Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: The AI is nothing like they showed us.

Jun 7, 2013

PsiloCube wrote:

Cheerioah wrote:
I just watched the E3 demo again, and I realize how stupid I must have been. There is no way that the whole game could play out like that. Naughty Dog just scripted the hell out of that portion, to make it look awesome, and build hype for their game. I understand why they did that, but if some AI is lost (which I feel confident is the case), as a consumer, and player, I feel kinda cheated. I hope anticipated this reaction and left as much in as was practical.

I do understand that they do want to make their game look as best as possible, and in the end, it's their project. And we just have to enjoy what we get. Positive attitudes are beneficial in circumstances where we have no control (our opinion may sway developer's directions, but not nearly enough).

You're working yourself up over an A.I. system you haven't even played with.

So are you.

Wut?

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 61 of 147 (195 Views)
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Jun 7, 2013
The main reason I don't belive him is this... I was programed in the game at e3 the voice acting was done and the motion capture of the thug praying for his life was done.... why take that out? Yea it might be hard to trigger but theres no reason to just take it out
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 62 of 147 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2013

I'm not worked up, I'm waiting to be my own judge!

iceyfire54312 wrote:
The main reason I don't belive him is this... I was programed in the game at e3 the voice acting was done and the motion capture of the thug praying for his life was done.... why take that out? Yea it might be hard to trigger but theres no reason to just take it out

They didn't take it out, it's still there. Neil said this situation is very rare but you will see them beg from time to time.

sig.png

Message 63 of 147 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Sutton321 wrote:

Sickslol wrote:

Sutton321 wrote:

Apparently the guy who posted this thread was just trolling. Read the whole Thread called: "To anyone who has played the game/ watched Youtube videos...have you played the section shown at E3?" because it shows that he is a troll.

Hardly. I ment that I just finished watching it, not that I just finished playing. I understand that you want this gamae to be amazing (and from what I have seen it is!) but there is no reason to try and twist my words to make yourself feel better. What we saw at E3 may be misleading, but the rest of the game is still great.

Twist your words??? Twist my BALLS!!! He's trolling. And I digress. Don't listen to me if you don't want to, but don't listen to sickslol. Also have you notticed that his cousin played to a point in the game that we allknow is in the game?

I used that as an example because it's a section where you get to fight a lot of hunters so it was actually they place where I watched him trying to bait the AI into certain reactions. Although I do see how my comment in the other thread was kind of misleading. I also used that so I wouldn't spoil anything for anyone. If you would really like me to prove it I can always pm you spoilers, but I refuse to do so unless you seriously need proof that bad.

Message 64 of 147 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Jun 7, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:

They didn't take it out, it's still there. Neil said this situation is very rare but you will see them beg from time to time.

sig.png

Message 65 of 147 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Thats my point ^
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 66 of 147 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Jun 7, 2013

OH! I get what you're saying now!

Sickslol wrote:

Sutton321 wrote:

Sickslol wrote:

Sutton321 wrote:

Apparently the guy who posted this thread was just trolling. Read the whole Thread called: "To anyone who has played the game/ watched Youtube videos...have you played the section shown at E3?" because it shows that he is a troll.

Hardly. I ment that I just finished watching it, not that I just finished playing. I understand that you want this gamae to be amazing (and from what I have seen it is!) but there is no reason to try and twist my words to make yourself feel better. What we saw at E3 may be misleading, but the rest of the game is still great.

Twist your words??? Twist my BALLS!!! He's trolling. And I digress. Don't listen to me if you don't want to, but don't listen to sickslol. Also have you notticed that his cousin played to a point in the game that we allknow is in the game?

I used that as an example because it's a section where you get to fight a lot of hunters so it was actually they place where I watched him trying to bait the AI into certain reactions. Although I do see how my comment in the other thread was kind of misleading. I also used that so I wouldn't spoil anything for anyone. If you would really like me to prove it I can always pm you spoilers, but I refuse to do so unless you seriously need proof that bad.

I can google the spoilers too, how is that proof? haha

sig.png

Message 67 of 147 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Sickslol wrote:

Sutton321 wrote:

Sickslol wrote:

Sutton321 wrote:

I might sound like a *bleep* but I'm just being cautious just in case you were/are trolling. I don't want any spoilers cause I'm pretty full of them already. Smiley Very Happy

They Came Without Warning... I Came Without Warning THEM.
Message 68 of 147 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 7, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:
Eye you do realize your on a forum dedicated to very long awaited game, of course there will more optimism than negativity. People are getting mad at you because the other day your saying "remeber guys you haven't played it yet" and today you jump on the "I told you so" boat.

As for that polygon review. .. no one liked it, look on thier youtube, website, other videogame news sites. Very few people agree with them for good reason. I look at the ign and adam reviews and they are these long, well thought out reviews that go into detail about the game and they make it seem like they have gone through the game 5 times.

Then you have polygon that has a 3 min video that summarizes the game and attempts to give these random negitive points for aim and a unhuman actions making it sound like he forgot it was a survival game. Yes they list the Ai but it that really worth 2.5 points? Then I see the other games he rated and think really? That game got higher then last of us.... things just don't add up in the polygon review.

Of course I realize where I am. People are getting mad at me because they don't like my critical point of view. I've had my share of trolls from day one (Renegade, PsiloCube, Arne). Most people don't give a **bleep** what I say, unless they can try to use it against me. 

I like the Polygon review because it shows a different side of things, and helps me gather more information, information that helps the consumer make a decision on how to spend my money. The Polygon review brings up legitamete issues with the game, and demonstrates that the game might not be for everyone. Frankly, I think it is more useful than the sea of positive reviews, because it brings in a different point of view.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 69 of 147 (150 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Sutton321 wrote:

Sickslol wrote:

Sutton321 wrote:

Sickslol wrote:

Sutton321 wrote:

I might sound like a *bleep* but I'm just being cautious just in case you were/are trolling. I don't want any spoilers cause I'm pretty full of them already. Smiley Very Happy

No problem man I completely understand. I apologize if it sounds like I am just trying to hate on the game. Everything I have seen so far looked like crazy fun. I was just really bummed by the misleading AI that we have been shown is all.

Message 70 of 147 (233 Views)
0 Likes