I Only Post Everything
884 posts

Re: The AI is phenomenal (I am 4 hours in, SPOILERFREE!)

Jun 7, 2013
@Cvbxsta
Don't have an account there but cool Smiley Tongue Haters gonn' hate!
Message 81 of 189 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2013

Hi Aldro, can you please tell me if you can still disarm ennemies juste like the guy with the shotgun in the E3 demo?

Also, does Joel have the same ammo pick up animation? Can you pick up ammo like the demo?

Thanks.

Message 82 of 189 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Jun 7, 2013
@Aldro.... Is there any concept art or making of like UC2?
Message 83 of 189 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2013

Is the opening as legendary as literally everyone is saying?

----

Aldro wrote:
@Olokazu
The slamming Joel on the desk in PARTICULAR hasn't happend but Ellie constantly shouts: BEHIND YOU, or TO YOUR LEFT and I am able to help myself with that. Sometimes she doesn't see them though and then yeah, they will surprise me by striking me, or grabbing me. Really clever and sneaky AI.

Now I have reached the E3 area folkes. Here's the biggest issue in order to replica what we saw:
The enemies are all kind of differently placed with different weapons. NO ONE has NO weapons. Hence drawing your gun might sometimes make them run and hide at the closest corner, but ultimately rush you eventually (if not directly depending on how close you are).

What about that part in the extended demo when the AI grabbed Joel, tried to hold for another enemy to shoot, then Joel countered and the enemy accidently shot his buddy?

-----

ABDI-75 wrote:

Hi Aldro, can you please tell me if you can still disarm ennemies juste like the guy with the shotgun in the E3 demo?

Would like to know this too

Message 84 of 189 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
623 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Ha ha, this thread should be named "Q&A with Aldro"

But cool that you are taking time to answer all those questions. Smiley Happy
Message 85 of 189 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Stefdk wrote:
Ha ha, this thread should be named "Q&A with Aldro"

But cool that you are taking time to answer all those questions. Smiley Happy

Yeah, you must be tired for answering questions. But we all appreciate it!

Message 86 of 189 (220 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
884 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Also regarding the gun clicking:
It seems that you need to trigger it in a specific way. Like the tension needs to be low, like you're both behind cover or so.

Or maybe they see the guns I have on my back because it's difficult right now to trigger it compared to my first attempt earlier on in the game. I still occasionally get the "AHA GOTCHA NOW" and that guy rushes me. But it's not entirely obvious if you're not paying attention Smiley Tongue. Its there though, for sure. In the E3 it was just one guy so it was easier to see. I tried it now with one and I got a similar reaction.

I also smacked down the last guy and put my shotgun to his face. It zoomed in JUST like the E3 demo, and I was getting ready to blow his brains up.. but I backed up slowly and then ran as I heard he shouted "YOU FKERRRRR". So I did a 360 turn, slowly walked around the corner while aiming my shotgun.. he was nowhere to be found. I quickly saw him run and hide in another room. I went after him, and then he just came at me but I quickly killed him.

So yeah, I did infact see some of the hide and seek. But you really have to TRY and get it and its not exactly AS LONG as the E3 extended. But you can tell that these things are there, only that the system is rather deep and since you have so many guns and the situation is generally different: You cant just get things to happen however you want it to. That's kind of the charm. It keeps things fresh.
Message 87 of 189 (217 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Aldo, when you started this thread, did you realize you'd have to answer 1000 questions? LOL, you rock for answering them all, dude!!!

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 88 of 189 (208 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
884 posts

Jun 7, 2013
@ABDI-75
That has not happend to me, but somehow I was hitting someone with a wooden plank and I.. lost my gun! No idea if it was a glitch or not, but I picked it up again (it was laying right infront of me) and it said "Aquired new gun". I thought that was really cool but no idea how that happend. Maybe they hit me really hard so I dropped it? xD

Joel just takes out his arm and gets the ammo. If you reload you can see him do that kind of stuff, but you won't see him actually empty the guns. I think that's clever since it would be too much of a nuisance to see him do it every time.

@thefisrtofus
I haven't checked sorry. Might get back to you later.
Message 89 of 189 (204 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
884 posts

Jun 7, 2013
@cvbxsta
I have been grabbed from behind but not shot by someone else during it, they are all rather close since they all are armed. But when I was grabbed, one of them was pummeling me in my stomach as I was being held trying to get out haha.

Once you get out, you headbutt them and then you can grab them instead just like the E3 extended demo.

Once again: No. I don't think you can disarm the weapon of others. But if you hit people to the point where they are crawling on the ground (1 hit from dying, asuming you avoided to hit their skulls in against a wall or object) : Then you can aim the shotgun at them and get the exact same reaction at the E3 where they plead for their life and then blow them up or.. don't and they will rush you (or if you actually run away and then turn, they will hide and try to rush you in due time).
Message 90 of 189 (196 Views)
0 Likes