First Son
29 posts

Re: TLOU Pittsburgh Cool new moves

Jun 4, 2013
I think the AI will only react to you have no ammo left if you try to shoot the gun when you have 0 bullets and they will hear your out of ammo by the *click* it makes. They won't just magically know you have zero ammo left.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 18 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2344 posts

Jun 4, 2013

loakum wrote:

That was a hell of alot better demo than the demo released for folks who put down $60 on God of War Ascension, and had to wait over 2 months just to play the infected demo.......all 8-9 minutes of it. :/

Stop reminding me.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 18 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
763 posts

Jun 4, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

loakum wrote:

That was a hell of alot better demo than the demo released for folks who put down $60 on God of War Ascension, and had to wait over 2 months just to play the infected demo.......all 8-9 minutes of it. :/

Stop reminding me.

I'm reminded everytime I play it...over, and over, and over, and over...

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 18 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Jun 4, 2013

I cant wait for this game :smileyvery-happy: 10 more days seems like alot for some reason :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 18 (102 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

Gun clicks and the AI doesn't react to it. That is not acceptable. And I just hate how they keep bum rushing. It seems to me like the enemy AI was more optimized for stealth than a more open approach. But Ellie on the other hand is an incredibly smart AI.  And I just love the blood effects on Joel, look how Joel's blood dripped on his arms, so realistic. And awesome melee animations.

Edit: At mark 03:51, I just realized that the hunters can use listen mode too.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 18 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

Gun clicks and the AI doesn't react to it. That is not acceptable. And I just hate how they keep bum rushing. It seems to me like the enemy AI was more optimized for stealth than a more open approach. But Ellie on the other hand is an incredibly smart AI.  And I just love the blood effects on Joel, look how Joel's blood dripped on his arms, so realistic. And awesome melee animations.

Edit: At mark 03:51, I just realized that the hunters can use listen mode too.

Someone else said maybe it's because you were firing and then ran out. But if you just pulled a gun and they don't know it's not empty till it clicks, then they react verbally

Yeah love the blood dripping too. But I wonder if that's just a character skin for that level because of the crash and slamming through the glass. Or if that's how injuries actually look every time

Anyone else love the facial details @ 1:40-1:50 in the Pittsburgh video?

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 18 (81 Views)
Gaming Beast
2310 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Definitely seems like Naughty Dog went a different direction than say Dead Island or The Walking Dead which both have infected/dead almost everywhere. Although i've only seen a little bit of the game so maybe there are sections where there are massive numbers of them.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 18 (73 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 4, 2013
Ok maybe?
I love the facial details too, and it's running in real time.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 18 (66 Views)
0 Likes