Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 22 2013
By: AKyemeni Naughty Host 9059 posts

TLOU North American Special Editions!

12 replies 598 views Edited Jan 22, 2013

The Last of Us is coming May 7th, 2013, and we’re celebrating the impending arrival by announcing two very special editions of the game available in North America. First off, the Survival Edition will be hitting retail shelves packaged with some very cool extras.

The Last of Us: Survival Edition for PS3

When you get the Survival Edition, you’ll be able to explore over 170 pages of the incredible artwork and designs that went into making The Last of Us in The Art of The Last of Us, a full-sized hardcover art book by Dark Horse. Also packed in from Dark Horse, artist Faith Erin Hicks, and The Last of Us Creative Director Neil Druckmann is The Last of Us: American Dreams #1, the first issue in a series of comic books that dives deeper into Ellie’s backstory. The version you’ll get features a variant cover that can only be found in the Survival Edition.

In addition to the books, you’ll be getting the Steelbook edition of the game showcasing artwork of Ellie on one side and Joel on the other side of the cover. Ordering the Survival Edition also nets you the Sights & Sounds DLC pack:

Sights & Sounds DLC Pack
- Official Game Soundtrack by Academy Award winning musician Gustavo Santaolalla
- PS3 Dynamic Theme
- PSN Avatars: Winter Joel & Ellie

The Survival Edition retails for $79.99 and is available in-store and online at participating retailers.

Dark Horse will be releasing a standalone edition of Art of the Last of Us ($39.99; 978-1-61655-164-3), available at your local comics shopamazon.combn.com, or your local bookstore.

The second offering is for the true collector: Witness the Post-Pandemic Edition.

The Last of Us: Post-Pandemic Edition for PS3

In the Post-Pandemic Edition, you’ll receive the Steelbook edition of the game and The Last of Us: American Dreams issue 1 with the variant cover. Also included is a highly collectible 12” Premium Statue of Joel and Ellie by Project Triforce that’s worthy of any display case.

You’ll be getting two DLC packs as well. In addition to the Sights & Sounds DLC Pack, the Post-Pandemic Edition includes a plethora of digital content in the Survival DLC Pack:

Survival DLC Pack
- Multiplayer Bonuses:
· Bonus XP
· Melee booster
· In-game currency
· Customizable character items
- Bonus Joel and Ellie skins available once the single player game is completed

The Post-Pandemic Edition will only be available at GameStop for $159.99. It’s very exclusive, so pre-order your copytoday! Both the Post-Pandemic Edition and the Survival Edition include custom chrome Naughty Dog stickers so you can stylishly tag your preferred items or walls with the developer logo of your favorite new game.

Hop online or head to your local retailer and pre-order today. Be prepared for The Last of Us before May 7th, 2013!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/22/the-last-of-us-survival-edition-post-pandemic-edition-reve...

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 1 of 13 (598 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
868 posts

Re: TLOU North American Special Editions!

Jan 22, 2013

Damnit! No infected statue. Very cool though. I will definitely pick up the Post Pandemic edition. :smileyhappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 13 (595 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

Ah man, Americans definitely got the coolest edition! :smileyhappy:

I think I'll be importing that!

Message 3 of 13 (579 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Jan 22, 2013
I just want the game- but I guess it's cool for those who are into all that extra stuff.
 photo 492afe7a-5d47-473d-9476-3a8036a31d5b_zps4955703f.jpg
Message 4 of 13 (575 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9059 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Not getting either

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 5 of 13 (570 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2304 posts

Jan 22, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

The Post-Pandemic Edition will only be available at GameStop for $159.99.

LOL 160 bucks? That's a joke.

So let me get this straight. The Survival Edition is 80 bucks, and the Post-Pandemic is 160 (that's double) because it comes with a statue and some other multiplayer bs that can already be unlockable. 

Well, that's ND logic for ya folks. Whoever's buying this, have a nice day wasting your money. :smileyindifferent:

Although, the Survival Edition is somewhat a good deal.

watchdogs
Message 6 of 13 (565 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9059 posts

Jan 22, 2013

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

The Post-Pandemic Edition will only be available at GameStop for $159.99.

LOL 160 bucks? That's a joke.

So let me get this straight. The Survival Edition is 80 bucks, and the Post-Pandemic is 160 (that's double) because it comes with a statue and some other multiplayer bs that can already be unlockable. 

Well, that's ND logic for ya folks. Whoever's buying this, have a nice day wasting your money. :smileyindifferent:

Although, the Survival Edition is somewhat a good deal.

And the worst part is that the Post-Pandemic Edition doesn't come with the 170 page artbook like the Survival Edition...

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 7 of 13 (562 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3652 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Yea for that price they should include that artbook too. Thats just unreal.

Message 8 of 13 (558 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9059 posts

Jan 22, 2013

According to the guy that made the blog, the statue alone would retail $199.99!

MassaBR on January 22nd, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS

I said goddamn.

Mick Perona on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

Ha! I like the “Pulp Fiction” reference above…Sounds like you are into the Post-Pandemic Edition then! Cool! If you are a collector of video game memorabilia, or just of cool statues, you’re going to go nuts over this one! The statue alone would retail for $199.99 so worked incredibly hard to be able to bring this to our fans! Wait till you see it!

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 9 of 13 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jan 22, 2013

My wallet just **** itself.

Message 10 of 13 (541 Views)