May 02 2013
By: themarcshark223 Hekseville Citizen 384 posts

Spoiler don't increase enjoyment!

6 replies 246 views Edited May 2, 2013
Don't listen to this new theory that seems to be popular nowadays. "spoilers actually increase enjoyment" no it doesn't! A big plot twist or a shocking moment is what makes it impact full and memorable.

I recently beat bioshock infinite and I knew what the plot twist was and it didn't affect me at all. I was like "o that's cool" but it didn't have an impact.

So don't accept what these people are saying because you want a reason to give in to your spoiler desires. Don't do it. EXPERIENCE IT THE WAY THE ARTIST WANTED YOU TO EXPERIENCE IT. Naughty dog put time and effort into having these relationships develop over the course of the game. Play the game the way naughty dog wants you to play it.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Re: Spoiler don't increase enjoyment!

May 2, 2013
I know what you mean. I also knew the ending of bioshock infinite (cause of bloody YouTube comments) and when I finished I was just like oh that was cool. Now I'm afraid to read the last of us comments because apparently somebody cracked the files of the last of demo and found out spoilers. I think I'll just away from comments that have anything to do with the last of us.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (238 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

May 2, 2013

I haven't heard of anyone saying "spoilers increase enjoyment" but you gotta understand not everyone has your mindset and you just have to learn that everyone else will think different. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (235 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7587 posts

May 2, 2013
I beg to differ

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (234 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

May 2, 2013

chrispy365 wrote:
I know what you mean. I also knew the ending of bioshock infinite (cause of bloody YouTube comments) and when I finished I was just like oh that was cool. Now I'm afraid to read the last of us comments because apparently somebody cracked the files of the last of demo and found out spoilers. I think I'll just away from comments that have anything to do with the last of us.

Then I guess off the forums you go. lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

May 2, 2013
Yep I'm not goIng on the forums again until I've beat the game. Goodbye everyone. Talk to you all when I've beat the game :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

May 2, 2013
Oh the irony. The spoilers have forced many to leave the forum and now those left truly are The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (193 Views)