Sackboy
469 posts

Re: TLOU 4 Hour In - IMPRESSION

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

You don't care about the underlying technology, but you want to have an "informed" opinion. Seems legit.

I never said I was informed, I said what i've seen with my own eyes (i've played both games countless times)...

And like I said maybe the level design is fooling me.

---
PSN: Chaystic

add me.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 111 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13042 posts

May 29, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Not as pretty as Uncharted 3?...

Man the characters don't look that bad.. Maybe I'm blind but it looks vastly superior to Uncharted 3 graphically?

I wouldn't be surprised. I've heard from many reviewers that it has jaggies (UC3 has zero jaggies thanks to MLAA) and worse textures in some areas.

The "open-world" excuse is pretty weak, since the game is still linear. ND would never make a true open-world game for many reasons.

UC3 SP (not MP) is and will remain the pinnacle of the PS3 when it comes to graphics.

For some reason I didn't find it to blow me away at all.

I\d still have to go with Heavy Rain graphically. Still didn't like the screen tearing though.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 111 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
469 posts

May 29, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Man the characters don't look that bad.. Maybe I'm blind but it looks vastly superior to Uncharted 3 graphically?

I wouldn't be surprised. I've heard from many reviewers that it has jaggies (UC3 has zero jaggies thanks to MLAA) and worse textures in some areas.

The "open-world" excuse is pretty weak, since the game is still linear. ND would never make a true open-world game for many reasons.

UC3 SP (not MP) is and will remain the pinnacle of the PS3 when it comes to graphics.

I\d still have to go with Heavy Rain graphically. Still didn't like the screen tearing though.

In HR I often notice this grainy effect, it's kinda annoying.

---

add me.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 111 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

May 29, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Heavy Rain is pretty good too, although it has a different art direction.

From a technical perspective though they have accomplished a lot more with UC3. For example, no other game has a real-time simulated ocean. Not even PC games. Programming those physics is not an easy task.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 111 (378 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13042 posts

May 29, 2013

chaystic wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I always notice a massive line going across my screen a lot...

All they have to do is fix that for Beyond and I'll be screaming from the rooftops about how awesome it is.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 111 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
469 posts

May 29, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

chaystic wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

All they have to do is fix that for Beyond and I'll be screaming from the rooftops about how awesome it is.

Beyond looks incredible!

http://images.vg247.com/current//2013/03/bmUploads_2013-03-19_1750_BEYOND_HOMELESS_HD01.jpg

That snow, no words.

---

add me.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 111 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13042 posts

May 29, 2013

chaystic wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

chaystic wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Beyond looks incredible!

http://images.vg247.com/current//2013/03/bmUploads_2013-03-19_1750_BEYOND_HOMELESS_HD01.jpg

That snow, no words.

haha I have words for it but I can't say them here.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 111 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

May 30, 2013

If you want boner like graphics, fix up a gaming rig. Don't complain about 7-8 year old hardware having jaggies. Like who the **bleep** cares? Game looks fantastic.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 111 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

May 30, 2013

dkmariolink wrote:

If you want boner like graphics, fix up a gaming rig. Don't complain about 7-8 year old hardware having jaggies. Like who the **bleep** cares? Game looks fantastic.

Thanks for the input, Jeff. Just for the record, I didn't complain. The reviewers said so.

Either way, it's kinda strange that ND employed a highly sophisticated anti-aliasing algorithm in UC3, but apparently they ditched it in TLOU. That seems like a downgrade to me (kinda like UC2 MP -> UC3 MP).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 111 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

May 30, 2013

Sorry.

But yeah, they had to cut it out most likely because its a longer game, more vegetation. (takes up a looooot of resources) any others?

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 111 (254 Views)
0 Likes