Reply
Apr 03 2013
By: BO2TLOU Lombax Warrior 107 posts
Offline

Spoilers: Should I watch the new trailer?

23 replies 220 views Edited Apr 3, 2013

So I've been on media blackout for TLOU since the story trailer. From what I understand, this trailer is similar to that one, just "red-band". Does the new trailer contain a significant amout of unseen footage/new environments? New characters? Anything revealed about the plot that wasn't previously known? 

I don't want to see much more than what has been revealed in the story trailer. If this trailer doesn't reveal too much more, than I will watch it. What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 24 (220 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
10739 posts
 

Re: Spoilers: Should I watch the new trailer?

Apr 3, 2013

Don't watch it, my advice.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 2 of 24 (214 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
3465 posts
 

Re: Spoilers: Should I watch the new trailer?

Apr 3, 2013

BO2TLOU wrote:

So I've been on media blackout for TLOU since the story trailer. From what I understand, this trailer is similar to that one, just "red-band". Does the new trailer contain a significant amout of unseen footage/new environments? New characters? Anything revealed about the plot that wasn't previously known? 

I don't want to see much more than what has been revealed in the story trailer. If this trailer doesn't reveal too much more, than I will watch it. What do you guys think?


3 new characters, maybe 2 if that person was the same, but they looked different...

some new buildings as environments, not really anything spoilerish though...

I don't think it reveals anything of the plot, it just has some new clips of takedowns on infected, although I have to say it might tell something about the beginning of the game how ellie comes in contact with joel, but I wouldn't consider it spoilerish...

Message 3 of 24 (211 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/15/2012
Offline
2562 posts
 

Re: Spoilers: Should I watch the new trailer?

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

There are new character shown, though hardly anything really is revealed about their significance. After that it's basically everything you've already seen, just a few more clips of infected. If you're on media blackout though then don't risk it.

Message 4 of 24 (210 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/02/2013
Offline
374 posts
 

Re: Spoilers: Should I watch the new trailer?

Apr 3, 2013

some **bleep** just spoiled the plot & ending for me on Youtube.

 

Stay away from videos, & especially comment sections

Message 5 of 24 (208 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
3465 posts
 

Re: Spoilers: Should I watch the new trailer?

Apr 3, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

There is a new character shown, though nothing is really revealed about his significance. After that it's basically everything you've already seen, just a few more clips of infected.


only one? I counted 3:

 

Spoiler
the person at which ellie asks how she would know them, the person asking ellie if she is ever scared (maybe those 2 are the same) and the person on the ground captured by joel and tess (maybe that person is not important to the story)

 

Message 6 of 24 (204 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
3465 posts
 

Re: Spoilers: Should I watch the new trailer?

Apr 3, 2013

studio35 wrote:

some **bleep** just spoiled the plot & ending for me on Youtube.

 

Stay away from videos, & especially comment sections


of The Last of Us? I don't think anybody know the ending of a game that is not yet released, that person just made it up...

Message 7 of 24 (199 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/15/2012
Offline
2562 posts
 

Re: Spoilers: Should I watch the new trailer?

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

dh0rmazine wrote:

There is a new character shown, though nothing is really revealed about his significance. After that it's basically everything you've already seen, just a few more clips of infected.


only one? I counted 3:

 

Spoiler
the person at which ellie asks how she would know them, the person asking ellie if she is ever scared (maybe those 2 are the same) and the person on the ground captured by joel and tess (maybe that person is not important to the story)

 


Yeah sorry, I changed my comment, I forgot about

Spoiler
the guy in the alley, though the woman Ellie asks "how do you know them" was the same person who said "I need something smuggled out of the city" in the original story trailer. So I guess, 2 new characters are shown.
Message 8 of 24 (195 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/14/2013
Offline
107 posts
 

Re: Spoilers: Should I watch the new trailer?

Apr 3, 2013

Alright, general consensus seems to be don't watch it, so I'll go with that. This wait is getting tougher.

Message 9 of 24 (193 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
3465 posts
 

Re: Spoilers: Should I watch the new trailer?

Apr 3, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

dh0rmazine wrote:

There is a new character shown, though nothing is really revealed about his significance. After that it's basically everything you've already seen, just a few more clips of infected.


only one? I counted 3:

 

Spoiler
the person at which ellie asks how she would know them, the person asking ellie if she is ever scared (maybe those 2 are the same) and the person on the ground captured by joel and tess (maybe that person is not important to the story)

 


Yeah sorry, I changed my comment, I forgot about

Spoiler
the guy in the alley, though the woman Ellie asks "how do you know them" was the same person who said "I need something smuggled out of the city" in the original story trailer. So I guess, 2 new characters are shown.

and I forgot about that one person was indeed already showed in the story trailer, so indeed 2 characters shown Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 24 (189 Views)
Reply
0 Likes