Apr 18 2013
By: luigi1002 Hekseville Citizen 258 posts

Subway

11 replies 320 views Edited Apr 18, 2013

Remember the Subway commercials and ads for U3 back in 2011? Just imagine what it would be for the Last Of Us.

Ellie-"Joel, what is this place?"

Joel-"The only place where you could get a good d*** sammich."

Ellie-"But it looks barely messed up by nature."

Joel-"Duh, each Subway is made out of adamantium and the ivory of Wolly Mammoths in order to assure public safety while you eat your d*** sammich."

Last Of Us GOTY
Message 1 of 12 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11752 posts

Re: Subway

Apr 18, 2013

I don't imagine an advertisement campaign would ever run using a prolonged conversation between the two main characters of the game like so. Most likely the commercial would involve action between Joel and his attackers, and maybe Ellie helping out. Then you'd probably hear a voice over saying something to the effect of...

"Don't miss out! Get to your Subway today being amongst the surviving members of the human race who will score the ultimate prize pack!"

Message 2 of 12 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Apr 18, 2013
Don't think this game is aiming for comedy....
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 3 of 12 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

Joel, and Ellie are fighting behind a barrier, we hear a plane go across the sky, the camera pans up, it's in a ball of flame!

The camera pans back down to Joel, "All this fighting makes me **bleep** hungry!"

The Camera focuses on a nearby window Drake comes bursting through the window and yells, "Here ya go!" tossing the sandwhich, and drink at Joel. The camera centres back on Joel "Get your limited edition The Last of Us cups at your nearest subway, while supplies last!"

and then yada yada yada it goes through the basic subway stuff, and ends with, obviously, Subway, Eat Fresh.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 4 of 12 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Apr 19, 2013

The world can be thankful that none of you work in marketing.

Message 5 of 12 (207 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Apr 19, 2013

calcunnon wrote:

I'm patiently awaiting you're greatest attempt at a subway commercial Smiley Happy

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 6 of 12 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3587 posts

Apr 19, 2013

calcunnon wrote:

actually the opposite, I wish you all would work in marketing so that those kids would eat less fast food because they don't get attracted to it by crappy commercials Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 12 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Apr 20, 2013

So like there's this mean cigar guy who like wants to like do stuff to ellie like the call me daddy game but Joel's like touch her and I'll kill you.

The mean cigar guy is like oh em gee I'm liek el oh el cuz you got nuthin to do it with

But Joel's like oh yeah I got my buds from Subway

So Nathan Drake, Michael Phelps, and Jared all pop up and beat up the mean cigar guy and cut him up before serving him to Joel and Ellie on an Italian Herbs & Cheese footlong toasted with mayo & jalapenos.

Joel takes a big bite of the mean cigar guy sandwich and he's like

"Now that's what I call kill-I mean eatin' fresh!"

Cue advertising Subway Taste for Survival contest stuff.

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 8 of 12 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Apr 20, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

So like there's this mean cigar guy who like wants to like do stuff to ellie like the call me daddy game but Joel's like touch her and I'll kill you.

The mean cigar guy is like oh em gee I'm liek el oh el cuz you got nuthin to do it with

But Joel's like oh yeah I got my buds from Subway

So Nathan Drake, Michael Phelps, and Jared all pop up and beat up the mean cigar guy and cut him up before serving him to Joel and Ellie on an Italian Herbs & Cheese footlong toasted with mayo & jalapenos.

Joel takes a big bite of the mean cigar guy sandwich and he's like

"Now that's what I call kill-I mean eatin' fresh!"

Cue advertising Subway Taste for Survival contest stuff.

Love how you made mean cigar guy talk.

So here it goes;

Open scene shows a subway restaurant. Inside is Joel and Ellie ordering a sub. They sit down and go to take a big bite, when Joel looks up and says, " What? Fighting makes you hungry."

It shows limited edition The Last of Us goodies(cups or whatever) and then it shows the yellow subway eat fresh logo, but Ellie walks up, says "Subway. Eat fresh!" then we hear click click click click and Joel runs across the screen taking Ellie with him.

Message 9 of 12 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Apr 20, 2013

I actually would want another Subway (or any other ff chain, but i prefer subway) promotion. Im very curious to see how terrible (or great) the commercial will turn out. Will probably help boosting this games sales too if done right.

+============================================================+
Message 10 of 12 (124 Views)
0 Likes