Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Re: TLOS may be delayed..(updated)

Feb 14, 2013
The Jak and Daxter games were actually a bit longer than Uncharted; or at least when I played them.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 71 of 104 (367 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013
Message 72 of 104 (345 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:
@tap- actually, they mad a blog post on how this is the longest game they've done

Considering the fact that all Uncharted games can be finished in less than 10 hours, yeah, this game might be be a bit longer (12-15 hours at most). Don't expect a 30-hour franchise or else you will likely be disappointed.

I guess that's the trade off of making a cinematic game... you cannot have the duration of Skyrim and cinematic moments like in Uncharted.

But aren't the Jack and Daxter Games 20 hours long? Because on PlayStation Blog they wrote that The Last Of Us is the longest game Naughty Dog has ever made.

Message 73 of 104 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Feb 14, 2013

joelio13 wrote:
The Jak and Daxter games were actually a bit longer than Uncharted; or at least when I played them.

Yup, Jak&Daxter games had the perfect duration. Uncharted on the other hand always felt really short for me.

Message 74 of 104 (303 Views)
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Damnit, and I had requested that week in May off from work too! Now I gotta come up with a BS excuse to tell my boss I don 't want to take my vacation in May and I want it in June. I feel like they should gives us more gameplay videos or a MP trailer for the fact they pushed back the date to June. That seems like a way to say sorry to me. 

Message 75 of 104 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Feb 14, 2013

EDSTA713 wrote:

Damnit, and I had requested that week in May off from work too! Now I gotta come up with a BS excuse to tell my boss I don 't want to take my vacation in May and I want it in June. I feel like they should gives us more gameplay videos or a MP trailer for the fact they pushed back the date to June. That seems like a way to say sorry to me. 

Some info on the MP would be more than welcome, as for the SP I think we've had enough information about that I want to keep as many surprises as possible story-wise.

Message 76 of 104 (291 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Will any of you be getting Tomb Raider? The multiplayer there could tide us over, although it looks a bit Unchartedy (I'm not a fan of Uncharted's multiplayer). Hopefully it'll be better than U3's competitive.
Message 77 of 104 (283 Views)
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Feb 14, 2013

calcunnon wrote:
Will any of you be getting Tomb Raider? The multiplayer there could tide us over, although it looks a bit Unchartedy (I'm not a fan of Uncharted's multiplayer). Hopefully it'll be better than U3's competitive.

The animations looked incredibly clunky in MP and overall it doesn't look interesting enough to buy in my opinion. I guess I'll just stick to Uncharted 3 MP.

Message 78 of 104 (273 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Ugh. I hate how noob-friendly Uncharted is. Looking at TR's multiplayer just now, it looks even MORE noob friendly.

Guess I'll just have to stick to enjoying some Single Player games until TLoU.
Message 79 of 104 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Feb 14, 2013

calcunnon wrote:
Ugh. I hate how noob-friendly Uncharted is. Looking at TR's multiplayer just now, it looks even MORE noob friendly.

Guess I'll just have to stick to enjoying some Single Player games until TLoU.

Gaming sure got more casual-friendly this gen. I miss the challenging platformers from the PS1 and 2 era. Smiley Indifferent

Message 80 of 104 (228 Views)