Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2047 posts

Re: TLOU is the best looking console game to date

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

TomatoDragon wrote:

Ever since God of War 3 came out, I thought that game was the best looking on consoles. However, I do think TLoU is on par. The AA and close to 60 fps really made GoW3 stand out for me.

No surprise there. God Of War 3 is heavily scripted and linear. And the fixed camera angles helps the FPS.

Agreed, and I don't consider that a bad thing. But based on visuals alone, that's what put it an top for me. Also the artistic style. Very impressed with TLoU visuals considering it's free camera, I'd put it neck and neck.

Message 41 of 57 (300 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Update #4:

Message 42 of 57 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7102 posts

Jun 24, 2013

EpicBananaTime wrote:

This may be a bit off topic, but are any of you guys getting a grainy kind of filter on the visuals? Or is it just me?

That's normal. Graininess is fitting for an apocalyptic game.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 43 of 57 (274 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Man I must say the game looks a lot better in motion.

Message 44 of 57 (268 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jun 24, 2013

God of War 3 is all canned. You go down this extremely linear path and can't really move the camera at all. 

Furthermore a better comparison is each game's multiplayer in terms of visuals, player count, map size, movement speed, physics, etc. It's a hell of a lot easier to make a singleplayer game look pretty than a multiplayer game. And Halo 4's visuals trumps TLoU in in terms of scope and size. It looks **bleep** good with way more going on. God of War 3 has no mp and ascenssion again is so fixed it may as well be sp only.

Message 45 of 57 (262 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Oh, ok thanks for answering my question. I seriously thought I was the only one.

Message 46 of 57 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Jun 26, 2013
TLOU
GOWA
KZ3
U3
GOW3
U2
THEN
HALO4...
Message 47 of 57 (222 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

Re: TLOU - best visuals in a console game (INSANE)

Jul 30, 2013

( Certain are stretched out even further thus making it look even worse but yet beautiful for usage of desktop backgrounds on PCs :smileyhappy: )

Message 48 of 57 (172 Views)
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Jul 30, 2013
RESPECT to author for this screenshots!
Message 49 of 57 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
32 posts

Jul 30, 2013

Wow ts, incredible topic, i tip my hat to you.gif

Also I dont believe UC3 and GoW Ascension are on the same level as TLOU. UC3 has some parts where graphics are completely amazing (Desert parts mostly), and some parts where graphics are utterly sh*t such as the graphics in London. 

GoW on the other hand has great graphics during cutscenes, boss fights and other major setplaces such as the fights with the giant scorpion/spider things but besides that generic enemies and some generic enviorenment takes away from the reality of the graphics. Also it is a bit comic book like, which is not necesserily a bad thing but doesnt make the graphics more realistic either. TLOU is on a completely different level from them because it is not inconsistent nor unrealistic, the graphics play a huge role in immersion, and you really feel like you are stuck in a deserted world, well at least for me. 

That being said I do believe UC2 was the biggest leap in graphics in this console generation because I remember getting so astonished and just staring at my TV for minutes. Good times man, good times

The funny thing is 3-5 years from now we will look at these graphical powerhouses and they will just look comical compared to the games of the future.

Message 50 of 57 (158 Views)
0 Likes