Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1209 posts

Re: TLOU is the best looking console game to date

Jun 20, 2013

memory is the natural enemy of the Ps3, due to it being soo limited, so as awesome as this game looks, and it is awesome looking, I am really excited for them to get their hands on 8 gb of memory

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 11 of 57 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
562 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Why does everyone say Halo 4 looks amazing? It's good looking, I can name several 360 games that look way better than it though.

Message 12 of 57 (418 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Jun 20, 2013

frogmanlego wrote:

Man halo 4 plays it so safe its not even funny. it has OK graphics. 

I thought it looked good. REALLY good, one of the best 360 games out there, especially in looks. But it pushes the 360 past its limits. Jittery frameretes sometimes and it requires a mandatory install which I don't think ever happens on 360 :smileysurprised:

Message 13 of 57 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Jun 20, 2013
For gameplay it does look nice. But for cutscenes Final Fantasy games are INSANE with their graphics. FFXIII and FFXIII-2
Message 14 of 57 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
562 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Because those are pre-rendered, it's not in-engine like Uncharted or TLOU, or other games.

Have you ever played World of Warcraft? Look at this cutscene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCr7y4SLhck

Obviously just pre-rendered, not in-engine at all. Like a lot of other games.

Message 15 of 57 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jun 20, 2013

This is what I think of the graphics:

The sections where you are in the city look amazing for the most part. The buildings and sun light shining over the city is beautiful. The parts though with grass and weeds growing everywhere don't look as good. They still look great, but not as good as the city parts. 

Message 16 of 57 (403 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Jun 20, 2013

JOSH55886 wrote:

Because those are pre-rendered, it's not in-engine like Uncharted or TLOU, or other games.

Have you ever played World of Warcraft? Look at this cutscene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCr7y4SLhck

Obviously just pre-rendered, not in-engine at all. Like a lot of other games.

Regardless, Final Fantasy has ALWAYS stepped up in terms of graphics. VIII had STUNNING cutscenes at the time, it look better than a lot of games a generation later on PS2 and Xbox. And then X stepped it up as well. Final Fantasy's main series has always looked extremely beautiful, always looking almost next gen-like on current consoles.

As for World of warcraft, thats just Blizzard in general. Their animators are among as good as Pixar. Naughtydog has solid animations, but Blizzard, their collectors editions are always worth it for the DVD of all the cutscenes. Diablo III had amazing animations as well. Keep in mind though, Blizzard develops for PC, and though Diablo III is coming to PS3, Diablo III requires few rescources so it's probably their only game possible to port to consoles.

In terms of design, Final Fantasy has always struck me as beutiful. But The Last of Us...it's special. Something about it just captures the essence of "Happy". I can't help but smile at how good it looks. Since Final Fantasy was mentioned in this thread, you've got me questioning and debating with myself. >.< Thanks.

Message 17 of 57 (400 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 20, 2013

The game could really use some better anti-aliasing though. So much jaggies :smileysad:

And there's a lot of pop in, especially in the horse section. Often times textures would take forever to load in all the way.

It's a very good looking game, too bad it's limited by such old hardware.

Message 18 of 57 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Imagine the PS4 and Naughty Dog. 16x the RAM for starters. :smileyhappy: PS3 had 256mb. PS4 has 8gb. 

Message 19 of 57 (390 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jun 20, 2013

sinlessorrow wrote:
Next gen can easily have tesselation given what the PS4 is sporting. 6x the power of the PS3 is a huge jump.

As much as we need tesselation, let's just get some good hair and cloth physics. :smileytongue:  It's 2013 and there's been exactly one game with great looking hair (Tomb Raider) and even then in motion it went crazy. Still though, every game should employ tressFX. Just like Havok physics engine it will soon get refined to the point that it looks completely natural.

Message 20 of 57 (386 Views)
0 Likes