I Only Post Everything
884 posts

Re: TLOU 4 Hour In - IMPRESSION

May 30, 2013
Completely agree with AKyemeni. I thought he was gonna transform into some huge **bleep** Djinn at some point LOL. Nah but there was something so odd about him.

And then you are forced to fight him and what does he do? He uses a knife. That's the moment I realised he's just a man. A man who nearly took my Sully away :@. DIE **bleep** DIE! ^^
Message 81 of 111 (205 Views)
Sackboy
433 posts

May 30, 2013

Aldro wrote:
Completely agree with AKyemeni. I thought he was gonna transform into some huge **bleep** Djinn at some point LOL. Nah but there was something so odd about him.

And then you are forced to fight him and what does he do? He uses a knife. That's the moment I realised he's just a man. A man who nearly took my Sully away :@. DIE **bleep** DIE! ^^  ND had no clue what they were writing about.

photo Uncharted forum_zpsc7kdez3c.jpg
Message 82 of 111 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
433 posts

May 30, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
That's what I'm saying. Like the way he disappears and when he didn't die from that bullet. They don't explicitly tell you why he can do those things. It is implied he is a magician, a very shadowy character. That's what I mean by his mysterious back story. He does have a back story. It's just not explained in the story like Drake's.

So you are willing to tell me that this man can get shot and live, and magically teleport,  yet he can't save Marlowe with his magic, nor can he kill Drake when he has a knife, but earlier when he doesn't beats the crap out of Drake?  That seems very plausible. xD

Message 83 of 111 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
10740 posts

May 30, 2013
^Even David Blaine couldn't have saved Marlowe Smiley Wink

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 84 of 111 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
433 posts

May 30, 2013

Well since Talbot's limits were never defined I don't see why he couldn't have saved her.

Message 85 of 111 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
10740 posts

May 30, 2013
Well, here's my explanation. He was overcome with emotion during the Marlowe part and during the final fight. He did not have a handle on the situation compared to the teleportation and bullet scenes. When you are overcome with emotion, you are not at the optimal state of efficiency. As for the chase scene, well, you so that devious intent video. They had it just for the sake of of a chase scene. Smiley Wink

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 86 of 111 (148 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
884 posts

May 30, 2013
@Sportz-18
Or maybe they did Smiley Wink

If you didn't notice: Drake actually "won" the first fight in Yemen when Talbot was saved by Ramses.

In the second fight though, Talbot with the knife, was about to kill Drake, had Sully not shot him in the arm.

Also => Talbot had his tricks but it wasn't magic. I'm sure you know that though, just wanted to clarify since you never know these days xD
Message 87 of 111 (143 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
884 posts

May 30, 2013
@AKyemeni
David Blaine, that's the guy with those O_O eyes right? Hahahaha
Message 88 of 111 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
433 posts

May 30, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
Well, here's my explanation. He was overcome with emotion during the Marlowe part and during the final fight. He did not have a handle on the situation compared to the teleportation and bullet scenes. When you are overcome with emotion, you are not at the optimal state of efficiency. As for the chase scene, well, you so that devious intent video. They had it just for the sake of of a chase scene. Smiley Wink

This.  The whole game was written around the cinematic events such as the chase scene, the boat, the buring Chatue, and the airplane.  This to me made the story a globe trotting inconsistency.  It shows in the characters.  Also charcters in the game that served no purpose, such as that pirate or Cutter.  They should have killed Cutter, would have made the story better or not have him there at all as he was useless to the story.  Atleast you can expain why Talbot dies, something ND's writing clearly didn't do.

Message 89 of 111 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
10740 posts

May 30, 2013
^Well, Cutter was supposed to be at the end of the game, but his voice actor had to go to Australia for the filming of The Hobbit.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 90 of 111 (117 Views)
0 Likes