Jul 31 2014
By: gunnsandwiches42 Fender Bender 2477 posts

TLOU movie / Planet of the Apes (spoilers)

2 replies 109 views Edited Jul 31, 2014

I just saw the new Planet of the Apes movie, the the whole time I just kept thinking about all the similarities to TLOU movie.

Anyone else see it?

Huge Planet of the Apes spoilers below.

Obviously the biggest similarity is the infection / virus. Seeing sparse groups of humans surviving in a world taken back by nature looked great and was convincing. I hope Druckman and co are taking notes.

Also I loved how the humans wanted to start up the hydro electric dam--I kept wating for Tommy to appear.

The color pallette also look similar to TLOU, although it lacked the bright / sunny scenes, as its set in San Fran.

Anyway, the Apes movie made me pretty excited for TLOU movie. If they can nail the look and feel of the movie (as Apes did), then hopefully the actors can succesfully carry out Druckman's script.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 1 of 3 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10845 posts

Re: TLOU movie / Planet of the Apes (spoilers)

Aug 2, 2014
Check out open grave. It screams last of us
Message 2 of 3 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Re: TLOU movie / Planet of the Apes (spoilers)

Aug 2, 2014

I didn't see the new Apes movie but I got TLoU flashbacks when I saw the new Godzilla and it was at the scene where Brian Cranston and ATJ were exploring the abandoned Japanese city.

Looked just like a quarantine zone! Only with giant monsters in the vicinity instead of clickers

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 3 of 3 (52 Views)
0 Likes