Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: TLOU sequel doesn't need Joel and ellie

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2014

I agree with TheNobleSquirrel. Joel and Ellie or nothing.

Message 11 of 18 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

May 6, 2014
Joel and Ellie should get murdered. They'll be remembered. If naughty dog just killed off their two characters I won't even be mad. I'll be amazed with a hint of sadness. But if you think about it I think it's the best way to go in my opinion of course.
Message 12 of 18 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
29 posts

May 6, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

Joel, and Ellie are the driving force of the game. There's only four possible outcomes for new protagonists. They died, became hunters, got to a QZ, or wander the wild. Joel, and Ellie, or nothing at all.

Then I pick nothing at all. 

No one cares about what you pick.

I'm currently banned from the telltale forums, tlou wikia forums, reddit, and nearly every other forum you can think of except for 4chins of course.

Let's see how long I last on the playstation forums.
Message 13 of 18 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

May 6, 2014

It really doesn't matter what we think. If Naughty Dog finds the best possible story to tell--with or without Joel and Ellie--that's what they should do.

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Message 14 of 18 (110 Views)
First Son
20 posts

May 7, 2014

from past experiences in games like

Mass effect:

main protagonist in all games, dies in the end, Community rage

Call of duty:

Protagonist changes in all games, community lost interest in the game

God Of War:

Protagonist in all games, Community happy

:smileysurprised:

Message 15 of 18 (104 Views)
Splicer
41 posts

May 7, 2014
People are spoiled to be quite honest. They like the idea of a happy or decent ending for their characters. They just do not like having a negative, realistic ending because it goes against what most video games do for their endings nowadays. Joel and Ellie are great, but in my opinion they need to die. They can't be the "gods of the TLOU universe" forever. It be a nice change of pace to be quite honest, but if you disagree with me then I understand where your coming from.
Message 16 of 18 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

May 7, 2014

While I love to see Joel and Ellie back in the game, the only new characters I can think of are something to do with slaves...

By this, I mean we can based the second last of us on two characters as slaves trapped in a city run by these slavers bandits for years.

The characters are important, I doubt it's good to repeat the characters "Another old man, another teenage girl...".

Though I do think we should based the slave characters on two teenage kids or slightly older (At least 16/17 at the start) As Brother and sister adapting to the cruel world that is out there after some escape... 

It may be hard living as slaves but can it be harder living outside what you're used to?

I'm not entirely sure what happens next, perhaps the slavers go after them or something?

What I've learned in the LAst of us is that it doesn't matter what the plot is as long the characters are good and the journey is great. Hell,  I even forgot Ellie was the cure for all humankind in the winter section...

The call for a companion in a post-apocalypse is needed in order to survive and die together with.
Message 17 of 18 (77 Views)
First Son
11 posts

May 12, 2014
Good food for thought,. I agree as long as theres spmething there in the new game to remind you their ... around.
Message 18 of 18 (47 Views)
0 Likes