First Son
13 posts

Re: TLOU - best visuals in a console game (INSANE)

Jun 24, 2013
To be fair, many of the cutscenes in TLoU are pre-recorded in-engine, so they aren't necessarily indicative of what the engine could handle at a stable framerate. Many of those screenshots are still from gameplay segments however and are 100% legit to brag about.
Message 31 of 57 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Yeah I thaught Uncharted had the best visuals, but clearily TLOU outdoes it by a long way!  It's not just the graphics, but the clever way they are implemented to make you feel like you are in the game!  Also the setting helps,  every little bit of detail ND have painstakingly put in makes you believe that you are really in area's that haven't been inhabited in 20 years!   The way the undergrowth reclaiming its habitat has been implemented along with of course the fantastic dialogue and charachters pulls you right into believing that this world really exists!      An example of clever use of graphics and setting occurs when Joel and Ellie get to their first 'Safe House'  and there is a scene where Ellie is sitting in the chair near a window while Joel has a sleep on the couch,  and he wakes up and Ellie is staring out of the window into space.   She remarks something about how dark it is outside while rain drops cleverly implimented run down the windows in the most realistic way I have ever seen in a game!    I sat there where Ellie had for 5 mins just staring at the Rain and the way it ran down those windows and also out and the buildings outside wondering....   where has everyone gone is EVERYONE infected?  Clever moments like this pace the game out, it can get so frantic with killing Hunters and Infected that sometimes you feel like you need a break, ND recognises this just at the right times!

This often left me with a really sad feeling when I stopped playing especially on my first playthough,  I felt so involved in the storyline that I just wanted to get Ellie to safety at all costs!   Best game I have ever played on the PS3 possibly across all platforms since I started gaming in the early 80's.

Message 32 of 57 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7421 posts

Jun 24, 2013
patrick star photo: Patrick Star Patrick_Star1.jpgThese pictures are freaking GORGEOUS! Now I really think a PS4 port is needed, just so Naughty Dog can blow EVEN MORE minds!

Pipo

http://brotherhoodofgaming.clanwebsite.com/
NNID&Steam: SuperPiposaru 3DS FC: 0920-1213-3452
Message 33 of 57 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10845 posts

Re: TLOU is the best looking console game to date

Jun 24, 2013
Its definitely up there, but the frame rate was so low it better have damned well looked good.
Message 34 of 57 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

Jun 24, 2013

FeralSoul wrote:

Wonder what Naughty Dog games are going to look like on PS4 if they look this good on the present console...wow!

Sucks to be an Xbox owner...lol

Yeah, I think you can't distinguish a ND game on PS4 from reality (and now that isn't even possible xD)

BTW, sucks to be an xboxowner? but you do have a PSN account? Smiley Tongue

Message 35 of 57 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

NaughtyDog not only can make pretty textures, but lighting, scenery everything whoever their artist is should get the credit, it's not about JUST the texturing, it's also about how that item looks in general, the color, the small details. It's amazing.

Hell not many PC games look this good. I can't think of a single one actually. The one and ONLY thing that was more beautiful in a video game (imo) is the HD texture pack on Skyrim. But that isn't vanilla, it's community made. So I won't really count that.

You obviouslly haven't seen Crysis 3 on a PC at 1440p at max settings.

Remember, TLOU runs at 720p. 1080p makes a HUGE difference. 

I mean, TLOU looks great for a PS3 game, but lets not delude ourselves here. 

Message 36 of 57 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Why does everyone says Crysis 3 looks so good? Crysis 3 seems like a downgrade in several areas compared to Crysis 1? Also have you seen Crysis or Skyrim modded? The grass in the ENB mod for Skyrim is insane.

Message 37 of 57 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3529 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

Ever since God of War 3 came out, I thought that game was the best looking on consoles. However, I do think TLoU is on par. The AA and close to 60 fps really made GoW3 stand out for me.

Message 38 of 57 (332 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

JOSH55886 wrote:

Why does everyone says Crysis 3 looks so good? Crysis 3 seems like a downgrade in several areas compared to Crysis 1? Also have you seen Crysis or Skyrim modded? The grass in the ENB mod for Skyrim is insane.

The vanilla Crysis 1 isn't even as good as Crysis 3. Nothing touches Crysis 3's lighting. The lighting is on par with CG movies. And it has ultra realistic vegetation...ETC

Message 39 of 57 (328 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 24, 2013

TomatoDragon wrote:

Ever since God of War 3 came out, I thought that game was the best looking on consoles. However, I do think TLoU is on par. The AA and close to 60 fps really made GoW3 stand out for me.

No surprise there. God Of War 3 is heavily scripted and linear. And the fixed camera angles helps the FPS.

Message 40 of 57 (321 Views)
0 Likes