Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 05/01/2013
Offline
769 posts
 

Re: The AI is nothing like they showed us.

Jun 7, 2013

iqbal64255 wrote:

Sickslol wrote:

Sorry to dissappoint everyone, but the AI no different than Uncharted. I have been watching a buddy of mine play the game over a livestream and the AI acts nothing like what we saw in the E3 gameplay and the extended demo where the guy kept running away and hiding after all of his buddies died. I knew it was too good to be true because in the actual game the AI are dumb as bricks and just run at you with their fists even though you have a shotgun pointing at them. 

 

They also do NOT respond to you firing an empty weapon, nor do they beg for their lifes if you pull a gun on them after knocking them to the ground like the E3 demo. Sorry guys, but the AI is no better than Uncharted Smiley Sad. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am extremely dissappointed because that was a major selling point for me. The rest of the game is still awesome though!


NUAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!


Don't worry, that's not true. I've personally seen them react to an empty gun.

sig.png

Message 21 of 147 (394 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/11/2010
Offline
4140 posts
 

Re: The AI is nothing like they showed us.

Jun 7, 2013
Your in the game?
-------------------

What a wasteland it's become
Message 22 of 147 (393 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 05/19/2013
Offline
52 posts
 

Re: The AI is nothing like they showed us.

Jun 7, 2013

you never know, it might be survival instead of hard that does that Smiley Wink 

Message 23 of 147 (384 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/02/2013
Offline
89 posts
 

Re: The AI is nothing like they showed us.

Jun 7, 2013

PsiloCube wrote:

iqbal64255 wrote:

Sickslol wrote:

Sorry to dissappoint everyone, but the AI no different than Uncharted. I have been watching a buddy of mine play the game over a livestream and the AI acts nothing like what we saw in the E3 gameplay and the extended demo where the guy kept running away and hiding after all of his buddies died. I knew it was too good to be true because in the actual game the AI are dumb as bricks and just run at you with their fists even though you have a shotgun pointing at them. 

 

They also do NOT respond to you firing an empty weapon, nor do they beg for their lifes if you pull a gun on them after knocking them to the ground like the E3 demo. Sorry guys, but the AI is no better than Uncharted Smiley Sad. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am extremely dissappointed because that was a major selling point for me. The rest of the game is still awesome though!


NUAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!


Don't worry, that's not true. I've personally seen them react to an empty gun.


Have you played?

They Came Without Warning... I Came Without Warning THEM.
Message 24 of 147 (382 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 05/01/2013
Offline
769 posts
 

Re: The AI is nothing like they showed us.

Jun 7, 2013

Sutton321 wrote:

PsiloCube wrote:

iqbal64255 wrote:

Sickslol wrote:

Sorry to dissappoint everyone, but the AI no different than Uncharted. I have been watching a buddy of mine play the game over a livestream and the AI acts nothing like what we saw in the E3 gameplay and the extended demo where the guy kept running away and hiding after all of his buddies died. I knew it was too good to be true because in the actual game the AI are dumb as bricks and just run at you with their fists even though you have a shotgun pointing at them. 

 

They also do NOT respond to you firing an empty weapon, nor do they beg for their lifes if you pull a gun on them after knocking them to the ground like the E3 demo. Sorry guys, but the AI is no better than Uncharted Smiley Sad. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am extremely dissappointed because that was a major selling point for me. The rest of the game is still awesome though!


NUAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!


Don't worry, that's not true. I've personally seen them react to an empty gun.


Have you played?


I haven't played anything but them demo, but I have watched parts of a stream before it was taken down.

sig.png

Message 25 of 147 (376 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/11/2010
Offline
4140 posts
 

Re: The AI is nothing like they showed us.

Jun 7, 2013
Or a +mode
-------------------

What a wasteland it's become
Message 26 of 147 (375 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 05/01/2013
Offline
769 posts
 

Re: The AI is nothing like they showed us.

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:
Or a +mode

The only difference between the difficulties is your enemy's line of sight, damage taken and supplies that are scattered throughout the game.

sig.png

Message 27 of 147 (370 Views)
First Son
Registered: 12/31/2008
Offline
29 posts
 

Re: The AI is nothing like they showed us.

Jun 7, 2013

Sickslol wrote:

Sorry to dissappoint everyone, but the AI no different than Uncharted. I have been watching a buddy of mine play the game over a livestream and the AI acts nothing like what we saw in the E3 gameplay and the extended demo where the guy kept running away and hiding after all of his buddies died. I knew it was too good to be true because in the actual game the AI are dumb as bricks and just run at you with their fists even though you have a shotgun pointing at them. 

 

They also do NOT respond to you firing an empty weapon, nor do they beg for their lifes if you pull a gun on them after knocking them to the ground like the E3 demo. Sorry guys, but the AI is no better than Uncharted Smiley Sad. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am extremely dissappointed because that was a major selling point for me. The rest of the game is still awesome though!


Sorry but I can't believe a word your saying unless you show us the link to that "livestream". However, if you can show ample proof of this I will genuinely appreciate it.

Message 28 of 147 (366 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/24/2010
Offline
111 posts
 

Re: The AI is nothing like they showed us.

Jun 7, 2013

thedeviant105 wrote:

Good lord, just wait until you actually get the game or see actual gameplay when the game comes out and then the decision on whether the AI was dumbed down was true or not. Let's not make sweeping generalizations.


I would, but if this is true, it's going to be at least a year before that happens for me. I already have games where the enemies just take cover and pop out to be shot like morons. The best part of the E3 video was how amazing the enemies acted to all the things happening around them. People made threads talking about how awesome it was to have the enemies react like that. Then it's just quietly taken out without a word as if no one will notice. Nice.

Message 29 of 147 (358 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 05/01/2013
Offline
769 posts
 

Re: The AI is nothing like they showed us.

Jun 7, 2013

xKITTY_GOT_WETx wrote:

thedeviant105 wrote:

Good lord, just wait until you actually get the game or see actual gameplay when the game comes out and then the decision on whether the AI was dumbed down was true or not. Let's not make sweeping generalizations.


I would, but if this is true, it's going to be at least a year before that happens for me. I already have games where the enemies just take cover and pop out to be shot like morons. The best part of the E3 video was how amazing the enemies acted to all the things happening around them. People made threads talking about how awesome it was to have the enemies react like that. Then it's just quietly taken out without a word as if no one will notice. Nice.


I'm guessing you haven't read any of the new reviews or watched recent gameplay? Nice.

sig.png

Message 30 of 147 (352 Views)
Reply
0 Likes