Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 10/26/2008
Offline
768 posts
 

Re: Song you think would be good for a Last of Us trailer/

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

ok, this will be THE PERFECT SONG to be featured in The Last of Us commercial!

 

 

 



.
Message 21 of 81 (226 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14228 posts
 

Re: Song you think would be good for a Last of Us trailer/

Apr 27, 2013

I'm not going to youtube anything... Because I'd end up posting a crap load of music no one likes apart from me.

 

But.. There is one actual song I could think of. Johnny Cash - Ain't no Grave

 

I hate the song... But I guess it could work and that would probably be the thing I'd use for this game.

 

Generally with horror game/movie trailers you have to either get in touch with the characters and what they may be going through to be able to find something suitable.. or just paste absolutely anything on there and use loads of effects and make it look different than it should be.

 

There are probably better ideas than what I could come up with... Better not quit my day job eh? Smiley Tongue



Message 22 of 81 (210 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/27/2013
Offline
13 posts
 

Re: Songs you think would be good for a serious Last of Us trailer

Apr 27, 2013

I think Apertura from 'The Motorcycle Diaries' soundtrack would be really good for TLOU trailer.

 

 

It's composed by Gustavo Santaolalla. The same guy who is making the soundtrack for TLOU.

Message 23 of 81 (195 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 04/14/2013
Offline
671 posts
 

Re: Song you think would be good for a Last of Us trailer/

Apr 27, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

I'm not going to youtube anything... Because I'd end up posting a crap load of music no one likes apart from me.

 

But.. There is one actual song I could think of. Johnny Cash - Ain't no Grave

 

I hate the song... But I guess it could work and that would probably be the thing I'd use for this game.

 

Generally with horror game/movie trailers you have to either get in touch with the characters and what they may be going through to be able to find something suitable.. or just paste absolutely anything on there and use loads of effects and make it look different than it should be.

 

There are probably better ideas than what I could come up with... Better not quit my day job eh? Smiley Tongue


That's funny, I posted that one. It makes sense for The Last of Us.


Message 24 of 81 (183 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/13/2013
Offline
520 posts
 

Re: Song you think would be good for a Last of Us trailer/

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

loakum wrote:

The Nothing Song.

 


That (4) is actually one of the most giddy in that album. I think 2, 5, 6 and 7 fit even better than 4. Anyways, I'm glad someone else thought of this album. I'm not alone in this world. I'm not the last of us Smiley Tongue

Message 25 of 81 (171 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/26/2008
Offline
768 posts
 

Re: Song you think would be good for a Last of Us trailer/

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

Solid_Altair wrote:

loakum wrote:

The Nothing Song.

 


That (4) is actually one of the most giddy in that album. I think 2, 5, 6 and 7 fit even better than 4. Anyways, I'm glad someone else thought of this album. I'm not alone in this world. I'm not the last of us Smiley Tongue


yeah, all of those songs are soooo awesome! It's hard to describe them, but each song is haunting! When I seen the movie, Vanilla Sky, I instantly ordered their album from amazon.com.

 

BI6O_QOCEAIAX-N.jpg



.
Message 26 of 81 (164 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/04/2010
Offline
2055 posts
 

Re: Song you think would be good for a Last of Us trailer/

Apr 28, 2013

 Yeah it's from TWD. Get at me.  
 


Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 27 of 81 (162 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 10/26/2008
Offline
768 posts
 

Re: Song you think would be good for a Last of Us trailer/

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013



.
Message 28 of 81 (157 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/13/2013
Offline
520 posts
 

Re: Song you think would be good for a Last of Us trailer/

Apr 28, 2013

loakum wrote:

yeah, all of those songs are soooo awesome! It's hard to describe them, but each song is haunting! When I seen the movie, Vanilla Sky, I instantly ordered their album from amazon.com.

I agree. I also think Valtari, from the album Valtari, would be a good fit for a trailer focusing on their journey, showing them walking, climbing, scouting, pointing and driving around. It's a good... 'background' song.

Message 29 of 81 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14228 posts
 

Re: Song you think would be good for a Last of Us trailer/

Apr 29, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I'm not going to youtube anything... Because I'd end up posting a crap load of music no one likes apart from me.

 

But.. There is one actual song I could think of. Johnny Cash - Ain't no Grave

 

I hate the song... But I guess it could work and that would probably be the thing I'd use for this game.

 

Generally with horror game/movie trailers you have to either get in touch with the characters and what they may be going through to be able to find something suitable.. or just paste absolutely anything on there and use loads of effects and make it look different than it should be.

 

There are probably better ideas than what I could come up with... Better not quit my day job eh? Smiley Tongue


That's funny, I posted that one. It makes sense for The Last of Us.


Didn't read everything. I was lazy Smiley Tongue



Message 30 of 81 (120 Views)
Reply
0 Likes