Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: TLOU 4 Hour In - IMPRESSION

May 30, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:
I'm still not sure how they thought walking for 15 minutes was good gameplay. That should have been a cutscene.

A 15 minute cutscene? lol

I would have still fallen asleep if it was a cutscene of walking Smiley Tongue

No, it should have been a minute max! Whenever I get to that part on my Uncharted 3 playthroughs I skip it because it's so boring! 

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 41 of 111 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14202 posts

May 30, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:
I'm still not sure how they thought walking for 15 minutes was good gameplay. That should have been a cutscene.

A 15 minute cutscene? lol

I would have still fallen asleep if it was a cutscene of walking Smiley Tongue

No, it should have been a minute max! Whenever I get to that part on my Uncharted 3 playthroughs I skip it because it's so boring! 

I played it through a second time. I was like.. Mmkay. Daylight, prettyish night. still boring as hell.

God forbid a developer try to tell a story, but honestly If the story was sensible I would have forgiven it much easier.

I still want to know why they wanted to find that water when the entire game they were shooting me with it. They already have it!

Oh and I want to know Drake's name / secret, whatever.

They just lost me by ignoring their own plot. lol

Message 42 of 111 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Dude, that section is not supposed to be "good" or "challenging" gameplay.

According to Jeremy Yates (Lead Character Animator), you're supposed to feel empathy for Nathan Drake and say "hey, we can do this!" and walk in that vast desert. At least that's what he said in a video interview (can't find the link right now).

I take it that you didn't like Heavy Rain either, because it's an "interactive movie"? Smiley Tongue

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 43 of 111 (243 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
884 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

@EyeCue86
I've done 29 playthroughs, currently on my 30th (sad part is that I am not joking about the number xD) and the desert really changes the pacing for the better in my opinion. It adds to the immersion, having it be slow for a while. But I suppose if you just want a gun in your hand again, I can see it becoming a nuisance.

I must also be the only one who loved the beginning. We didnt actually get a gun until like Chapter 5 or so. Thought it was wonderful to start like that.

For example: Bioshock Infinite is a game i recently loved but it had too much of the shooting and it ultimately became too repetetive due to it. What I love about UC3 is that it mixes it up but it also changes the pacing from time to time. I adore it and I am truly happy they did it.

Just wanted to voice my opinion. You are in no way wrong in feeling the way you do, obviously.

Message 44 of 111 (238 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
884 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

@Aureilia
They didnt have what was in that vessel of brass. It damned an entire city and made each individual confront their worst fears, Djinns and more until they most likely collapsed.

What Talbot had was darts that would make you listen to them. I suppose an organization that focuses on stealth and deception would want to increase their arsenal with stuff like whatever was in Iram of the Pillars.

EDIT: Also regarding his name. He will be Drake to us, no matter what. What they were going for by dropping the name was to allude to the fact that Drake was an orphan as a child. He felt no purpose in life and he wanted something to hold on to, something to aspire to. Something to give his life greater meaning. Hence why he became obsessed with Francis Drake and claimed to be his heir. His obsession from the past made him nearly lose the friends he had gained in the future. Sully helps him to let go of this and he is once again back with Elena, hopefully for good. I thought it was beautiful and not as spoon fed as UC2s story which really didnt have anything like this.

Just my 2 cents

Message 45 of 111 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 30, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

Dude, that section is not supposed to be "good" or "challenging" gameplay.

According to Jeremy Yates (Lead Character Animator), you're supposed to feel empathy for Nathan Drake and say "hey, we can do this!" and walk in that vast desert. At least that's what he said in an video interview (can't find the link right now).

I take it that you didn't like Heavy Rain either, because it's an "interactive movie"? Smiley Tongue

I felt it the first time but, after that it just became tedious. They could have conveyed that in a cutscene just as well.

As for Heavy Rain, I never played it because, that's not my kind of gameplay.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 46 of 111 (229 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
884 posts

May 30, 2013
@Tapantaola
Do you have me on PSN? Add me, I effing like you! xD
Message 47 of 111 (219 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
884 posts

May 30, 2013
@Aureilia

Added this incase you missed it regarding Drakes Name =>

EDIT: Also regarding his name. He will be Drake to us, no matter what. What they were going for by dropping the name was to allude to the fact that Drake was an orphan as a child. He felt no purpose in life and he wanted something to hold on to, something to aspire to. Something to give his life greater meaning. Hence why he became obsessed with Francis Drake and claimed to be his heir. His obsession from the past made him nearly lose the friends he had gained in the future. Sully helps him to let go of this and he is once again back with Elena, hopefully for good. I thought it was beautiful and not as spoon fed as UC2s story which really didnt have anything like this.
Message 48 of 111 (209 Views)
Naughty Paw
11024 posts

May 30, 2013

Aldro wrote:
@Aureilia

Added this incase you missed it regarding Drakes Name =>

This is why I liked UC3's story better than 2's. It's less clear cut and you have to actually think about what happened. The air of mystery between Talbot and Drake's backstory made the story more enjoyable.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 49 of 111 (194 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
884 posts

May 30, 2013
@AKyemeni
I LOVE UC2 but it wasnt better than MGS4 to me because MGS4 actually made me truly feel about the characters in ways I didnt know I could. I did however seem to enjoy my experience with UC2 a bit to the same level.

When UC3 came and did what it did from a story perspective, with gameplay that has far more variation than UC2 => I ultimately gave in and recognized it as my favourite game of all time.

29 playthroughs later, currently on my 30th: I just keep on loving this game more and more.

Completely agree with you incase that wasn't obvious.
Message 50 of 111 (190 Views)
0 Likes