Jun 07 2013
By: Sickslol First Son 24 posts

The AI is nothing like they showed us.

146 replies 1367 views Edited Jun 7, 2013

Sorry to dissappoint everyone, but the AI no different than Uncharted. I have been watching a buddy of mine play the game over a livestream and the AI acts nothing like what we saw in the E3 gameplay and the extended demo where the guy kept running away and hiding after all of his buddies died. I knew it was too good to be true because in the actual game the AI are dumb as bricks and just run at you with their fists even though you have a shotgun pointing at them. 

They also do NOT respond to you firing an empty weapon, nor do they beg for their lifes if you pull a gun on them after knocking them to the ground like the E3 demo. Sorry guys, but the AI is no better than Uncharted Smiley Sad. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am extremely dissappointed because that was a major selling point for me. The rest of the game is still awesome though!

Message 1 of 147 (1,367 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: The AI is nothing like they showed us.

Jun 7, 2013

Sickslol wrote:

Sorry to dissappoint everyone, but the AI no different than Uncharted. I have been watching a buddy of mine play the game over a livestream and the AI acts nothing like what we saw in the E3 gameplay and the extended demo where the guy kept running away and hiding after all of his buddies died. I knew it was too good to be true because in the actual game the AI are dumb as bricks and just run at you with their fists even though you have a shotgun pointing at them. 

They also do NOT respond to you firing an empty weapon, nor do they beg for their lifes if you pull a gun on them after knocking them to the ground like the E3 demo. Sorry guys, but the AI is no better than Uncharted Smiley Sad. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am extremely dissappointed because that was a major selling point for me. The rest of the game is still awesome though!

So ND showed us something awesome only to take it away from us again?

Typical Scum Bag Naughty Dog...

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 2 of 147 (1,354 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Probably a good thing, If it was that hard 90% of people would never finish it.

Message 3 of 147 (1,342 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Proof you played the game?

Message 4 of 147 (1,330 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4237 posts

Jun 7, 2013

What difficulty is your friend playing on?

UMG Support Supervisor/Uncharted 4 Head Admin.
Message 5 of 147 (1,293 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

Jun 7, 2013

In the reviews I've seen, the AI is much better than Uncharted. Also, it depends what difficulty you're on. Just as the AI in Uncharted is better on Crushing than it is on Easy. I also watched the gameplay where Bruce Straley played the Pittsburgh demo, it was pretty good. Even if it was the same as Uncharted, the game is still amazing.

Message 6 of 147 (1,284 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Yeah cause a 108 reviewers got it wrong. Sorry, this stikes me as a whine post, OP

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 7 of 147 (1,260 Views)
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Last time with UC3, the E3 trailer looked amazing, and then the game came out with a different Chloe model, changed lighting, and worse anti aliasing than UC2. This however, is not acceptable to me at all. The E3 showing where the enemies reacted so well to everything you did with dialogue and realistic behavior had me completely sold on the game. And now, it's all a lie again ? Just more brainless enemies running at you to be shot down in droves ? Nope, that's not going to work for me. I can't stand being shown something amazing and then seeing it just wiped from the final product. If that's true, I'm waiting for a price drop, as that was actually the thing I remember most from the E3 showing, and the thing that impressed me the most with regards to the elements of the gameplay.

No more "He's got a gun !" *takes cover and sounds flooded with adrenaline* "Where'd he go ? Is he alone ?!" No on the fly behavior or dialogue to add tension to the scene and make the enemies seem super attentive ? So that moment that had everyone cheering at E3 when the guy on the floor holds out his hand begging for his life at the end of the stage demo, and Joel takes his head off with the disarmed shotgun, . . . not even possible anymore ? If, ... IF, that's true, I would really like some answers, and can't wait to play the dumbed down version in a years time when the price has gone down.

Message 8 of 147 (1,255 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Sickslol wrote:

AI is NOT an easy thing to program. I've seen how AI is run in the game engine and it is just insane. I've never seen a game with AI that runs smoothly and intelligently while being realistic and not just insanely difficult. Good example; F.E.A.R. REALLY smart AI, too smart, it is actually difficult and it's inconsistent with how it reacts, there is no human error it's just smart AI.

I'm kinda concerned with what is being said, but at the same time, I think everyone is trying to be a "smart editor/critic guy" acting like they work for a magazine or something. I'll be the judge when I play, and if you know me, you'd know I don't nit pick at every single thing. So I'll probably let it slide unless it's just blatantly bad.

Message 9 of 147 (1,252 Views)
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Sickslol wrote: nor do they beg for their lifes

They still do this, I've seen it in a few review videos. I'll look for them when I get home.

Message 10 of 147 (1,248 Views)
0 Likes