Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Re: Still no news on DLC?!!

Sep 11, 2013

MIA_Philly wrote:

i mean geez a drop date is cool and all but id much rather at least know what it will be. i paid for the season pass at launch and now people get the season pass for free. this is pure BS on NDs part. i dont care how good of a product is customer service is key at all times!

That is not true, the season pass free was a special offer for short days. And, 100% sure, not worldwide. 

"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Message 11 of 17 (547 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Sep 11, 2013

I too bought the season pass at launch, patiently waiting, feeling like I was dooped into spending $20 extra dollars for the hell of it. I am losing confidence that we will see anything. Don't get me wrong I love TLOU, played through SP 8 times so far. Just wished that Naughty Dog was not being so tight lipped at this point.

Message 12 of 17 (544 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Sep 11, 2013

You people need to learn some patience.

Message 13 of 17 (506 Views)
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Sep 12, 2013

Vikingr_ wrote:

You people need to learn some patience.

Shut up and get to the point!!

Message 14 of 17 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2013

The single player DLC should be good when it comes out but if they are working on MP DLC right now then I bet you they are stuggling to code infected into the MP. Maybe they are failing miserably at it and just trying to buy time. So they will go with their plan B (or A, who knows) and give us a bunch of bums fighting over the shopping cart mode with some new customizations and a few new weapons and all the FBs will rally to it's defense, not understanding  why a game about a virus infecting humanity in the SP should in any way be reflected in it's MP . Just watch. 

Message 15 of 17 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Sep 13, 2013

JOCKSnJAZZ wrote:

The single player DLC should be good when it comes out but if they are working on MP DLC right now then I bet you they are stuggling to code infected into the MP. Maybe they are failing miserably at it and just trying to buy time. So they will go with their plan B (or A, who knows) and give us a bunch of bums fighting over the shopping cart mode with some new customizations and a few new weapons and all the FBs will rally to it's defense, not understanding  why a game about a virus infecting humanity in the SP should in any way be reflected in it's MP . Just watch. 

This is probably somewhat true.  I do think that ND is "struggling" on developing Co-Op mode.  It's most likely the Co-Op isn't going to contain infected and I do really think that it's because of the technical limitations of the PS3.  Look at all the slow downs in animation the TLOU MP has, especially when there's molotovs and fires animated on the screen.  Can you imagine a horde mode with tons of infected running at you and how much the animation will slow down?

The SP is probably the easiest from a technical standpoint to do (guessing) but requires the most work for obvious reasons (storyline, voice acting, etc).  I'm guessing that the first piece of DLC will be maps.  Making 2-4 maps should be the easiest thing for them to implement but should not take 3 months for them to make.  

Message 16 of 17 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2013

We dont know if they are doing MP DLC or SP DLC.

We dont know if they are having technical struggles.

We dont know if they are having trouble fixing the crashes and freezes that plague this game.

We dont know it, because they tell us NOTHING!

Editor/Organizer
Message 17 of 17 (216 Views)
0 Likes