Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Re: TLoU better not have LAG

Apr 24, 2013

lol yeah, i know. Asking for no lag is a biit silly.

I was just really upset when I posted this. I had just finished playing online in U2 :smileymad:

But if TLoU is going to have any kind of competitive multiplayer, less lag would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 19 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Apr 24, 2013
I just bought the game 2 days ago.

you have to play online to get Platinum.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 19 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Apr 24, 2013

LMAO! No lag? Seriously some people like the OP are just super super dumb...
If you said "Please don't incorporate functions in the game that require a lot of information to be sent" or something like that, it would make sense.

Every online function has lag to some degree and it's not controllable. It takes time for the internet to get from the house to the servers and back to the house.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 19 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Hey man ease up. Not all of us are tech savvy. He already apologized a couple posts above you if you bothered to read them.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 19 (150 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

Hey man ease up. Not all of us are tech savvy. He already apologized a couple posts above you if you bothered to read them.

^The older the member on this forum, the douchier they are.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 19 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 24, 2013

A sad fate indeed.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 19 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12997 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

If you platinumed the game before the MP trophy update you keep the platinum bro. That's why you have 80% platinum.

The trophy update doesn't matter, you can still get the platinum after the update without attaining the additional trophies.

anyway on topic now.

No game has no lag. That is just impossible. But I think you mean you would like it to not have noticable lag.. To be completely honest, Uncharted is probably the 3rd laggiest game series out there that I've played. I've played a lot of games too.

ND's top priority should be working on netcode. That is something they are getting horribly wrong.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 19 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Apr 25, 2013

TLoU better not have LAG COMPENSATION.

There, fixed.:smileywink:

Uncharted 2 tries to compensate poor connection by having "magical" bullets & other glitchy bs.

I would prefer TLoU NOT connect to a match if the connection is not 4 bars minium.

Anything lower is suffering

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 19 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12997 posts

Apr 25, 2013

studio35 wrote:

TLoU better not have LAG COMPENSATION.

There, fixed.:smileywink:

Uncharted 2 tries to compensate poor connection by having "magical" bullets & other glitchy bs.

I would prefer TLoU NOT connect to a match if the connection is not 4 bars minium.

Anything lower is suffering

It will need some lag compensation. But it needs to not cross the line of obviously helping people with terrible connections.

Theres a happy medium somewhere, it exists in Black Ops 1 and Blood Stone. No lag compensation ends up like Kane and Lynch 2 which just lags for absolutely everyone, Okay it's fair but it's also unplayable with every single player ice skating around like every map is on ice. I'm aware that I also Ice Skate around.

The 4 bars minimum thing is very possible at launch but a year or two from now matchmaking would have to change as the player pool decreases which would just change the game for everyone, it's better to just get the lag compensation working correctly.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 19 (69 Views)
0 Likes