Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 19 2013
By: sinta0531 Hekseville Citizen 363 posts

Survivor difficulty?

[ Edited ]
25 replies 998 views Edited Jul 20, 2013

I have decided not to do the glitch. Your thoughts/tips for that difficulty before i get into it? Most difficult part?

+============================================================+
Message 1 of 26 (998 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Re: Survivor difficulty?

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2013

Survivor difficulty is awsome! I think it's the most fun honestly. My best piece of advice would be to collect and not craft - you never know what you're going to need until the situation is smacking you in the face. Medic kits are plentiful as the game will give them to you throughout, so focus more on offensive strategies and stealth by whenever you can to save ammo.

I've been working on survival mode strategy guide videos for what I felt were the most difficult parts, they may come in handy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fantosonium

Message 2 of 26 (992 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Jul 19, 2013
Save your shivs for shiv doors. Don't waste them on clickers. Use brick & bottles = bff's. Save ammo as much as you can. And if you can manage to stealth, do it.

Most importantly.........have fun!
Message 3 of 26 (988 Views)
Sackboy
564 posts

Jul 19, 2013

Look around the corners before going... learned that the hard way.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 4 of 26 (984 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1407 posts

Jul 19, 2013
LOL i do like bricks alot......

Also become a master of the melee. I now melee punch clickers when I dont have a brick to take em out with.
Message 5 of 26 (975 Views)
Sackboy
364 posts

Jul 19, 2013

Survivor difficulty is Easy in my opinion.

Signature Size for Contest July TLOU photo FINALSARAH_zpse2590fe2.jpg
Message 6 of 26 (962 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2013

25% in 2 hours lol. Pittsburgh is going to be a pain though. The human encounters seems a lot easier than the clicker one. Thanks for the tips:robothappy: keep em coming I'm gonna need it lol

+============================================================+
Message 7 of 26 (914 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jul 19, 2013

I loved the survivor difficulty.  Just got finished beating survivor +.  For me, the hardest part was when I was playing as Ellie and I first met David.  The shootouts against the infected were difficult for me because I barely had enough ammo and had to keep picking it up.  While I was relo0ading after running around picking up the ammo I would get attached and you don't have a med kit (there isn't one in that locker in the corner either).  The most fun/intense part was when I was in the museum and got separated from Tess and Ellie.  Stealthing thorugh all those clickers without listen mode was nice.

Message 8 of 26 (907 Views)
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jul 20, 2013

kevalf wrote:

I loved the survivor difficulty.  Just got finished beating survivor +.  For me, the hardest part was when I was playing as Ellie and I first met David.  The shootouts against the infected were difficult for me because I barely had enough ammo and had to keep picking it up.  While I was relo0ading after running around picking up the ammo I would get attached and you don't have a med kit (there isn't one in that locker in the corner either).  The most fun/intense part was when I was in the museum and got separated from Tess and Ellie.  Stealthing thorugh all those clickers without listen mode was nice.

Oh dear, I remember playing that part, good times...

My hardest/frustrating part would be the part on Tommy's Dam*SPOILER*right after the generator part when they get the power going. I only had 2 chunks of health and I died so many times.. 

I ended up having to let the survivors at the Dam kill mostly everyone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 9 of 26 (881 Views)
Wastelander
595 posts

Jul 20, 2013

guns should be a last resort.  Try to take enemies/infected out quietly.  If you can, throw a brick and wack em.  When you have to shoot, like Joel says, make every shot count, because you won't get a lot of ammo. Tho I have to say, on my hard and survivor playthroughs, Ellie would give me ammo when I was out.  Or I'd get ammo from fallen enemies when I didn't have any ammo.  So it's no impossible.  Just be patient, move very slowly/quietly, and save your bullets until you absolutely need them.

Message 10 of 26 (869 Views)