Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 16 2013
By: FUIVT0PLAY Wastelander 671 posts

Story time UPDATE New story added 25/04/2013

[ Edited ]
17 replies 627 views Edited Apr 25, 2013

The Clicker stopped for a moment. It scanned the area, and turned away. Everyone held their breath. In the field below, two Clickers rummaged in a hole for something to eat. One of them pulled out a groundhog and began pulling it apart. The other joined in and quickly devoured the poor creature. Terry looked at Jordan, head cocked, and used hand gestures to signal him to run. Jordan shook his head, and motioned for the group to stay put. A bang ran out through the field. Another, and then headlights cut through the darkness. An engine roared, and broke the silence.

"Oh **bleep**." Trevor murmered. His eyes were wide, scanning. Without light, the night seemed like a black void, nothing anywhere until it was right upon you. He pointed, at the vehicle. A small carrier, probably a beat up sports car, ate up ground fast.

A spotlight flickered, the illuminated the hill like a summer's day. The group ducked, getting as low as they could. The car sped past them spewing dirt their way. The vehicle had a makeshift gun emplacement on the roof, and the driver stopped, and the gunner opened fire, mulching the Infected into nothing more than a spaghetti like substance. The screams filled their ears, competing with the gunshots. Jordan waved his hand, and the group left the small hole. They ran down the remainder of the hill and made an all out sprint towards their camp. There would be no way the Infected or the gang would hear them while they were fighting.

"Don't stop! Keep running!" Terry yelled, gasping between breaths. He wasn't the greates, or most fit of the bunch, but he sure as hell didn't give up easily.

A coupe of minutes of minutes later, the firing ceased, and the group slowed to a jog and kneeled in the grass. They huffed and puffed, grasping for fresh air. The night was cool, and their lungs filled with the icy sting of exhaustion and cold. Trevor looked back through his scope.

"I don't see any lights now. Do you think they moved on?"

"I dunno. We should keep movng."

"No Jordan, we should wait til sunrise, it'll be safer." Terry rubbed his throat and coughed.

"Getting a cold?" Jordan asked.

"No, just had a sore throat the last couple of days. It's nothing."

"Down, get down!" Trevor laid flat, and the rest beside him. "They're coming back."

The vehicle drove slowly towards the group, spotlight moving back and fourth. They definately were searching for them. The motor stopped, and two men, heavily armed, got out and aimed.

"Stand the f*** up. And do it slowly." One of them barked.

The group gingerly got up, leaving the rifles in the long grass.

"Fork over the ammo and any supplies you've got."

Jordan reached into his pocket and pulled out a ration bar. "Here, that's it for me."

Terry handed over a couple of rifle magazines and a spare scope. Tevor gave them his map and a canteen. Michael pulled out a swithblade and a wrench.

"What about the kid. What has he got?"

Terry shot back. "He hasn't got any f***ing thing."

The driver of the car called out; "Search the kid, or shoot him."

The two men walked over to Sam, and gunbutted Jordan in the face. The other aimed his rifle at Terry, Trevor and Michael. "Don't f***ing move a muscle."

Sam almost fell back from the weight of the gun stock striking Jordan. He looked up into the shadowy figure's face. Fear gripped his face, and he started to shake. The soldiers must have been ex-military. The way they moved, what they wore. Their gear screamed Marines. Maybe they just killed them, or scavaneged some corpses. Jordan stood up, and braced himself on Trevor's shoulder. He winced as he wiped the blood from his mouth and nose. One of the soldiers unholstered his pistol and waved it menacingly.

"You do realise if I discharge this, you'll all be dead. I won't even have to shoot you, the infected will do it for me." He smiled. "Go for it. Try to reach for those rifles."

A voice from their earpiece was static and muffled.

The two guards slowly backed up to the vehicle. The driver got out and walked infront of the headlights. It cast an erie silohouette. He didn't look human standing there. In reality he looked like something straight out of hell.

"If you don't want to become plant food, I suggest you bring us all your supplies from your camp, and meet us at The Crossing. And yes, we know about your camp. I hope the children will be okay. You have forty-eight hours. It's in your best interest to deliver all the supplies." He returned to the vehicle. "And you better not think of using those rifles at your feet."

The hatch closed and the engine roared to life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

This entry is an idea, as we don't know excalty how the Infected will act. The Last of Us is all about human relationships. My idea is simple; The Infected act like Runners when they first get infected(like they should, as it's the first stage) but retain some form of humanity with the first couple of months. Like in an interview with Adam Sessler and Neil Druckmann,(I'm paraprhasing) like a cold makes you sneeze, the infection makes you attack other people, and you can't help it. This makes me belive that there are some human characteristics right away, but as the infection spreads and continues to turn the host, they lose the characteristics that made them human. They are fully aware of what is going on, and what they are doing, but they have no control over it whatsoever. And it's painful.

A bright light filled my eyes. A new location. Wait, I wasn't here when I went to sleep. I tried to get up, but a sharp pain struck my neck. I rubbed it, but it didn't help. What I wouldn't give for Advil now. I held my neck stiffly as I stood slowly. One hand on my knee, brace myself. Argh. My neck. Right at the base of my skull. I blinked rapidly, and my vision came to focus. I took a couple of steps forward, but my balance was flawed. I steadied myself, arms out to the sides, like a kid playing ariplane. One step. Good. Second step, better. It was like learning how to walk all over. Something sprayed on my face, and burned my eyes. I looked up, and an overturned gas truck was perched on an overpass, waiting to pounce like lion stalking it's prey. I wiped my face, and it felt hot. Scorching. My eyes started to burn with an intensity like no other. My hands looked funny. Somewhat purple, somewhat red. Veins seemed prominant, too. It started to feel like a fire was running through my viens, starting in my fingers, and licking at my nerves. I need some alcohal and bandages, that'll fix me up. I took a couple more steps, but couldn't keep my balance. I fell down in a mudhole, looking at the sky. I laid there for what must have been an hour when I heard a noise. I tried to lean my head back, but that pain struck my neck again. I waited, and decided not to call for help. Maybe it was someone coming to finish me off, or maybe it was an infected. Maybe who, or what it was wouldn't see me.The gang life was once a means of survival, but there were a lot of people who wanted you dead; Military, survivors, other gangs..even your own. A couple of minutes passed, and a Runner walked over to me. He looked right at me. His eyes were a bright orange. He must have become infected a few weeks ago. His skin looked almost grey, and his arms like a bark. I thought it was the end, I would surely be devoured. Instead, he reached for my hand, and pulled me to my feet. A dozen or so Runners hovered around, keeping their distance, lurking within the shadows. Their eyes creating a stark contrast against the blackness around them. The Runner stared at me, and said: " Welcome, brother."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the camp, Sal and Mariusz huddled around the fire. The group had split to get Jordan and Sam, something Mariusz was against. He was an older, gruff man, easily seventy years old, but never acted like it. The few children with them huddled together behind an overturned car.

"Maruisz," Sal asked, under his breath. "Maybe we should radio them, see if they're okay?"

"No. If they are out there, let them burn for their mistakes. I told them not to go off on resuce missions this late."

"You're one cold sum-**bleep**, you know that?"

"It's how you survive out here. It always comes down to you and you alone. Don't trust anybody, and never expose your backside." Mariusz reached into his rucksack. He removed a small object and gingerly unwrapped it. He broke a piece off and handed it to Sal. "Here. A piece of the Old World. It's the last one I've found, so savor it."

"Holy **bleep**. A chocolate bar. I never thought I'd smell that again, or taste it!" Sal lobbed the tiny piece into his mouth and chewed enthusiastically. "Mmmm. Nothing better. Aren't you going to eat your half?"

Maruisz shook his head. " No. I'm saving it for the kids. They've never known the taste of chocolate before. How cold am I now, Sal?"

They both laughed. It was never the big moments that stuck with you. The plague had ravaged the planet, and took away everything that they had, so they kept the little things. The moments to laugh, or get a full nights sleep. Toilet paper. The things everyone took for granted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's just say Ellie is infected, and Joel is supposed to be bringing her to  Lab of sorts, maybe thats not the case. Maybe Joel has done this before, where if someone gets infected within the quarantine, he brings them far away so they can't hurt others. Maybe Ellie doesn't show signs of turning and Joel is skeptical, but when, or if it does happen, it hurts Joel so much because Ellie reminded him of his daughter, and they created a bond while travelling together.                                                             

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Last of Us

Jordan strolled around, not payin much attention to anything. In a time before, he lived in Canada, far from anyone here. When the pandemic struck, he lost everything very fast. A tough choice, he left his band of survivors to roam free in search of new colonies or groups that he could unite or help. His goal was simple, to stay alive long enough to see if there was anyone else out there, anyone at all.

The quarantine zones were a lot different than he thought. The military were a cruel and cold bunch, not the stark contrast from the gangs that most wanderers though. Along his travels he came across a young couple, in their twenties. The young girl was pregnant, and almost due. Her husband had taken her out of their quarantine zone in search of a new place to live when it was overrun from infected. He brought them as far as Ontario, Canada before they split. A small group took them in in an old bombed out shopping center.

Jordan grinned. He remembered when the days long ago were filled with children playing in the streets, towns bustling and people being generally happy. The sun felt warm on his back. It's rays cast long shadows on the ground. Fall was ending rapidly. The first snow would be upon them within weeks, and would make living outside a hell like no other. LIttle food and much less water in the winter months, with no heat. But less active gangs, too.

He wandered along a dirt path for a while, until he realized he had gone too far. It was not ordinary for anyone, especially someone alone to walk the paths at this hour. The sun was setting and it was almost an hour back to the camp. As he turned to walk back, he saw a shadowy figure in the foilage. It startled him, so he half ran a couple of meters, and looked over his shoulder. A quick glance was all he needed. Runners.

They had been following him. Although none had been this close to the camps in a long time. Something was changing. Maybe they were desperate.  Maybe they just got smarter. Whatever the case, Jordan knew he had little time to act. Out running one was no easy task, but a pride, that was suicide. Only the unwary, or the stupid, died that way. Their moans sent chills up his spine, almost freezing him in place. He reached for his flare gun and ran.

The Runners kept on chasing, gaining ground with each step. Jordan fired his flare and counted the seconds until it burst. Surely someone from the camp would see it. The sun had almost set, but it`s light still flickered, making it hard to see the flare.

"C'mon. Someone see the **bleep** thing." He gasped for air. It was a long time since he had this much exercise. It wasn't everyday you could get a workout anymore.

He looked back again, but this time, there were a dozen runners, and they were close.

"**bleep**." He pushed himself harder, remembering how he used to. "Rraagh!" Jordan started to make ground, and noticed something up ahead. A body, a small body. A child's body. One of them must have follwed him out.

As he got closer, it looked like Sam. He was only eight, but already had he demonstrated the desire to flourish in this world. "Sam! Sam, run!" Jordan yelled.  Sam looked up with a fear in his eyes that Jordan had not seen for a lifetime. Never had he witnessed something quite like the Infected before, let alone a dozen human like monsters chasing someone down for a snack.  Sam stood up, frozen in fear. Jordan was about a hundred meters away when he heard a gunshot, then two, then three. The regular hunters from the camp ran up the hill, aimed, and fired again. Most times, that would have sent Runners feeling, but not this time. This time it was different.

Jordan ran and scooped Sam up. The hunters covered them while Jordan navigated the steep terrain behind the slope. It was mostly rock and dirt, but occasionally there was an old sign, or a door. Something that Jordan hated seeing more than bodies. It was a terrible memory from a distant time when no one had to worry about being turned into monsters, like something from a nightmare.

After what seemed like an hour, the firing had stopped. There was still a ways to go before camp was in sight, and the sky had finally darkened.

"Jordan, what the hell are you doing out here? You know you ain't suppose to be."

"Sorry, Trevor, I didn't mean to. It's just been really rough these last couple of days."

Trevor grasped Jordan's shoulder. "I know, it has been for all of us."

"Guys, heads down, quiet." Terry sat perched on a small ledge, rifle in hand, motioned for the group to get down. "There's some movement out there. Looks like a couple of Clickers."

Sam started to cry. Jordan put his hand over his mouth. "Shhh. Not a word little buddy. We'll all be home soon. Don't you worry. "

"Someone shut that kid up. I don't feel like being Clicker food." Terry whispered. He gave Jordan that look that said he was borderline psychopathic, waiting for a little thing to make him snap and go on a killing spree.

Above them, a Clicker stood listening. The gunshots must have peaked their attention. Trevor looked at Jordan and motioned up, putting his finger to his lips. Terry looked back, slowly turning as to not make a sound. He crawled beside Terry and Michael. It was a waiting game now. They either made a run for it, or would become the Infected when they swarmed the hill. Almost an hour away from camp, these were not options any of them liked.

---------------------------Older entries---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNdojh2mvrc

The crunch of debris and stone echoed off the walls. Up ahead, The Bastion, the haven for any survivors not wanting military control over their survival. Joel exhaled, grabbed his rucksack strap, and motioned Ellie to follow him. The way down to the street was a delicate maze of crumbling building, decayed vegetation and bodies.

"Joel," Ellie whispered. "Are you going to stay with me when we get there?"

Joel's face hardened. "I...I can't, Ellie. I have to go back to Boston."

"Why? What's left there, other than those **bleep** who tried to kill us?"

Joel ceased to tense up. His shoulders slackened and he hung his head low. "C'mon, Ellie. Just follow me."

They pair made their way down to a defilade of a once quaint coffee shop. The roof had collapsed long ago and whatever it once had been was lost to time. Joel peered through a shattered window. The pitter patter of rain slowly rose over the area. The sky darkened and the wind became a cool whip across their faces.

"Great." Joel murmured.

"It's just rain, Joel. It feels so nice, too." Ellie stood up and let the drops collect into a canteen.

"The road is gonna be mud now." He let out an aggravated growl. "It ain't gonna be easy to walk up to the front door. Why don't we just wait it out here?"

"I'm fine with that. I'm tired anyway." Ellie dropped her rucksack on the floor and removed her sleeping bag.

Joel grabbed a couple of tables and moved them by Ellie. "This'll keep you dry. Try and get some sleep. I'll keep watch." He smiled at her as best he could.

Ellie could see something was troubling him, or hurting him. She smiled back. "Thanks, Joel." She closed her eyes.

Joel sat up, back against the wall watching her. He buried his face into his heads and began to sob.

When Ellie woke up, Joel wasn't to be seen. She stretched.

"Joel? Joel where are you?" Ellie began to panic. Not once since they've been together had he not called back if he wasn't around. She walked over to the entrance. The room had broken off from the main floor and constant shifting had made it rise half a story.

Thud.

Ellie jumped and turned around. Joel was standing there, sweating heavily and looked in severe pain.

"C' mon...ugh..Ellie." He winced. "Leave everything here. We need to get to The Bastion."

"Joel, what happened?"

"Move, Ellie! Urgh. Now!"

He pushed Ellie out of the doorway, and he jumped down after her. The Bastion was only a couple hundred feet away. Armed guards patrolled the entrances and along the walls.

Ellie and Joel made an all out sprint for the colossal iron doors that separated The Bastion from the rest of the world. Closer and closer they came, faster and faster they ran. Finally, it would be over. No more running, no more, hiding, just living.

Bang.

Ellie went flying into the air and landed abruptly a couple of feet forward. Joel stopped dead in his tracks.

"Ellie! Ellie!" He roared.

Another shot rang out.

Bmph. Blood spurted from Joel's shoulder. "Mph."

He turned around and opened fire.

Bang.

Bang.

Bang.

"You **bleep**!" He looked back. Ellie was trying to stand. "No, no."

He ran towards her and scooped her up into his arms. The pain was excruciating. His arm felt like it was going to fall off.

"Help! Help, me!" Joel screamed.

The guards opened the gate and several soldiers ran out to get Joel and Ellie.

Bang.

Joel felt something hard and cold it his lower back, and he fell. Ellie rolled out of his arms.

He blacked out.

When Joel opened his eyes, he didn't know where he was. The smell was different. Sanitary. The walls where he was were clean, bright and intact. His clothes were different. Soft, fresh, comfortable. He tried to sit up, but a sharp pain shot through his legs.

"Joel, Joel! you're awake!" Ellie ran to his side. She looked older, not like Ellie he knew. "Joel, we did it. We made it. Finally, we're safe." She hugged him.

Joel hugged her back. "Oh, Ellie. I'm so sorry."

Ellie looked surprised. "Sorry for what?"

"For letting that happen to you." Joel started to well up. "I'm sorry I put you through all that."

Tears were streaming down Ellie's face. "It's okay, Joel. Everything's okay now."

"Where are we, by the way?"

"The Bastion. You've been out for some time. The doctor said you were in a coma, and he didn't know if you would make it."

"How'd you survive? I saw you get shot?"

"You saved me, Joel. You saved me just like you always do." Ellie hugged him again.

Joel hugged back. "I'll never let anything bad happen to you. I promise."

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (627 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1630 posts

Re: Story time

Apr 16, 2013
Do I want it? Yes. Do I hope it it will happen? You bet. Do I need this? Yes! Hell yes!
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (603 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Apr 16, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:
Do I want it? Yes. Do I hope it it will happen? You bet. Do I need this? Yes! Hell yes!

Thanks Keiran. It's Turbo Penguin!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (599 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Apr 16, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

Ah, we have a question-talker!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (588 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

*Joel slams his fist down on a table..after getting beaten up by gangsta Tess...then Bill walks into the room*

Bill > "Hey man, let me guess...Tess kicked yo a** again?"

Joel> "Yeah, how ya guess?"

Bill> "Well, I figure the screams saying, "please Tish don't hit me again, kind of gave it away. *laughs*

*Joel frowns*

Bill> "Hey Joel, don't be like that. Here, this will help ease your mind. *pulls out a joint*

Joel> "Bill, where you find that? If we get caught with that, we're both gonna be executed."

Bill> "I won't tell, if you won't. Here take a puff. *both men blaze on the joint...then Ellie enters the room*

Ellie> "What the f**ck you two b**ches doing? And what's that aweful smell?"

Bill>"Gone back to bed kid, this is grownfolks business!"

Ellie>"Shut yo fatas* up and let me take a hit of that sh*t! *ellie stanches the joint from bill and takes a puff, and imediately starts coughing*

Ellie> "What kind of godd*mn inferior bulls*it is this? I smoke far better sh*t during school recess! Where you get this?"

Bill> "From area 14. Why you ask?"

Joel>"Bill you idiot! Area 14 is quarantined off zone due to infection!" *joel grabs what's left of the joint and tears it open to see, green mushroom-like pollets mixed up with the marijuana dried leaves."

*Joel, Bill, and Ellie started coughing and puking on the ground....two days later, the cordycep fungus had ravished our three heroes....The End.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (535 Views)
Fender Bender
2520 posts

Apr 17, 2013

That was awesome. Love these fan stories.

your sig kind of confused me at first though. They hug and then, click click. Boom. lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (531 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Apr 17, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

your sig kind of confused me at first though. They hug and then, click click. Boom. lol.

Haha it's supposed to be from The Hives, tick tick boom.

I'm glad you like it though. I was hoping I'd get more replies to it. I really enjoy writing. Maybe I'll do a short story once or twice a week until The Last of Us is released. Yeah, I think I'll do that.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2520 posts

Apr 17, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

dh0rmazine wrote:

I'm glad you like it though. I was hoping I'd get more replies to it. I really enjoy writing. Maybe I'll do a short story once or twice a week until The Last of Us is released. Yeah, I think I'll do that.

Looking forward to it!

These fan fics, cosplays, art and vids are really helping pass the time until release!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Apr 17, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

dh0rmazine wrote:

Looking forward to it!

These fan fics, cosplays, art and vids are really helping pass the time until release!

Well, I've got another one. It is still Tuesday, so it's the beginning of the week, and one for friday the end of the week. Or Saturday.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

loakum wrote:

*Joel slams his fist down on a table..after getting beaten up by gangsta Tess...then Bill walks into the room*

Bill > "Hey man, let me guess...Tess kicked yo a** again?"

Joel> "Yeah, how ya guess?"

Bill> "Well, I figure the screams saying, "please Tish don't hit me again, kind of gave it away. *laughs*

*Joel frowns*

Bill> "Hey Joel, don't be like that. Here, this will help ease your mind. *pulls out a joint*

Joel> "Bill, where you find that? If we get caught with that, we're both gonna be executed."

Bill> "I won't tell, if you won't. Here take a puff. *both men blaze on the joint...then Ellie enters the room*

Ellie> "What the f**ck you two b**ches doing? And what's that aweful smell?"

Bill>"Gone back to bed kid, this is grownfolks business!"

Ellie>"Shut yo fatas* up and let me take a hit of that sh*t! *ellie stanches the joint from bill and takes a puff, and imediately starts coughing*

Ellie> "What kind of godd*mn inferior bulls*it is this? I smoke far better sh*t during school recess! Where you get this?"

Bill> "From area 14. Why you ask?"

Joel>"Bill you idiot! Area 14 is quarantined off zone due to infection!" *joel grabs what's left of the joint and tears it open to see, green mushroom-like pollets mixed up with the marijuana dried leaves."

*Joel, Bill, and Ellie started coughing and puking on the ground....two days later, the cordycep fungus had ravished our three heroes....The End.

*...a low rider rides slowly through the barren deserted streets. music can be heard very louldly..the song, "Pistol Grip Pump" by volume 10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jstb6yvIKNg can be heard blasting out the bose speakers. 

It's Tess in the driver's seat, as she pulls to a stop. She got a tip it was a band of 5 survivers here who sold Bill some cordycep infected weed, that infected Joel, Ellie, and Bill....she had to kill all 3 of her friends.

Tess is ready to ride up and get revenge on these fools, for doing the deed.*

*Tess cocks and loads her double glots..she's ready to make her move...*

Tess > "Hey fool! Break yo-self!"  *she put fo slugs in the poor bast*rds temple, before he even had a chance to respond* 

*the other 4 men run in a panic..but Tess easily shoots down three of them . She hits the forth man in his leg, and she drops her glot..and walks over her wounded crawling foe..*

Tess > "Riverside mothaf*cka!"

*tess pulls out a nickle plated 45 and blasts the guys face clear off.  Tess then pulls out a cigarette, and takes a puff...she then re-enters her low-rider, and drive off.*  The End.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (429 Views)
0 Likes