Lombax Warrior
82 posts

Re: The AI is nothing like they showed us.

Jun 7, 2013
I just watched the E3 demo again, and I realize how stupid I must have been. There is no way that the whole game could play out like that. Naughty Dog just scripted the hell out of that portion, to make it look awesome, and build hype for their game. I understand why they did that, but if some AI is lost (which I feel confident is the case), as a consumer, and player, I feel kinda cheated. I hope anticipated this reaction and left as much in as was practical.

I do understand that they do want to make their game look as best as possible, and in the end, it's their project. And we just have to enjoy what we get. Positive attitudes are beneficial in circumstances where we have no control (our opinion may sway developer's directions, but not nearly enough).
Message 41 of 147 (284 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2617 posts

Jun 7, 2013

so how come people like to pick apart games like this for not being like e3

but not something like bioshock infinite for not being like e3 either

TOO METAL

2metal4me
Message 42 of 147 (276 Views)
Wastelander
769 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Cheerioah wrote:
I just watched the E3 demo again, and I realize how stupid I must have been. There is no way that the whole game could play out like that. Naughty Dog just scripted the hell out of that portion, to make it look awesome, and build hype for their game. I understand why they did that, but if some AI is lost (which I feel confident is the case), as a consumer, and player, I feel kinda cheated. I hope anticipated this reaction and left as much in as was practical.

I do understand that they do want to make their game look as best as possible, and in the end, it's their project. And we just have to enjoy what we get. Positive attitudes are beneficial in circumstances where we have no control (our opinion may sway developer's directions, but not nearly enough).

You're working yourself up over an A.I. system you haven't even played with.

sig.png

Message 43 of 147 (276 Views)
Lombax Warrior
82 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Very true. And I know I haven't played any of it, but I'm confident that it will not play as the E3 demo was portrayed.
Message 44 of 147 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
624 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Your friend was playing on easy.try hard
Message 45 of 147 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2013

Play slowly and let the A.I be smart. If you bum rush and scurry around the level like a chicken with it's head cut off, the A.I will obviously follow suite.

Look how smoothly they're playing during the E3 demo, they're letting the A.I react, they're not just smashing heads.

sig.png

Message 46 of 147 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
82 posts

Jun 7, 2013
I don't want to give the impression of anger or complaint. Just some general disappointment. Don't go on with the condescending "Gee, you haven't played it yet, so don't judge." You haven't either, and we're on the Last of Us forums, because we're all excited for this game. And it's cause for disappointment when something is taken away from us that we've gotten excited for.
Message 47 of 147 (223 Views)
Wastelander
769 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Cheerioah wrote:
I don't want to give the impression of anger or complaint. Just some general disappointment. Don't go on with the condescending "Gee, you haven't played it yet, so don't judge." You haven't either, and we're on the Last of Us forums, because we're all excited for this game. And it's cause for disappointment when something is taken away from us that we've gotten excited for.

I wasn't being condescending? All I said is wait for the game to release and play it the way you want to play...

sig.png

Message 48 of 147 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
82 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Not you Smiley Happy
I was referring to ALL the comments on this thread that say something like that. I can't quote using and IPhone.
Message 49 of 147 (209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jun 7, 2013

PsiloCube wrote:

Play slowly and let the A.I be smart. If you bum rush and scurry around the level like a chicken with it's head cut off, the A.I will obviously follow suite.

Look how smoothly they're playing during the E3 demo, they're letting the A.I react, they're not just smashing heads.

He was playing slowly and actually trying to bait reactions out of them. At that point in time is when it actually hit me that we have all been played.

Message 50 of 147 (252 Views)
0 Likes