Aug 06 2013
By: TwinSnakes89 Wastelander 639 posts

TLOU Alternate Ending "See How It Originally Ended"

[ Edited ]
16 replies 1119 views Edited Aug 6, 2013

Naughty Dog has released an image depicting a scene from an alternate ending for the studio's critically acclaimed post-apocalyptic action game The Last Of Us

JJ

On Twitter, creative director Neil Druckmann teased, "See how it originally ended." This was accompanied by an image depicting a woman who appears to be torturing main character Joel.

Gamers will learn more about The Last of Us' alternate endings during a PAX Prime panel next month, the developer first said last week but recently confirmed.

Druckmann said previously that Naughty Dog considered "about three or four ideas" for The Last of Us' ending "before finding the ending that worked best for the story we wanted to tell."

The panel--Pitching The Last Of Us--will feature Druckmann and game director Bruce Straley. The pair will discuss the process of selling Sony on Naughty Dog's first Mature-rated game.

"But really, Neil and Bruce will pull back the curtain to show you their original pitch for The Last of Us… and giving everyone at this panel a look at how close or far the final game ended up from the original pitch," reads a line from the panel's description.

SOURCE: Gamespot

Message 1 of 17 (1,119 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Re: TLOU Alternate Ending "See How It Originally Ended"

Aug 6, 2013

Tess?

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 2 of 17 (1,117 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Tess is so gangsta!

Message 3 of 17 (1,103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 6, 2013
The woman is obviously Tess. Not sure I like where they're going with these different endings though. Reeks of Mass Effect 3.

And looking at this image I'm beginning to dislike it even more... The ending was perfect in my opinion and alternate ones will only ruin how good the original is. Not for me I'm afraid.

I'd much rather have extra story DLC between chapters or something like that. And new MP maps and modes. Something involving the infected like a survivor mode.. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 17 (1,099 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Mollinz wrote:
The woman is obviously Tess. Not sure I like where they're going with these different endings though. Reeks of Mass Effect 3.

And looking at this image I'm beginning to dislike it even more... The ending was perfect in my opinion and alternate ones will only ruin how good the original is. Not for me I'm afraid.

I'd much rather have extra story DLC between chapters or something like that. And new MP maps and modes. Something involving the infected like a survivor mode.. Smiley Happy

No where has anyone EVER said that they are going to change the ending.

-----------
Message 5 of 17 (1,072 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1407 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Mollinz wrote:

I think you misunderstood.  They are going to talk about the conceptual endings they had before they settled on the one in the game.  They had several different endings in mind and felt the one in the game most reflected what story they wanted to tell. 

Message 6 of 17 (1,068 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34123 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 6, 2013

according to the The Last of Us art book, in the early stages of the games development Tess was actually the main antagonist. Smiley Happy

that image of Tess with the knife to Joel is even in the artbook. Smiley Tongue

56thg45tyg3.jpg

Message 7 of 17 (916 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Tess? Wow if that's her...it feels to me like ND had a totally different game in mind when they began working on it...

My website: http://rlclick.weebly.com/
The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Message 8 of 17 (906 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Yeah, this looks a lot different. I imagine in at least one of the endings, they had Joel die, or Ellie die, or both. What's worse? Say the game was the same as it is now, except the ending.

Joel makes it all the way there, they both get killed, Joel makes it there, is forced to stay alive and watch Ellie die, or Joel dies in the winter, Ellie escapes and dies on her way to the hospital?

They all sound bad Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 17 (862 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Always knew Tess was nuts. Called it. Smiley Tongue 

Maybe the DLC will follow this? Like the alternate endings. 

If not, I still want to know about them, they look cool.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 10 of 17 (841 Views)
0 Likes