Jun 04 2013
By: mani60cent Lombax Warrior 88 posts

TLOU Pittsburgh Cool new moves

[ Edited ]
17 replies 609 views Edited Jun 4, 2013

Apologies if this is old, I know the demo is old but i noticed a few cool new moves in this one such as ellie stabbing the guy from behind at 3:07 and such. There is also some epic rifle gameplay at 4 minutes in the lincoln demo.

Thought this would be a nice filler just to watch.

Message 1 of 18 (609 Views)
Sackboy
520 posts

Re: TLOU Pittsburgh Cool new moves

Jun 4, 2013

Very, very cool! Thanks a lot for posting it!

Message 2 of 18 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Jun 4, 2013

No problem, Just added the Lincoln demo with some Bolt action rifle gameplay.

Message 3 of 18 (574 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
787 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Kinda glad you uploaded this gameplay mate, different to the ones I've seen of the morons missing guys with a bow from 6ft away. Good to see some more gameplay with Ellie getting into the action, thanks a bunch mate Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 18 (571 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Wow, Finally someone playing who doesn't totally suck! Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing, New gameplay makes me very happy.

Message 5 of 18 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Jun 4, 2013

That was a hell of alot better demo than the demo released for folks who put down $60 on God of War Ascension, and had to wait over 2 months just to play the infected demo.......all 8-9 minutes of it. :/

Message 6 of 18 (548 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

Whoa, in the Pittsburgh video, Joel gets f'ed up. Blood dripping down his arm, shirt all bloody. Is that just a skin for the level or is that like procedural (right word?) meaning that if we get hurt, that's how injuries look

---

Not canceling my preorder or anything, but when the player was shooting and ran out of ammo, the enemies didn't verbally react like in the E3 demo.

And I wonder if they'll still run from you and hide then craft their own items and ambush you, like the last guy in the alternate E3 demo who made the molotov. We haven't seen any AI acting that awesome again. 

---

Is it just me or do bullets do less damage? In the E3 demo, two bullets took away a lot of Joel's health.

---

Is it known if we can "ghost" areas like this? Meaning avoid the conflict and sneak away to save supplies

---

I love the detail in Joel's face from 1:40 to 1:50 in the Pittsburgh video. If I didn't know, I'd think it was from a PS4 game.

---

In the Lincoln video, was the Ellie-fireflies little dialogue unscripted? Because it seems so naturally intergrated into the moment

Message 7 of 18 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Jun 4, 2013
At cvbxsta..... I hope they did not scrap it down.... I hope...
Message 8 of 18 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 4, 2013

cvbxsta wrote:

Whoa, in the Pittsburgh video, Joel gets f'ed up. Blood dripping down his arm, shirt all bloody. Is that just a skin for the level or is that like procedural (right word?) meaning that if we get hurt, that's how injuries look

---

Not canceling my preorder or anything, but when the player was shooting and ran out of ammo, the enemies didn't verbally react like in the E3 demo.

And I wonder if they'll still run from you and hide then craft their own items and ambush you, like the last guy in the alternate E3 demo who made the molotov. We haven't seen any AI acting that awesome again. 

---

Is it just me or do bullets do less damage? In the E3 demo, two bullets took away a lot of Joel's health.

---

Is it known if we can "ghost" areas like this? Meaning avoid the conflict and sneak away to save supplies

---

I love the detail in Joel's face from 1:40 to 1:50 in the Pittsburgh video. If I didn't know, I'd think it was from a PS4 game.

---

In the Lincoln video, was the Ellie-fireflies little dialogue unscripted? Because it seems so naturally intergrated into the moment

Another thing that stands out is how they're already setting the seeds for character development. In the Lincoln vid, Joel won't even let Ellie use a weapon but we know from the trailers, that she uses a bow and he's telling her "to make very shot count".

Great stuff

Message 9 of 18 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Jun 4, 2013
Now that is great gameplay. That's how tlou combat should look and that's how I'm going to play it. I hate seeing people play this game like it's bros of war
Message 10 of 18 (364 Views)
0 Likes