Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 27 2013
By: Kado8118 Monster Hunter 39 posts

Stalkers ? Where you hiding? -_-

13 replies 809 views Edited Jul 27, 2013

Did anyone feel the Stalkers got the shaft? In my 1st playthrough on hard, i don't even recall having to really face any. I recall having to fight one i believe down in the hotel basement, and I think the sewers with Sam, but they resemble so much like a ordinary runner, I couldn't really differentiate between the two..lol, I even had to look them up google and youtube to even try to remember what they looked like? For example they didn't get introduced into the story like the 1st time you had to face a bloater in the gym...I even read certain players talking about how they would creep on you (hence the name) but i truely dont even recall  seeing them, or getting that paranoid feeling like i was being preyed on... I some what felt that they coulda been better implemented into the game through out the course of the campaign, seems like a missed opportunity, still a classic game though.I felt like you encountered bloaters more and to me they seem to me like "mini bosses" Anyway, anybody feel the same? thoughts?

Message 1 of 14 (809 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: Stalkers ? Where you hiding? -_-

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013
Staplers are actually only found twice in the game. I've earned $100 in-game money by killing one from behind.

EDIT: LOL. Auto-correct on my iPad. I'll leave the mistake there for the sake of humor. But yeah, I meant Stalkers.
"I'll put something here. But for now, you get nothing. Want some nothing?"
Message 2 of 14 (799 Views)
Wastelander
594 posts

Jul 27, 2013
Stalkers don't hide but they can see you and hear you like a mile away, at least on Survivor and (maybe) Hard.

I personally found them to be harder to deal with than Clickers since its very hard to avoid confrontation
Message 3 of 14 (748 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Jul 27, 2013

well the difference between Stalkers physically is that the fungus is shown sprouting out of their heads for the first time. It's hard to see it in the darkness but when they grab Joel, you can see it. Personally they got the jump scare out of me when i first saw them in the hotel basement. I kinda got got scared in survivor mode since its hard to get an advantage over them. Also good job on Stalker shiv FluxDigital.

Message 4 of 14 (690 Views)
Wastelander
901 posts

Jul 27, 2013

The only area I for sure remember seeing stalkers is in the hotel basement when you need to get the card key. The stalkers appear to be far more agressive than the runners or clickers....

Message 5 of 14 (674 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Stalkers didn't get enough love in the game, which is a shame, because they for sure would have been my favorite infected. The raptor things in Dead Space truly scared the hell out of me and I was hoping the stalkers would be like that.

And they were introduced, kinda, if you remember that artefact with all the different kinds of infected listed.

Message 6 of 14 (654 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Jul 29, 2013

yea i know the artifact youre talking about...the torn handbook with the different stages of the infection

Message 7 of 14 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1407 posts

Jul 29, 2013
I agree that a heavier use of stalkers would have made the game more difficult....
Message 8 of 14 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jul 29, 2013

God they were annoying.

No matter how fast you spammed square to beat the **bleep** out of them, they always hit you first. 

Like, da fuq.

I do like the idea of them but to be honest, they seemed like the most silly archetype. 

Runners are dumb as bricks and just moan all day and then the next stage has higher intelligence, wait what?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 9 of 14 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1407 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Bashilir wrote:

God they were annoying.

No matter how fast you spammed square to beat the **bleep** out of them, they always hit you first. 

Like, da fuq.

I do like the idea of them but to be honest, they seemed like the most silly archetype. 

Runners are dumb as bricks and just moan all day and then the next stage has higher intelligence, wait what?

Bottle first then try your melee.  They they have priority in melee combat so you have to stun them somehow (they even have priority over a melee weapon).  So best combo for melee is bottle and then stick/pipe/bat or bottle and then grab and kill/punch melee.

I know when it comes to the sewers I just sit there at the beginning and wait for them to attack me....then I just shotgun them all down.

Message 10 of 14 (431 Views)