Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

Re: The David Appreciation Thread

Jan 31, 2014

I posted this lookalike a while ago but it's worth posting again for anyone who hasn't seen it..................

photo lastdavid.jpg 

He's an actor called John Hawkes.

Message 71 of 194 (365 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Jan 31, 2014

no1_narwhal_fan wrote:

I posted this lookalike a while ago but it's worth posting again for anyone who hasn't seen it..................

photo lastdavid.jpg 

Looks like it's movie time Smiley Very Happy

young beard signature
Message 72 of 194 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Jan 31, 2014

conquerator3 wrote:
David for president!
Imagine the possibilities!

Will he be sorrounded by teenage girls?!

young beard signature
Message 73 of 194 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11295 posts

Feb 1, 2014

no1_narwhal_fan wrote:

snip

Wow! I usually think actors look nothing like the characters they're supposed to be, but this guy takes the cake! They really look alike, for the most part.

Message 74 of 194 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
10988 posts

Feb 1, 2014
Now that I think about it...

You never see David and Tommy at the same time...

Hmmm?

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 75 of 194 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Feb 1, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:
Now that I think about it...

You never see David and Tommy at the same time...

Hmmm?

What do you propose?!

young beard signature
Message 76 of 194 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Feb 1, 2014

YoungBeard wrote:

conquerator3 wrote:
David for president!

Yes! He'll have a whole harem of teenage ladies!

Message 77 of 194 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Feb 1, 2014

FrigidDawn wrote:

conquerator3 wrote:
We are a bit picky aren't we?
David wasn't. He took the first young lady that crossed his path.

Take that for a good personality trait! Smiley Very Happy

Haha Thanks man I'll take the compliment! Seriously tho she's a little young for me lol.

As far as David's little crush on Ellie, I think he was very impressed with her right from the moment he met her. I think I even saw his jeans twitch a little when she had her bow on them. When he says the line "You'll put one right between my eyes?" you can practically HEAR him thinking, "God she's SO cool!" Then after the big fight/standoff with the infected, well... I can't blame him. I WAS pretty impressive. Smiley Tongue

He really wanted to win her over. It started with sucking up to her with compliments and trying to prove what a good guy he was by giving her the medicine even against James' protests. Unfortunately for him Ellie had too good of a BS detector and she could tell he was acting (couldn't we all?). Then he tries to feed her what was probably more food than she'd eaten in a week. In his mind he WAS being honest and trying to help her. However it was just another tactic to try and get her to let her guard down. Of course when none of this worked he decided to go the "fear relegates respect" route.

Truth is he went about it all wrong! If I wanted to manipulate Ellie I would've used very different tactics. First of all I probably wouldn't have locked her up in a room full of mutilated bodies. "Welcome to our town, Ellie! Have you ever read a Stephen King novel?" Seriously what reaction was he expecting?? Second, James's face or even David's is not the first she should've seen when she woke up. I would've asked one of the townswomen to look after her until she came to. Another, kind, woman's presence would've made her much more comfortable. Ellie would say something like "that freak David...blah blah blah..." and the woman would've said "Oh David's a good guy he takes care of us all blah blah blah..." Let her build him up a bit. This will allow Ellie's guard to start coming down. NOW enter David, "I'm so glad you're ok. Don't worry you're safe now... yada yada..." You see how this works? That is how you catch an Ellie. MUCH better than her waking up in their human slaughterhouse. "Don't mind the smell of rotting flesh or the strewn body parts it's just an arts and crafts project. Hungry?"

Now you may be saying "but he HAD to lock her up because the men wanted her dead." This is simply a minor inconvenience for someone as charismatic as David. He could have convinced the men that she was simply a loyal follower to her leader and that she would be a very valuable addition... BS BS BS.... OR, and this would've been MY approach, he could've told the woman looking after Ellie that the man she was traveling with killed some of their people and the men are "seeking retribution against this poor girl who was simply caught in the middle of a difficult conundrum. So please look after her and don't tell anyone she's here until I can convince the men not to harm her." Problem solved and Ellie is on her way to being your pet. There were a myriad of ways to handle that situation and David chose the dumbest possible one.

Sheesh, maybe I should've offered David my services as an advisor. That James dude was freaking worthless!

PS: Wow, sorry this post ran so long!

Wow that is insanely creepy. Why is it that the General Discussion part of these forums bring out the strangest people?

PS: Lol After reading this somebody should probably call the cops or something

Message 78 of 194 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Feb 1, 2014
If you don't like what you see here, turn back while you can Smiley Wink
Message 79 of 194 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Feb 1, 2014

conquerator3 wrote:

YoungBeard wrote:

conquerator3 wrote:
David for president!

Yes! He'll have a whole harem of teenage ladies!

What!! Smiley Surprised

Can.... can I join him?! Or do I need to have certain requirements?

young beard signature
Message 80 of 194 (301 Views)
0 Likes