Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Re: The AI is nothing like they showed us.

Jun 7, 2013

Sickslol wrote:

Sorry to dissappoint everyone, but the AI no different than Uncharted. I have been watching a buddy of mine play the game over a livestream and the AI acts nothing like what we saw in the E3 gameplay and the extended demo where the guy kept running away and hiding after all of his buddies died. I knew it was too good to be true because in the actual game the AI are dumb as bricks and just run at you with their fists even though you have a shotgun pointing at them. 

They also do NOT respond to you firing an empty weapon, nor do they beg for their lifes if you pull a gun on them after knocking them to the ground like the E3 demo. Sorry guys, but the AI is no better than Uncharted Smiley Sad. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am extremely dissappointed because that was a major selling point for me. The rest of the game is still awesome though!

Is this you bro? http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1fuez8/so_i_have_been_watching_my_cousin_play_the_last/

"If your choice is to save me over everybody else in the world then...ok. I trust you now and let’s live life.." ~TheVulcanSalute
Message 81 of 147 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Lol this guy is a troll.. First he says I'm watching my buddy play, then he says It's my cousin playing and me and a friend are watching his live stream. **bleep** off.
Message 82 of 147 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Either the guy is trolling or he was watching someone play on Easy mode. There's no way the game would score that highly if the AI was that poor.
Message 83 of 147 (249 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jun 7, 2013

porkytown wrote:
Lol this guy is a troll.. First he says I'm watching my buddy play, then he says It's my cousin playing and me and a friend are watching his live stream. **bleep** off.

I watched my cousin play on a livestream while I was at work (I have a real slow job when it's raining). A friend of mine watched with me. I consider my cousin my best friend so I said buddy. I guess that proves that I am trolling.

Message 84 of 147 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Lol, I guess I'm trying to find anything wrong with your claim. Because without that smart AI.. It's just another Uncharted set in a post-apocalyptic world. Disappointing ND.
Message 85 of 147 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2013

just finished watching a 1.3hr gameplay vid and yeah the AI is not what they make it out to be.  

I could PM anyone the link if they wish to see it.  

Message 86 of 147 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Jun 7, 2013
So it's settled.. the AI is nothing like shown in E3 ?? Wow... I'm suddenly not that excited anymore.
Message 87 of 147 (223 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2013

I thought I was the only one that was concerned about the AI we have seen in the newer footages. But this is kind of tricky because in Sessler's review the player accidentally made sound by stepping on kitchen gears, and the enemy AI reacted to it and said "Do you here that?" And in the Pittsburgh demo the player was trying to be stealthy, and one of the hunters said "C'mon let's go check inside. You check the streets" and when Joel tried to take one of them as a hostage, one of his buddies said "You f*ckin' drop him" and stopped shooting.

So I don't know.

Message 88 of 147 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jun 7, 2013

porkytown wrote:
So it's settled.. the AI is nothing like shown in E3 ?? Wow... I'm suddenly not that excited anymore.

Nope.

It ain't settled until you play the game for yourself and see for yourself.

Message 89 of 147 (199 Views)
Splicer
89 posts

Jun 7, 2013

porkytown wrote:

It's not all bad. The AI Could be like Uncharted 1 AI, but it's not. It's a videogame in this current gen, so it's not going to be perfect. Even Elizabeth in Bioshock Infinite was programmed and scripted (kinda) because she was made to give you health when you needed it, ammo too, and coins just as well.

They Came Without Warning... I Came Without Warning THEM.
Message 90 of 147 (423 Views)
0 Likes