Sep 11 2013
By: no1_narwhal_fan Lombax Warrior 229 posts

TLOU sequel? Just have faith in Naughty Dog!

[ Edited ]
2 replies 173 views Edited Sep 11, 2013

Many of the topics and arguments here seem to revolve around the possibility of a sequel and 1)whether it's actually a good idea to have a sequel to TLOU or not and 2)whether the sequel should have Joel & Ellie in it or not.

From what I've seen these are some of the issues that fans are getting the most passionate/argumentitive about. I get that but I also think people could calm down a bit and just trust that whatever Naughty Dog do with the franchise will be the right thing. They're one of, if not the best game designers in the world right now who havn't put a foot wrong these last few years. I also see them as a company with artistic integrity who genuinely cares about the games they make. If there was a sequel it would be for the right reasons not just beause it would make a lot of money. If there was any danger that a sequel would in some way cheapen or tarnish the legacy of the first game and it's story then it wouldn't get made, simple as that. Ditto Joel and Ellie. If their story really does end with TLOU1 it's becuase ND feels their story is best left as it is and there is nothing else they could do with them and we should have faith that ND would be able to give us TLOU2 with new characters that are just as facinating, deep, empathetic and a new plot that is just as immersive, thought provoking and emotive. If Joel and Ellie did feature then it wouldn't be just because they are iconic characters, it would be because ND were confident they could do something fresh and exciting with them without spoiling that ambiguous ending or our memories of the characters.

In short, if there is no sequel I'd be dissapointed but I'd also know it was for the right reasons but if there is a sequel I'm confident it will be mind blowingly great!

Message 1 of 3 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Re: TLOU sequel? Just have faith in Naughty Dog!

Sep 11, 2013

no1_narwhal_fan wrote:

Many of the topics and arguments here seem to revolve around the possibility of a sequel and 1)whether it's actually a good idea to have a sequel to TLOU or not and 2)whether the sequel should have Joel & Ellie in it or not.

From what I've seen these are some of the issues that fans are getting the most passionate/argumentitive about. I get that but I also think people could calm down a bit and just trust that whatever Naughty Dog do with the franchise will be the right thing. They're one of, if not the best game designers in the world right now who havn't put a foot wrong these last few years. I also see them as a company with artistic integrity who genuinely cares about the games they make. If there was a sequel it would be for the right reasons not just beause it would make a lot of money. If there was any danger that a sequel would in some way cheapen or tarnish the legacy of the first game and it's story then it wouldn't get made, simple as that. Ditto Joel and Ellie.

I agree you with this. After this i can't. But this is personal preferences. 

Anyway, nothing against you, why do you just don't post this in the other topics instand of doing a new one?

There are a lot topics with the same opinion from you out there beginning on page 1 to i think the end page of this forum. ;-)

"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Message 2 of 3 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25309 posts

Re: TLOU sequel? Just have faith in Naughty Dog!

Sep 11, 2013

i'm pretty sure sony wants Uncharted and TLoU on PS4.

I'm here to help. If you have a question feel free to pm me. Idling on IRC is for noobs. :smileytongue:

Get your Portable ID!
Message 3 of 3 (148 Views)
0 Likes