Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Re: TLOU and Metacritic

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

loakum wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:
I feel now is a good time to bump this thread

lol, I feel the Last of Us will be rated around 9.5 to perfect 10s from professional reviews. user scores will be mixed, because some folks will rate bomb it because they don't like a optional feature, or something.

Who would rate bomb because of that? Also we're asking for an optional feature..... An option to toggle it on or off so yeah...

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 21 of 33 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Mar 29, 2013

I don't know. I'll give my feelings when it comes out.

But rest assured, if the game is "that hard" some reviews will use that to tarnish the game. Seen it done to many games before.

Seen it done to Vampire Rain.. While the game does suck. It doesn't suck quite as hard as they made out. Even though the point is it's still garbage and no one should buy it, it's difficulty lowered the score from what should have been a 5.5 more or less, ended up being under that because not many could even finsih the thing.

Message 22 of 33 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013

...I can't believe David Hayter isn't voicing Snake in the upcoming Metal Gear Solid V.....

anyway, I still believe The Last of Us will rate between a 9.5 to perfect 10s. I don't doubt for a second, TLOU will be a heavy favorite for Video Game of the Year. I know it's way too early to make such a claim (especially since the game is months away from being released) but from what I've seen thus far, I don't see it being challenged (except for maybe GTAV).

Message 23 of 33 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Mar 29, 2013

The only thing that stands between TLOU and the GOTY award is GTA V, although the first one will undoubtedly (well, most assured) be critical acclaimed GTA V is strong enough to win the jackpot. On the one hand we have The Last of Us, which is the newest and most ambitious exclusive IP to date for the PS3. But on the other hand we have GTA V, which already has a massive and well established audience.

One is being made by Naughty Dog and the other is being made by Rockstar Games. Great studios, great games.

First we'll have to wait and see if they deliver what they promise and then we'll see what happens next.

I believe Naughty Dog will most likely get it perfectly right, but the concept of Rockstar about having three playable characters worries me a little bit. Anyway and despite all I have said I want TLOU to win.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 24 of 33 (153 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
884 posts

Mar 30, 2013
Anyone thinking TLOU can get 96 meta and beat Bioshock Infinite is kidding themselves.

I'm a huge ND, UC & TLOU fan but guys: Be realistic.

It nearly feels like whatever TLOU is trying to do with Ellie, Irrational beat them to it with Elizabeth. That's the sad part of the industry. You may have a vision and someone might share it and beat you to it. In Infinites defence though it was in development longer than TLOU, but still.

I think reasonably expectations would be 90-92 metacritic at best. But it's hard to say considering we haven't really played it. It's a new IP and if they mess up one basic part: It could be all over for the whole awards/GOTY stuff.
Message 25 of 33 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 30, 2013

Aldro wrote:
Anyone thinking TLOU can get 96 meta and beat Bioshock Infinite is kidding themselves.

It nearly feels like whatever TLOU is trying to do with Ellie, Irrational beat them to it with Elizabeth. That's the sad part of the industry. You may have a vision and someone might share it and beat you to it. In Infinites defence though it was in development longer than TLOU, but still.

I think reasonably expectations would be 90-92 metacritic at best. But it's hard to say considering we haven't really played it. It's a new IP and if they mess up one basic part: It could be all over for the whole awards/GOTY stuff.

Sad truth. I can still hope though Smiley Very Happy 

Message 26 of 33 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Mar 30, 2013
Sadly you ate right. I don't think the last of us will be rated as high as we want because people are going to think it's unoriginal. We have seen a father daughter type relationship in Lee and clementine from the walking dead and we've just seen a very strong relationship in bioshock infinite so unless TLOU has a better relationship that gets people MORE emotional invested, people are going to say they've seen it all b4. And the same thing with the setting. We've already seen this type of setting in I am legend and crysis 3 and other things. The last of us may be my goty but I fear for many they may look at it as unoriginal. Let's hope naughty dog brings an amazing story, amazing game play, amazing pacing and an amazing ending
Message 27 of 33 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Mar 30, 2013

The press is informed, the players are not. Even if the press gives TLOU a score of 90-10, the casual players will think that this is a TWD rip-off.

Message 28 of 33 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Aldro wrote:

I personally think the presentation of TLOU will be a lot better, with more polish, better animations and better character graphics, with smooth storytelling/gameplay transitions. 

As far as the AI of Elizabeth vs. Ellie goes, I think Ellie will have much better AI, as well as the enemies in TLOU vs. BS:I. Elizabeth just follows you, goes into cover, looks at stuff, and occasionally throws some items she magically generates to you. Ellie looks like she'll actually affect the enemies and give you some real strategic advantages over the enemies. So I think TLOU has an advantage here.

Bioshock infinite may have better gameplay, and/or a better story. We'll have to wait and see for that.

However, even if TLOU ends up being better than BS:I, I feel like the review scores won't be as good because of bias and popularity.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 29 of 33 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 30, 2013

Bioshock Infinite may have a bigger story in general and deeper philosophical roots, but is Naughty Dog's ability to tell a compelling and thrilling story, immerse you in the setting, and make you feel something for the characters that will, at least for me, top the Booker-Elisabeth relationship.

Message 30 of 33 (69 Views)
0 Likes