Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2480 posts

Re: Suggestion For Guns *No Ammo Count on HUD + Full Clips*

Dec 4, 2012

Bumping this thread since it is indeed a thing that needs to be adressed

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 49 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Bumping it again, since I think it can bring more discussion value to this forum and this thread goes more in-depth than the other with the same subject (so mods, if you're doing anything, un-bump the other one)

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 49 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Apr 7, 2013

I already posted this on the other ammo count thread but this one seems like it gets more traffic and I think its a cool idea. After the animation where Joel checks his ammo, instead of the count showing up on the screen I think it would be cool if Joel told himself how much he had left. I think it could really raise the intensity and realism if you hear him say it. It would also make sense because sounds are such a big part of the game now. Of course, the way Joel says the ammo count would have to change depending on what situation he is, from a calm quiet whisper to a more desperate voice and alot more. This would probably be a challenge to implement this far into the game but I can hope.

It would be like The King Kong game if anyone remembers that. 

Skip to around 3:43 to see the example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph1VdxSx7r4

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 49 (198 Views)
Wastelander
604 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

Man this game would be flawless if this mechanic was implemented. Of course, reserve it for the higher difficulties. The animation shouldn't require Joel to be standing and away from cover though that's for sure. I forget the animation technique but it divides the activity of his limbs so they can function seperately without interfering with one another, similar to when his arm brushes a wall if he moves against it or Drake's legs move to suit the postion of the ground beneath him.

I'd like a "no HUD" feature, but for a game like this the health bar is kinda important. Sure we get blood on the screen but it's not progressive to a black and white screen or increased amount of blood. Having this lack of HUD would cause some pretty unfair death sequences because Joel looks perfectly fine but in game he could have the equivelant of missing a vital organ and such.

The only problem being with making suggestions such as this at this point in time is the fact that ND might be done with the campaign, and unlikely to be soaking up what we have to say on the forums. It'll be a mighty shame if they don't put this in, it certainly suits the gaming genre it's attempting to achieve.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 49 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Apr 8, 2013
I posted this on the other thread...but I'll post it here as well:

TAKE THE AMMO COUNT OFF THE **bleep** HUD!

Please
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 49 (138 Views)
Wastelander
766 posts

Apr 8, 2013
I say..leave the ammo count and HUD in the game, because I just love being a combo-breaker. *walks away with a manly strut*

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 49 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Apr 8, 2013

On a different, however related subject... would you guys want to drop the remaining ammo when you reload a gun? This is used in Black (a late PS2 shooter). In Black, you actually loose the ammo for good. In TLOU, they could make it so the ammo is dropped and could be picked later. This would only make sense if picking ammo would require an specific animation for it, obviously. If we could pick it by walking by it, then the ammo would be dropped and instantly picked.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 49 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Apr 8, 2013
One way I think it could work would be that it would only show ammo if you fire the gun. Not when you aim it, but when you fire it. So when you fire it, it shows you the ammo count for a few seconds. Then, once you put down the gun the ammo count goes away. This way, it is part of the hud, but at the same time you don't really know how much ammo you have unless you fire your gun. I think this could work for both sides of the debate.
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 49 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Solid_Altair wrote:

On a different, however related subject... would you guys want to drop the remaining ammo when you reload a gun? This is used in Black (a late PS2 shooter). In Black, you actually loose the ammo for good. In TLOU, they could make it so the ammo is dropped and could be picked later. This would only make sense if picking ammo would require an specific animation for it, obviously. If we could pick it by walking by it, then the ammo would be dropped and instantly picked.

I have obsessive reload disorder so games with this feature really destroy me. But it would be a more realistic touch to ammo.

On another note, it would be cool if we had to find and re-use mags.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 49 (78 Views)
0 Likes