just use it wrongfully, usually to get what they want. Women meaning average, everyday women. Women who use feminism as it is, are as a professional as a politician, psychologist etc. They are the ones making a difference for our rights. But you are a clear example that everyday women defile that meaning because they use it for their own reasons. Then because of that "corruption" of the meaning, feminism gets a wrong definition, the type you tried to give, and not the one it really is. I don't mean to say anything about what you said, clearly that's the popular idea, not only because of the wrong idea for feminism but also because it kind of suits men (and sometimes women) to use it that way too.

 

About the games you said. I agree women are not stronger than men, and women who say that they are, are using feminism the wrong way to seem superior. That's what i meant before. What they fail to realise is that a woman's strength comes from biology not from lack of equality. Jesus! So yeah Tomb Raider is fake, but also Nathan Drake. Actually every game is fake, nobody fights like that. No man, no woman can do the things the do in video games, in real life.

So yep! That's it! Smiley Tongue

My website: http://rlclick.weebly.com/
The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Message 42 of 95 (159 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/26/2013
Offline
137 posts
 

Re: Some Gamespot BS from a TG

Jul 7, 2013

^^ Wait wait your telling me Nathan Drake cannot take on miniture armies say something badass then proceed to scale a building jumping from ledge to ledge 3 meters apart? Hmmm.

Message 43 of 95 (153 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/26/2008
Offline
768 posts
 

Re: Some Gamespot BS from a TG

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

*takes a sip of grape juice..*

 

but I be diggin me some digital bouncin b00bies....and in the end, that's all that really matters.



.
Message 44 of 95 (145 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 04/14/2013
Offline
671 posts
 

Re: Some Gamespot BS from a TG

Jul 7, 2013

loakum wrote:

*takes a sip of grape juice..*

 

but I be diggin me some digital bouncin b00bies....and in the end, that's all that really matters.


HAHA! Morgan Freeman is here!


Message 45 of 95 (127 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 04/14/2013
Offline
671 posts
 

Re: Some Gamespot BS from a TG

Jul 7, 2013

HPVale wrote:

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:


Actually, and I don;t think you're wrong, but a better definition would be,

Feminism: The act of wanting everything done for a woman, to be protected, cared for, and loved, then hate people for protecting you, caring for you, and loving you. Also wanting a woman to be able to do everything the exact same as a male. For example, a woman wanting a Marcus Fenix version of a female.

 

In reality, there are some things that women can do just as well as men, or better, but c'mon, it has to be believeable. For example, I doubt any of the female Gears in Geasr of War could retro charge a 300Lbs+ 7 foot monster, lifit him up over their head, and slam them down. In the game they could do that for gameplay reasons, but in reality, no. It would be impossible for a woman of Anya, Sam, Bernie or Alicia's size to be able to do that.

 

Same thing with Nathan Drake and Tomb Raider(I don't know her name) I have a hard time believing that she can do all that stuff. Especially all the hand to hand and grappling scenarios with bigger, and stronger men. I'm not saying women can't fight, and kick the crap outta men, but sometimes it's just hard to believe.

 


Haha omg you made me laugh!...Sorry...i am...that's definetely not feminism. Feminism is defined by sociology. You define it by a woman's needs? That's not the case. I explained it's a movement. Women just use it wrongfully, usually to get what they want. Women meaning average, everyday women. Women who use feminism as it is, are as a professional as a politician, psychologist etc. They are the ones making a difference for our rights. But you are a clear example that everyday women defile that meaning because they use it for their own reasons. Then because of that "corruption" of the meaning, feminism gets a wrong definition, the type you tried to give, and not the one it really is. I don't mean to say anything about what you said, clearly that's the popular idea, not only because of the wrong idea for feminism but also because it kind of suits men (and sometimes women) to use it that way too.

 

About the games you said. I agree women are not stronger than men, and women who say that they are, are using feminism the wrong way to seem superior. That's what i meant before. What they fail to realise is that a woman's strength comes from biology not from lack of equality. Jesus! So yeah Tomb Raider is fake, but also Nathan Drake. Actually every game is fake, nobody fights like that. No man, no woman can do the things the do in video games, in real life.

So yep! That's it! Smiley Tongue


Oh, yeah, I know Nathan and Lara Croft aren't real, but you get my point. You definately explained it better than me, but what I was trying to say is that "feminism" is like that, where women use that and then complain like Carl did on Gamespot.


Message 46 of 95 (125 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/25/2013
Offline
150 posts
 

Re: Some Gamespot BS from a TG

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote

Oh, yeah, I know Nathan and Lara Croft aren't real, but you get my point. You definately explained it better than me, but what I was trying to say is that "feminism" is like that, where women use that and then complain like Carl did on Gamespot.


Yeah, i know...wait who's Carl? I thought Carolyn Petit wrote this article..

My website: http://rlclick.weebly.com/
The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Message 47 of 95 (116 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/06/2012
Offline
2633 posts
 

Re: Some Gamespot BS from a TG

Jul 7, 2013

Carolyn Petit is/was a man, so FITP is calling him/her/it Carl.

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 48 of 95 (103 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 01/11/2011
Offline
41 posts
 

Re: Some Gamespot BS from a TG

Jul 7, 2013

ITS new name is Carl cause IT doesn't deserve to have anyone get ITS name right. lol!

 

I'm a woman and I disagree with ITS article big time. First IT over simplifies the entire game into a freaking template of the brooding man who's life is served by the violent death of women. Then IT over simplifies the characters. "Joel is an angry WHITE man." Tess dies to serve his development, Sarah dies to serve his broodiness, and Ellie is the one ring, nothing more than an object. IT then goes on to berate the game by claiming it focuses on gender but then turn out and try to get people to see how great it would be for Tess to be the lead and not for any other reason than Tess being a woman.

 

When I played TLOU I didn't see race or gender in any of the characters. I saw them as people trying to survive and deal with the cards given to them. I saw strong people, not strong women and men. The author clearly focused all of ITS attention into gender which is extermely counter productive. I thought feminist were supposed to strive for a world where gender and race didn't matter but if these self proclaimed "feminists" keep focusing on gender then we'll never reach that goal.  The whole article is the creature just stockpiling on offenses to Joel's character and most of them IT never even follows through. For example. Why is Joel's race even mentioned? The angry WHITE man. Is the creature saying IT wouldn't have written ITS article if Joel was black? It's like IT'S trying to pull both the gender and race card here. Like "see even black people can understand what I'm saying about the angry white male protaganist in games" yet IT doesn't mention that the game should have been about the Queen firefly woman but about Tess, who is white. Overall, I'm sort of rambling here cause I really don't understand what truly offends this creature.  If IT is truly offended at how women are protrayed in games to the point where no one should even praise games that show signs of improvement based on the creature's own wannabe feminist template then IT should go out and create ITS own gaming company instead of demanding that everyone make changes to please IT.

 

I play games to immerse myself into a story with characters I can relate to and I can relate to a character of any gender provided that they are written well. I have no desire to trade "templates" just to be PC. Because really that is all this creature is asking for. To trade what IT believes be one "template' IT finds offensive with another "template" IT believes is more to ITS liking. The fact that the creature sees this game as just a template is just proof that IT really has no idea what ITS talking about and probably didn't even pay the game.  Woman Very Happy

Message 49 of 95 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 04/14/2013
Offline
671 posts
 

Re: Some Gamespot BS from a TG

Jul 7, 2013

sparkleus wrote:

ITS new name is Carl cause IT doesn't deserve to have anyone get ITS name right. lol!

 

I'm a woman and I disagree with ITS article big time. First IT over simplifies the entire game into a freaking template of the brooding man who's life is served by the violent death of women. Then IT over simplifies the characters. "Joel is an angry WHITE man." Tess dies to serve his development, Sarah dies to serve his broodiness, and Ellie is the one ring, nothing more than an object. IT then goes on to berate the game by claiming it focuses on gender but then turn out and try to get people to see how great it would be for Tess to be the lead and not for any other reason than Tess being a woman.

 

When I played TLOU I didn't see race or gender in any of the characters. I saw them as people trying to survive and deal with the cards given to them. I saw strong people, not strong women and men. The author clearly focused all of ITS attention into gender which is extermely counter productive. I thought feminist were supposed to strive for a world where gender and race didn't matter but if these self proclaimed "feminists" keep focusing on gender then we'll never reach that goal.  The whole article is the creature just stockpiling on offenses to Joel's character and most of them IT never even follows through. For example. Why is Joel's race even mentioned? The angry WHITE man. Is the creature saying IT wouldn't have written ITS article if Joel was black? It's like IT'S trying to pull both the gender and race card here. Like "see even black people can understand what I'm saying about the angry white male protaganist in games" yet IT doesn't mention that the game should have been about the Queen firefly woman but about Tess, who is white. Overall, I'm sort of rambling here cause I really don't understand what truly offends this creature.  If IT is truly offended at how women are protrayed in games to the point where no one should even praise games that show signs of improvement based on the creature's own wannabe feminist template then IT should go out and create ITS own gaming company instead of demanding that everyone make changes to please IT.

 

I play games to immerse myself into a story with characters I can relate to and I can relate to a character of any gender provided that they are written well. I have no desire to trade "templates" just to be PC. Because really that is all this creature is asking for. To trade what IT believes be one "template' IT finds offensive with another "template" IT believes is more to ITS liking. The fact that the creature sees this game as just a template is just proof that IT really has no idea what ITS talking about and probably didn't even pay the game.  Woman Very Happy


No I'm sure she played the game, and then hated that "it" couldn't play as the depressed black woman.


Message 50 of 95 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes