Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
45 posts

Re: The AI is phenomenal (I am 9 hours in, SPOILERFREE!)

Jun 8, 2013
How is the bullet damage? How many bullets does it take to take down human enemies? Will one headshot definitely do it?
With the limited ammo unlike Uncharted I hope the bullets do more damage than they do in Uncharted.
Message 181 of 189 (1,159 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

Jun 8, 2013
@Locked
One headshot does it unless they have a helmet. Sometimes I hit the helmet and it comes off => But another and they're dead. I guess if you aim for the face, it might still kill as long as you miss the helmet on the very few that have it.

Otherwise its like 2-3 shots I believe on normal. Feels like 2 to the chest, but I do reckon ive had to shoot 3 times once. Maybe it depends on where you hit, not entirely sure.
Message 182 of 189 (1,054 Views)
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

Jun 8, 2013
Time to continue the journey, cya for a while!
Message 183 of 189 (1,053 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Jun 8, 2013

LockedUpInside wrote:
How is the bullet damage? How many bullets does it take to take down human enemies? Will one headshot definitely do it?
With the limited ammo unlike Uncharted I hope the bullets do more damage than they do in Uncharted.

I know in Uncharted 2 at least, you could kill almost every non-armored enemy with one headshot. Course they changed that in UC3, where not only does that not really work, but the enemies don't even seem to notice or care that theyve been shot, they dont react all lol. To see how many shots in TLoU, check out Aldro's vid he put up of the E3 section. Seems like it can take a few hits when your aim gets messed with but damage does look fairly high as he kills an enemy with two bullets during the vid.

Message 184 of 189 (1,051 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 9, 2013

Theres also several handguns so it really depends on the gun too I think.

Also guys, ..The horse.. Wow.
Made a topic so those who don't want to know dont have to read it.

Message 185 of 189 (1,013 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Jun 9, 2013
Hey! Been a Lurker here for quite some time.

I think it's great your doing this, but now a question!

How many different melee and context sensitive melee animations have you seen? I'm a sucker for variety. Also! What other small detail to animation have you seen with the characters. Like Joel putting his hand over his head when water drips down. Thanks!
Message 186 of 189 (960 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 9, 2013

rasendory10 wrote:
Hey! Been a Lurker here for quite some time.

I think it's great your doing this, but now a question!

How many different melee and context sensitive melee animations have you seen? I'm a sucker for variety. Also! What other small detail to animation have you seen with the characters. Like Joel putting his hand over his head when water drips down. Thanks!

Would love to know this too, about little details and varied melee animations

Message 187 of 189 (944 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

Jun 9, 2013
@rasendory10
I think there's enough variation to keep things interesting. It never feels like I got the same thing over and over though. Perhaps the actual fist hitting gets a bit repetetive but the finishers have a lot of variation depending on what object you're close to and each object seems to have like more than 1 way of using it, if that makes sense. Like a standard wall has: Up against wall -> Hook, Up against wall -> Smash head in -> Up against wall: Combo flurry and so on.

As for the details such as hand being held above to protect from water, well.. I have a few in mind but its hard to go there without spoiling so I won't mention it, sorry :smileytongue:.
Message 188 of 189 (899 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

Jun 9, 2013
Incase you missed it, I beat the game. Topic is here (spoilerfree ofcourse) =>
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-General/Aldro-just-beat-the-game-Spoiler-FREE/...
Message 189 of 189 (550 Views)
0 Likes