Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
564 posts

Re: Some Gamespot BS from a TG

Jul 9, 2013

I feel awkward posting this to this ongoing discussion... but that's alright. I have Master's Degree in Awkwardness. :x

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 81 of 95 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jul 9, 2013

WinterEdit wrote:

I feel awkward posting this to this ongoing discussion... but that's alright. I have Master's Degree in Awkwardness. :x

3v4bxy.jpg

Sorry! Sorry, omg i couldn't resist!:smileyembarrassed:

My website: http://rlclick.weebly.com/
The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Message 82 of 95 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jul 9, 2013

HPVale wrote:

WinterEdit wrote:

3v4bxy.jpg

Sorry! Sorry, omg i couldn't resist!:smileyembarrassed:

Lol, it's alright. :3

I think it's safe to say this thread has now been officially derailed. :smileyvery-happy:

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 83 of 95 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

WinterEdit wrote:

I think it's safe to say this thread has now been officially derailed. :smileyvery-happy:

Don't worry i'll bring it back on course!:smileylol:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/14/arts/video-games/in-the-video-game-the-last-of-us-survival-favors-...

Hmm...it was...interesting-ly stupid...

The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Message 84 of 95 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1641 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

HPVale wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

lol You can expect a friend request soon :smileytongue:

3s3o1q.jpg

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 85 of 95 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1407 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

HPVale wrote:

WinterEdit wrote:

Don't worry i'll bring it back on course!:smileylol:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/14/arts/video-games/in-the-video-game-the-last-of-us-survival-favors-...

Hmm...it was...interesting-ly stupid...

Ok now these ppl are just stretching........

Goodness I remember only a few games I have ever played where women were not sexualized (I dont think this is a good thing but unfortunately alot of devs do this).  This is perhaps the best game I have ever played where ppl are real.  Women act as I would expect them to act.  Heck the head of the fireflies is a women for goodness sake.  Tess was definitely someone that Joel felt was an equal he treated her like you would expect 2 guys to treat eachother in a similar line of work.  Ellie is a strong character and very well done...I dont have to hold her hand to get through the game she does most of it herself (save the water/pallet sequences). 

I dont know....I know right now being a man is not popular in our culture but its just getting rediculous. 

Message 86 of 95 (85 Views)
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

semper_fi_1999 wrote

Ok now these ppl are just stretching........

Goodness I remember only a few games I have ever played where women were not sexualized (I dont think this is a good thing but unfortunately alot of devs do this).  This is perhaps the best game I have ever played where ppl are real.  Women act as I would expect them to act.  Heck the head of the fireflies is a women for goodness sake.  Tess was definitely someone that Joel felt was an equal he treated her like you would expect 2 guys to treat eachother in a similar line of work.  Ellie is a strong character and very well done...I dont have to hold her hand to get through the game she does most of it herself (save the water/pallet sequences). 

I dont know....I know right now being a man is not popular in our culture but its just getting rediculous. 

Yeah the women of TLOU are treated like survivors not damsels in distress. I'm sure there are a lot of women in that world, that are realistically dead, weak, afraid, raped etc*, but the women we see have an active role, meaning they get sh*t done. If you do that in that kind of world, you survive. That's why the only women we see are all dynamic and powerful. Tess, Ellie, Marlene, Maria.

*I believe we don't see a lot of women because honestly, we're weaker. There are more infected women and no hunter women. We don't meet women except in the QZ, where they are safe. As much as a badass a woman can be, and again honestly, they are, violence is not our strong point. And this is a violent world...

Message 87 of 95 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jul 9, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

HPVale wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

3s3o1q.jpg

His stare...is that Orton???:smileysurprised:

Message 88 of 95 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1641 posts

Jul 9, 2013

HPVale wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

HPVale wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

3s3o1q.jpg

His stare...is that Orton???:smileysurprised:

I really don't know, I just grabbed it from google lol :smileytongue: Friend Request sent, though :smileyvery-happy:

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 89 of 95 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jul 9, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

I really don't know, I just grabbed it from google lol :smileytongue: Friend Request sent, though :smileyvery-happy:

Haha okay, great!:smileyvery-happy: Now i just gotta find time to turn my ps3 on and accept it cause i'm still recovering from TLOU and i couldn't get myself near the ps3 after the end...

Just kidding, thanks though!:smileyhappy:

Message 90 of 95 (66 Views)
0 Likes