First Son
19 posts

Re: Some Gamespot BS from a TG

Jul 8, 2013

You lost all credibility when you compared women to African slaves. Were women forced to pick cotton all day? Did women get bombed by the KKK and other racist groups? I dont think so. So you are saying feminism is not extreme? Dont make me laugh. When foudning feminists say things like men are al rapists and good for nothing and evil you think that is not extreme. Good intentions mean jack when the movement destroys families and gives record high divorce rates and criminals raised by single moms. PS dont reply with a condescending attitude because I wont lean over for you like your boyfriend.

Message 51 of 95 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jul 8, 2013

This thread officially has no relation to The Last Of Us whatsoever. Why is it still open.

Message 52 of 95 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Jul 8, 2013

luxlisbons wrote:

This thread officially has no relation to The Last Of Us whatsoever. Why is it still open.

If you don't like it, there's a door over there. You know that right? We are discussing something that was written in an article about the game. It's a discussion. But I guess from now on we'll all just put TLOU in our post and we're all good.

Message 53 of 95 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- luxlisbons wrote: This thread officially has no relation to The Last Of Us whatsoever. Why is it still open. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is discussing an article  ABOUT THE LAST OF US and it's not about the game at all?

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 54 of 95 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Jul 8, 2013
Use ya head son!

Message 55 of 95 (138 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

Jul 8, 2013

I fail to see how you guys taking guesses on what feminism is is at all on topic but okay.

Message 56 of 95 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

luxlisbons wrote:

I fail to see how you guys taking guesses on what feminism is is at all on topic but okay.

fem·i·nism  

/ˈfeməˌnizəm/

Noun

The advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.

Happy?

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 57 of 95 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

mujahein66 wrote:

You lost all credibility when you compared women to African slaves. Were women forced to pick cotton all day? Did women get bombed by the KKK and other racist groups? I dont think so. So you are saying feminism is not extreme? Dont make me laugh. When foudning feminists say things like men are al rapists and good for nothing and evil you think that is not extreme. Good intentions mean jack when the movement destroys families and gives record high divorce rates and criminals raised by single moms. PS dont reply with a condescending attitude because I wont lean over for you like your boyfriend.

1. Don't be mean, i didn't offend you did i?

2. I didn't compare women with African slaves. I compared slavery, meaning no freedom and being told what to do. There are different types of slavery and i said that people tend to rise when they were deprived from their rights and freedom. Black people earned their rights, women did too. Simpe as. If you don't believe women were repressed back then, and a lot still are, you should study some more. I'm not saying they "picked cotton all day". But i'm saying being forced to stay home, being forced to raise children, being forced not to work, being forced to do what they were told is a form of slavery.

3. Feminism was founded for equality of rights in every aspect of women's life, meaning what you can do, we can. Again- simpe as. It started with a simple request: "we want to work". Wow now that's is extreme! It didn't mean being superior, it didn't say anything offensive for men. No rapists, no evil no nothing. I have studied this you know. You are just speaking with...i don't know anger?

4. As i have stated, the word "Feminism" is corrupted, for the general population. Feminism does not have that rapist-evil-animal-hate men feeling to it and does not support it. Let me explain. I can give you a knife. What can you do with it? You can use it to take someone's life by stabbing them, or you can use it to save someone's life by performing surgery on them. It's a tool. So is feminism. Some women are using it as an excuse to make themselves superior and talk **bleep** about men, and some can make a real difference for women. The difference has been done by true feminists. The rest of the women are not feminists.

5. Have you studied sociology, psychology, anything about education or history? Any human studies at all? Yeah well feminism is not making criminals. So you say that we have more criminals now because of divorces caused by feminism? Hey, hey did you hear? Video games make people violent too! Ha, yeah, no really!! (sarcasm). You are saying a similar thing. Divorces aren't at higher rates. Statistics will show you that they are. Sociology will explain that they are not. Back in the day did you know that a man could leave their family, just disappear, and women could not divorce them. They could only do so 7 YEARS after the disappearance of the husband. So what did husbands do? They appeared once in a while. Don't believe me-study. Well i'm actually kinda glad that is not allowed now. That's just ONE example of being unfair. So sociology explains that divorces would be at very similar rates, if they were allowed back in the day. Now, we just have a way to a)do them, b)trace them, c)talk about them, which makes them much more "visible". Imagine a curtain being opened and behind are the divorces. Media and transportation of people and data now is so fast, that divorces 'seem' to be more than usual. There is no usual. There is allowing one to divorce.

6. My attitude is and was fine. Yours wasn't from the very begining. You have already leaned.

P.S Sorry for getting out of context!

My website: http://rlclick.weebly.com/
The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Message 58 of 95 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Jul 8, 2013

HPVale wrote:

mujahein66 wrote:

1. Don't be mean, i didn't offend you did i?

2. I didn't compare women with African slaves. I compared slavery, meaning no freedom and being told what to do. There are different types of slavery and i said that people tend to rise when they were deprived from their rights and freedom. Black people earned their rights, women did too. Simpe as. If you don't believe women were repressed back then, and a lot still are, you should study some more. I'm not saying they "picked cotton all day". But i'm saying being forced to stay home, being forced to raise children, being forced not to work, being forced to do what they were told is a form of slavery.

3. Feminism was founded for equality of rights in every aspect of women's life, meaning what you can do, we can. Again- simpe as. It started with a simple request: "we want to work". Wow now that's is extreme! It didn't mean being superior, it didn't say anything offensive for men. No rapists, no evil no nothing. I have studied this you know. You are just speaking with...i don't know anger?

4. As i have stated, the word "Feminism" is corrupted, for the general population. Feminism does not have that rapist-evil-animal-hate men feeling to it and does not support it. Let me explain. I can give you a knife. What can you do with it? You can use it to take someone's life by stabbing them, or you can use it to save someone's life by performing surgery on them. It's a tool. So is feminism. Some women are using it as an excuse to make themselves superior and talk **bleep** about men, and some can make a real difference for women. The difference has been done by true feminists. The rest of the women are not feminists.

5. Have you studied sociology, psychology, anything about education or history? Any human studies at all? Yeah well feminism is not making criminals. So you say that we have more criminals now because of divorces caused by feminism? Hey, hey did you hear? Video games make people violent too! Ha, yeah, no really!! (sarcasm). You are saying a similar thing. Divorces aren't at higher rates. Statistics will show you that they are. Sociology will explain that they are not. Back in the day did you know that a man could leave their family, just disappear, and women could not divorce them. They could only do so 7 YEARS after the disappearance of the husband. So what did husbands do? They appeared once in a while. Don't believe me-study. Well i'm actually kinda glad that is not allowed now. That's just ONE example of being unfair. So sociology explains that divorces would be at very similar rates, if they were allowed back in the day. Now, we just have a way to a)do them, b)trace them, c)talk about them, which makes them much more "visible". Imagine a curtain being opened and behind are the divorces. Media and transportation of people and data now is so fast, that divorces 'seem' to be more than usual. There is no usual. There is allowing one to divorce.

6. My attitude is and was fine. Yours wasn't from the very begining. You have already leaned.

P.S Sorry for getting out of context!

Why would you apologize? This is the discusssion everyone is having.

Message 59 of 95 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Hey, read this arcticle about TLOU. Feels opposite of Carl's. Lol...Carl!:smileyvery-happy:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-05-the-last-of-us-isnt-the-solution-to-sexism-in-games-but...

My website: http://rlclick.weebly.com/
The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Message 60 of 95 (67 Views)
0 Likes