Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/11/2010
Offline
4078 posts
 

Re: Suggestion For Guns

Jun 9, 2012

i agree, or maybe have this on hard mode only

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 10 of 49 (218 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 05/04/2010
Offline
2480 posts
 

Re: Suggestion For Guns

Jun 9, 2012

Agreed 100%. You should change the title to "Don't show how many bullets we have" so Naughty Dog can see it just by looking at the title

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 11 of 49 (218 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 05/04/2010
Offline
2480 posts
 

Re: Suggestion For Guns

Jun 10, 2012

Come on people, this needs likes, ratings, and replies!

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 12 of 49 (218 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/24/2011
Offline
4263 posts
 

Re: Suggestion For Guns

Jun 10, 2012

Supported.

You might need to change the title for more attention and certain focus.

Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Message 13 of 49 (218 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 09/13/2007
Online
4223 posts
 

Re: Suggestion For Guns *No Ammo Count on HUD + Full Clips*

Jun 10, 2012

I agree with this. You could also say the same thing about the lifebar/med-packs.

What I loved about "Resident Evil" back in '96, is you needed to pause and look at your health in the inventory screen. Otherwise, the only way you knew if you were almost dead was by the way Chris/Jill would walk.

This too would be pretty awesome to have in TLOU. Have Joel be slower/show he is hurt to let us know our life is low.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."


Message 15 of 49 (218 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/11/2010
Offline
4078 posts
 

Re: Suggestion For Guns *No Ammo Count on HUD + Full Clips*

Jun 10, 2012

could someone get me a high res picture of Joel looking at his gun(if there is one)

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 16 of 49 (216 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 05/30/2011
Offline
1563 posts
 

Re: Suggestion For Guns *No Ammo Count on HUD + Full Clips*

Jun 10, 2012

While I like the idea, I think it should stay the way it is. The whole purpose of letting the enemy know you are out of ammo was so he could pop out from cover and kill Joel. This leads to Ellie's assisting so you can take down the enemy. Besides, if I'm in the middle of a major gun fight, the last thing I would want is to find out I'm out of ammo, unexpectedly.

[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 17 of 49 (216 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/11/2010
Offline
4078 posts
 

Re: Suggestion For Guns *No Ammo Count on HUD + Full Clips*

Jun 10, 2012

MikeBoyz3569 wrote:

While I like the idea, I think it should stay the way it is. The whole purpose of letting the enemy know you are out of ammo was so he could pop out from cover and kill Joel. This leads to Ellie's assisting so you can take down the enemy. Besides, if I'm in the middle of a major gun fight, the last thing I would want is to find out I'm out of ammo, unexpectedly.

My password is my username -_-

Lets face the facts if you know you have no ammo, you are never going to try and shot someone. They showed that to show: one, the emotion and power of the AI, and to show that ellie will react when she needs to. It was not to make him get out of cover and if you had a bullet you could have shoot him.

Having the hud removed would make you think before your battles, and worry about ammo, medic supplies, ext..

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 18 of 49 (216 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 05/30/2011
Offline
1563 posts
 

Re: Suggestion For Guns *No Ammo Count on HUD + Full Clips*

Jun 11, 2012

iceyfire54312 wrote:

MikeBoyz3569 wrote:

While I like the idea, I think it should stay the way it is. The whole purpose of letting the enemy know you are out of ammo was so he could pop out from cover and kill Joel. This leads to Ellie's assisting so you can take down the enemy. Besides, if I'm in the middle of a major gun fight, the last thing I would want is to find out I'm out of ammo, unexpectedly.

My password is my username -_-

Lets face the facts if you know you have no ammo, you are never going to try and shot someone. They showed that to show: one, the emotion and power of the AI, and to show that ellie will react when she needs to. It was not to make him get out of cover and if you had a bullet you could have shoot him.

Having the hud removed would make you think before your battles, and worry about ammo, medic supplies, ext..

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube

I know that wasn't the purpose for the demo, just in how you would play the game out in general.

What your thinking while playing a gunfight scene: "I'm out of ammo, so I'm going to try to shoot the enemy to lure him in and then Ellie can come in to help me. This would give me a chance to beat him down".

I like the idea for removing the HUD, just have different view of it. Like the idea for this only being on the hardest difficulty there is. It would make you feel like a real survivor.

[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 19 of 49 (216 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/11/2010
Offline
4078 posts
 

Re: Suggestion For Guns *No Ammo Count on HUD + Full Clips*

Jun 11, 2012

MikeBoyz3569 wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

MikeBoyz3569 wrote:

While I like the idea, I think it should stay the way it is. The whole purpose of letting the enemy know you are out of ammo was so he could pop out from cover and kill Joel. This leads to Ellie's assisting so you can take down the enemy. Besides, if I'm in the middle of a major gun fight, the last thing I would want is to find out I'm out of ammo, unexpectedly.

My password is my username -_-

Lets face the facts if you know you have no ammo, you are never going to try and shot someone. They showed that to show: one, the emotion and power of the AI, and to show that ellie will react when she needs to. It was not to make him get out of cover and if you had a bullet you could have shoot him.

Having the hud removed would make you think before your battles, and worry about ammo, medic supplies, ext..

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube

I know that wasn't the purpose for the demo, just in how you would play the game out in general.

What your thinking while playing a gunfight scene: "I'm out of ammo, so I'm going to try to shoot the enemy to lure him in and then Ellie can come in to help me. This would give me a chance to beat him down".

I like the idea for removing the HUD, just have different view of it. Like the idea for this only being on the hardest difficulty there is. It would make you feel like a real survivor.

My password is my username :smileyhappy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyhappy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyhappy: -_-

i see where you going with that , but that one guy did not know about ellie and thought it was only joel, i'm sure if they know about ellie's presence it will play out differently.

I wouldn't mind it the hud begging their for easy mode, but normal and up should have it gone. I'm sick of games having everything so easy. Recently iv been renting all the old games (PoP,tomb raider, MGS) and while playing some of them, i realized "holy **** these games are hard." After, i compared it to uncharted, killzone , AC and i realized how easy they all were. Games today are way to easy to beat, even are the hardest setting, and that needs to change, i want this game to be a true challenge, even on normal.

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 20 of 49 (216 Views)
Reply
0 Likes