Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

Re: The AI is phenomenal (I am 4 hours in, SPOILER FREE!)

Jun 7, 2013
@Player1x3
You will not be dissapointed. They act like real human beings that are desperate. I feel bad taking lives and I am constantly amazed at how they communicate, the way they move and reach conclusions of sorts. It's really INCREDIBLE.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 189 (696 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Re: The AI is phenomenal (I am 4 hours in, SPOILERFREE!)

Jun 7, 2013

Aldro wrote:

Felt like I'd share this in a new topic too. No spoilers below, I simply discuss the AI =>

You can punch humans down and aim at them just like the E3 demo. They will beg for their lives and if you wait for a while or stop aiming, they will stand back up and rush you for a last attempt.

You can take hostages and everyone are all "Take it easy!"

You clean a room and two people come searching going all "I know you're here! Show yourself!"

The AI will flank you and surprise you constantly.

The only thing that I haven't seen that was in the E3 demo was the very last moment with the cutscene like play where one guy jumps on Joel, Ellie stabs him in the back, and it all seemingly blends.

But Ellie still does stab people in the back to save you when you're struggling which is pretty much the exact same thing.

The struggle tap square also create those mini cutscenes and the whole context sensitive melee gameplay is amazing. You can't counter as far as I can tell. But in midst of Square square square, the opponent might dodge, and THEN you are presented with the chance to block and push him back by the usage of Triangle.

In short =>
The AI is like the E3 demo from what I feel. And I am only 4 hours in. If you take your time and play the same scenario over and over, you will be able to capture some really amazing moments and eventually make your own "E3 video". It really feels like you're taking lives.

So when you say clean a room, Do You Mean: "If you take supplies and enemies come back in the room, they'll know some items are missing and they'll know someone is there?"

They Came Without Warning... I Came Without Warning THEM.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 189 (694 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Aldro, thanks for clearing that up. I had strong doubts that these complaints about the AI were legitimate, it's good to see a positive thread in this moaning season. Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 189 (681 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

Jun 7, 2013
@Cvbxsta
I think that had to do with the fact that Joel just aquired a gun and he saw him reload it which made him flee.

It feels like the AI takes this into account because like I stated above: I am loaded with ammo and such stuff xD. But I have seen runners for instance: Run and gather friends and then come back and get me.

Also at one point, I hit this guy with the butt of my pistol and his friend saw it and went running. I chased him down as he was heading to a room that I later found out to have two guys in it. It felt like he was going for reinforcements or something here too. In short: It feels like it could be possible.

The AI is really outstanding. It's hard to predict what they do and when they do something, you tend to be amazed.

It also depends on how well you play. If you go guns blazing and they have the numbers on you, they might just all go for it. But if you capture one of them, and play a bit with you know.. real tension and drama in mind: You sure will be in for a treat!
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 189 (675 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Jun 7, 2013

What difficulty do you recommend playing on for a realistic and enjoyable playthrough. I do not want a incredibly difficult playthrough, but I want the full experience. I'm guessing normal difficulty?

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 189 (675 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

Jun 7, 2013
@Chaystic
I haven't checked that, I will get back to you as I jump in again in a few minutes.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 189 (675 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Also, I am gonna play the E3 section EXACTLY like ND did, to see how good AI really is.  I must've watched that video like billion times by now, i know it backwards.

First I'll strangle the guy by the drower, then im gonna wait to get myself spotted, then im gonna miss the ''**bleep**'' guy on purpose and take cover behind the couch. Then Im gonna kill the guy who was going towards me with 2 shots. Then, Im gonna run away to to other room, where hopefully the guy with the pipe is gonna ambush me. I'll take him as a hostage shiled and use him to kill the guy with the gunn behind the couch. Afterwards, Im gonna knock the hostage out. By that point, I'll have 0 bullets left and im gonna fire an empty shot to get the brick guy to come foward. Then Ellie will hopefully throw something at him and I'll rush him with a melee attack.

Afterwards, I'll craft the molotov and burn one of the 2 guys. Then I'll take cover and ambush the guy with the shotgun and knock him out. Then I hope that the headshot guy will suprise me with a plank and Elie saves me and I blast his head off with a shotgun.

I'll play the dame in the exact same way like ND did, and Im gonna see if the AI is really as good as it is. Hopefully, i wont be dissapointed

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 189 (669 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

Jun 7, 2013
@Sutton321
I meant more the fact that I hit someone and killed him. Then hidd behind a box. I heard a guy say "What the **bleep**" but I am not using listening mode so I had no idea where he was. It sounded from the far hall of sorts. He then comes creeping into the room going "I KNOW YOU'RE HERE!". I'm like.. **bleep** xD, throw a bottle and smash him against the wall and finish him with a hook <3

Also guys: Playing the game without listening mode is FULLY possible. I haven't reached a single moment where I feel like I can't do it without it. I have it disabled and it just forces you to play carefully and not enter every area without being careful.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 189 (661 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Sounds awesome, I don't have to worry about the AI anymore it seems.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 189 (660 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
469 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Aldro wrote:
@Chaystic
I haven't checked that, I will get back to you as I jump in again in a few minutes.

Thanks again. :smileyhappy:

---
PSN: Chaystic

add me.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 189 (656 Views)
0 Likes