Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
29 posts

Re: TLOU is the best looking console game to date

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

frogmanlego wrote:

Man halo 4 plays it so safe its not even funny. it has OK graphics. 

Oh come on. Hell, Halo 4 probably does have the best graphics of any console game to date. UC3 and TLoU have a more appealing style because they are more comfortable to our psyche because of the familiarity and the faces are the best in gaming, but H4 from a technical standpoint is just as awe inspiring just looking at the grand vista's and details in the world at a solid framerate. UC3 was amazing but benefitted more from the spectacle than the details in the environment and was never as grandiose as Halo's prawling environments and TLoU has great detail in the environment but the levels definitely feel like  a series of connected tunnels. Also the framerate consistently judders in TLoU. It  Even at just two or three frames getting dropped in this game is pretty noticeable whereas that never really happens in Halo 4. TLoU sometimes just looks and feels like it's running at about 27FPS than 30FPS.

TLDR: TLoU is artistic beauty. Halo 4 is technical wizardry. It's debatable either way.

Message 21 of 57 (532 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
996 posts

Jun 20, 2013

TPoppaPuff wrote:

frogmanlego wrote:

Oh come on. Hell, Halo 4 probably does have the best graphics of any console game to date. UC3 and TLoU have a more appealing style because they are more comfortable to our psyche because of the familiarity and the faces are the best in gaming, but H4 from a technical standpoint is just as awe inspiring just looking at the grand vista's and details in the world at a solid framerate. UC3 was amazing but benefitted more from the spectacle than the details in the environment and was never as grandiose as Halo's prawling environments and TLoU has great detail in the environment but the levels definitely feel like  a series of connected tunnels. Also the framerate consistently judders in TLoU. It  Even at just two or three frames getting dropped in this game is pretty noticeable whereas that never really happens in Halo 4. TLoU sometimes just looks and feels like it's running at about 27FPS than 30FPS.

TLDR: TLoU is artistic beauty. Halo 4 is technical wizardry. It's debatable either way.

I never had the framerate drop once in The Last of Us. I HAVE had Halo 4 drop in framerate ALL the time. Halo 4 pushed the 360 further than it could go, framerate drops, install required, the 360 also has a tendency to heat up when playing Halo 4. The details in Halo 4 are far from The last of Us, I think it's great, but just spawn in a Halo 4 campaign or multiplayer match, and look directly at the ground. It's ugly and plain isn't it? That and a few other lacking details along with an abundance of bloomy objects cause Halo 4 to suffer in terms of looks. The color is spot on, and the details on vehicles and guns and player models are all great, but it's that plain enviornment that we've been seeing since Halo 2 (amazing game btw) it's really recycled. Still good, but calling it "wizardy" doesn't make alot of sense. Unless you're refferring to how it doesn't crash the 360 on startup. It crashes mid game for my friends all the time.

Message 22 of 57 (524 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 20, 2013

I have Halo 4. You can check my gamertag if you want to it's plaZeHD. But Halo 4 is not the best looking game on consoles. Sure there are a lot of things going on, and the game is far more open, but it's limited. There is a count down if you are far away from your mission. So you can't move freely anywhere you want to. And the animations are stiff, cutscenes are done in subHD, and sometimes the game looks like a Playstation 2 game.

lol

Message 23 of 57 (500 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Message 24 of 57 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Jun 23, 2013
There was this certain part in this game that made me gasp and say holy **bleep**. It's just this random kitchen in a random house...and the light just pierced through, but then in that stream of light, you also saw speck of dusts floatin around. This game man....
"If your choice is to save me over everybody else in the world then...ok. I trust you now and let’s live life.." ~TheVulcanSalute
Message 25 of 57 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Halo 4 just got trumped by the last of us XD, halo looks good for a halo games considering they have never been big on the graphics department.

Message 26 of 57 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

Jun 23, 2013

I have to admit I spent most of my time between fights admiring the scenery :smileyhappy:

Message 27 of 57 (425 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Update #2:

Message 28 of 57 (377 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Update #3:

Message 29 of 57 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Jun 24, 2013

TPoppaPuff wrote:

frogmanlego wrote:

HAHAHAA youv never played god of war three have you, it **bleep** all over halo 4 with the vistas.. * that are not done real time may i add..* halo four plays it safe polygon wise going fo a very high res texture option , just like starhawk and warhawk.. 

Message 30 of 57 (321 Views)
0 Likes