Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: The AI is nothing like they showed us.

Jun 7, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

Sickslol wrote:

Sorry to dissappoint everyone, but the AI no different than Uncharted. I have been watching a buddy of mine play the game over a livestream and the AI acts nothing like what we saw in the E3 gameplay and the extended demo where the guy kept running away and hiding after all of his buddies died. I knew it was too good to be true because in the actual game the AI are dumb as bricks and just run at you with their fists even though you have a shotgun pointing at them. 

They also do NOT respond to you firing an empty weapon, nor do they beg for their lifes if you pull a gun on them after knocking them to the ground like the E3 demo. Sorry guys, but the AI is no better than Uncharted :smileysad:. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am extremely dissappointed because that was a major selling point for me. The rest of the game is still awesome though!

AI is NOT an easy thing to program. I've seen how AI is run in the game engine and it is just insane. I've never seen a game with AI that runs smoothly and intelligently while being realistic and not just insanely difficult. Good example; F.E.A.R. REALLY smart AI, too smart, it is actually difficult and it's inconsistent with how it reacts, there is no human error it's just smart AI.

I'm kinda concerned with what is being said, but at the same time, I think everyone is trying to be a "smart editor/critic guy" acting like they work for a magazine or something. I'll be the judge when I play, and if you know me, you'd know I don't nit pick at every single thing. So I'll probably let it slide unless it's just blatantly bad.

I wish people would quit making excueses for ND...

They advertised the game at E3 with superior AI, and upon release they give us a dumbed down AI... 

Uncharted 3 shenanigans all over again.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 11 of 147 (612 Views)
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Jun 7, 2013

So there's a chance that may still exist depending on your difficulty level ? I just want this to still be everywhere in the game, and I want it badly. I hate being duped with E3 and trailers that make you excited for something you never end up seeing.

Message 12 of 147 (605 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1995 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Good lord, just wait until you actually get the game or see actual gameplay when the game comes out and then the decision on whether the AI was dumbed down was true or not. Let's not make sweeping generalizations.

Message 13 of 147 (590 Views)
Fender Bender
4078 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Eye your trusting someone who may or may not even have the game, much less be telling the truth about the game. Play the game a judge it yourself instead of what other people say
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 14 of 147 (579 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Jun 7, 2013

thedeviant105 wrote:

Good lord, just wait until you actually get the game or see actual gameplay when the game comes out and then the decision on whether the AI was dumbed down was true or not. Let's not make sweeping generalizations.

There is just a mass cult of people who will trash anything ND does before they even do it. I like to think most of them have Daddy issues.

Message 15 of 147 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1995 posts

Jun 7, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:
Eye your trusting someone who may or may not even have the game, much less be telling the truth about the game. Play the game a judge it yourself instead of what other people say

Hell, Eye preached about how not making sweeping generalizations when we talked about reviews because we all have not played the game yet. Now, guess what he is doing now?

From Eyecue: "It is important to remember that NONE of you have played the full game yet. Some of you may find yourselves agreeing with the lowest reviews, although it is unlikely since you are all foaming at the mouth over this game like rabid fanboys."

Message 16 of 147 (556 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
562 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Not to mention all the reviewers pretty much said the AI is great, they only complained about ally AI saying sometimes they could get in the way and enemies wouldn't notice them until they noticed you first.

Message 17 of 147 (551 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Jun 7, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

Sickslol wrote:

Sorry to dissappoint everyone, but the AI no different than Uncharted. I have been watching a buddy of mine play the game over a livestream and the AI acts nothing like what we saw in the E3 gameplay and the extended demo where the guy kept running away and hiding after all of his buddies died. I knew it was too good to be true because in the actual game the AI are dumb as bricks and just run at you with their fists even though you have a shotgun pointing at them. 

They also do NOT respond to you firing an empty weapon, nor do they beg for their lifes if you pull a gun on them after knocking them to the ground like the E3 demo. Sorry guys, but the AI is no better than Uncharted :smileysad:. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am extremely dissappointed because that was a major selling point for me. The rest of the game is still awesome though!

AI is NOT an easy thing to program. I've seen how AI is run in the game engine and it is just insane. I've never seen a game with AI that runs smoothly and intelligently while being realistic and not just insanely difficult. Good example; F.E.A.R. REALLY smart AI, too smart, it is actually difficult and it's inconsistent with how it reacts, there is no human error it's just smart AI.

I'm kinda concerned with what is being said, but at the same time, I think everyone is trying to be a "smart editor/critic guy" acting like they work for a magazine or something. I'll be the judge when I play, and if you know me, you'd know I don't nit pick at every single thing. So I'll probably let it slide unless it's just blatantly bad.

They advertised the game at E3 with superior AI, and upon release they give us a dumbed down AI... 

dealwithit.gif

sig.png

Message 18 of 147 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2013

Sickslol wrote:

NUAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

What difficulty was he playing on, those e3 AI was one of the most anticipated things I was waiting for in the game

Message 19 of 147 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Jun 7, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

Sickslol wrote:

Superman Oh no they didn.gif

Oh No You Didn't! Maybe the person who was watching the gameplay didn't really pay attention, was lying, etc.

They Came Without Warning... I Came Without Warning THEM.
Message 20 of 147 (510 Views)
0 Likes