Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: The AI is nothing like they showed us.

Jun 7, 2013

thedeviant105 wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:
Eye your trusting someone who may or may not even have the game, much less be telling the truth about the game. Play the game a judge it yourself instead of what other people say

Hell, Eye preached about how not making sweeping generalizations when we talked about reviews because we all have not played the game yet. Now, guess what he is doing now?

From Eyecue: "It is important to remember that NONE of you have played the full game yet. Some of you may find yourselves agreeing with the lowest reviews, although it is unlikely since you are all foaming at the mouth over this game like rabid fanboys."

Reviews have mentioned that the AI, has problems, a video of a demo showed that one of the AI enemy ran at an armed and dangerous Joel like an idiot. Right now, it's not looking good for the games AI. You're right that I should wait to play the game. You all should too.

Also ND has set a precedent of showing something amazing (Chloe Uncharted 3 @ E3, Summer Beta (aware its's a beta)) and delivering something below that quality. Honestly, them dropping the ball on that amazing E3 AI wouldn't be surprising. I thought the AI was amazing. It got me hyped for the game, I'm already waiting for a price drop(thank you story DLC,ND) but if ND gave us crappier AI after showing us E3 AI, I'll still wind up feeling gypped.

The thing I hate about this forum is that it's alright to make a sweeping generalization about the game, as long as it's positive. If it's positive everyone just goes along with it, even though they haven't played the game. If it's negative, like the polygon review (which mentioned problems with the AI) everyone loses their minds and starts bashing the negativity away.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 31 of 147 (388 Views)
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Jun 7, 2013

PsiloCube wrote:

xKITTY_GOT_WETx wrote:

thedeviant105 wrote:

Good lord, just wait until you actually get the game or see actual gameplay when the game comes out and then the decision on whether the AI was dumbed down was true or not. Let's not make sweeping generalizations.

I would, but if this is true, it's going to be at least a year before that happens for me. I already have games where the enemies just take cover and pop out to be shot like morons. The best part of the E3 video was how amazing the enemies acted to all the things happening around them. People made threads talking about how awesome it was to have the enemies react like that. Then it's just quietly taken out without a word as if no one will notice. Nice.

I'm guessing you haven't read any of the new reviews or watched recent gameplay? Nice.

No I haven't, I've been on a media blackout, so I'm uninformed and can only go on what people are saying. My earlier posts go in detail saying IF these things are true, IF and only IF. I'd love for the AI to still be in the game, I was looking forward to it like crazy. But it's hard to stay informed while trying not to see too much gameplay or read too many reviews and risk being spoiled. I chose not to see these things on purpose because I didn't even want to see locations you go to or hear lines of dialogue between the main characters to keep everything relatively new. I just knew what had me so excited from the E3 demo and people saying its gone, and I can't watch new stuff to confirm without spoiling something for me so I'm asking those of you who don't care or have seen it before.

Message 32 of 147 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Jun 7, 2013

i remember neil sayin "... the reveal trailer for dead island was not what it showed. not sayin its good or bad, just that it simply was not THAT. were not going to do that". personally when i see these scary threads like this and no immediate response from the OP to the questions asked, they tend to just be scare threads. not sayin i think hes liar face, cuz how would i know. i just hope hes a filthy disgusting liar, who like, eats boogers or something, i dunno. if this is true and its just uncharted AI or whatever, i will cry because those games are such garbage. why would they **bleep** up my whole life by removing the BEST thing about it? could tlou be the most overhyped thing since tamagochis and furby? i dont know what to think ,but these threads always ruin me. isnt the AI what the reveiwers hated mostly?

Alone and forsaken by fate and by man. Oh lord if you hear me please hold my hand. Oh please understand.
Message 33 of 147 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2013

I think we'd all love for that E3 AI to be in the game, and that's why we may or may not be over-reacting.

We know ND likes to take amazing things and turn them into crap.

-Uncharted 2 Multiplayer
-Uncharted 3 Summer 2011 Beta... turned into Uncharted 3: Uncharted 2 1.05 Electric Boogaloo
-Uncharted 3 E3 Chloe
-The Last of Us Enemy AI? Time will tell...

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 34 of 147 (355 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 7, 2013

acousticbf wrote:

i remember neil sayin "... the reveal trailer for dead island was not what it showed. not sayin its good or bad, just that it simply was not THAT. were not going to do that". personally when i see these scary threads like this and no immediate response from the OP to the questions asked, they tend to just be scare threads. not sayin i think hes liar face, cuz how would i know. i just hope hes a filthy disgusting liar, who like, eats boogers or something, i dunno. if this is true and its just uncharted AI or whatever, i will cry because those games are such garbage. why would they **bleep** up my whole life by removing the BEST thing about it? could tlou be the most overhyped thing since tamagochis and furby? i dont know what to think ,but these threads always ruin me. isnt the AI what the reveiwers hated mostly?

You have to reassess your priorities, dude.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 35 of 147 (346 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Jun 7, 2013

I understand that some of you are upset and scared that the AI may not turn out to be what you thought it was so you're calling me a liar, but we all know that ND has a reputation for showing one thing at E3 and releasing something different. I have not played the game myself, but I have been watching my cousin who lives out of state play on his private livestream. I was wrong about the AI not responding to firing empty weapons because I finally saw it happen a few seconds ago. I noticed that it is very rare. The rest of the complaints remain true. The AI is no different than any other game. They don't try and post up in a room to ambush you or anything like we saw in e3, nor do they beg for their lives like the end of the e3 trialer.

Message 36 of 147 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Why would. A live stream be private?
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 37 of 147 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Jun 7, 2013

i dont have to reassess **bleep**. thats pretty much how i speak. thats why i hate blogging or whatever. never know how things are meant to be said by reading. regardless i hope this garbage isnt true. thats all i know

Alone and forsaken by fate and by man. Oh lord if you hear me please hold my hand. Oh please understand.
Message 38 of 147 (323 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jun 7, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:

It was private because he only had it on so me and my friend at work could watch him play.

Message 39 of 147 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Jun 7, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:

Because Naughty Dog are actively searching for live streams to shut down right now. They believe it's important that this game is experienced first-hand and not through video.

sig.png

Message 40 of 147 (304 Views)
0 Likes