Aug 23 2013
By: LtnDansLegs First Son 3 posts

The Ending *spoilers*

5 replies 233 views Edited Aug 23, 2013

Joel's decision. Was it really fair to Ellie?

What kind of life will Ellie really have? From the recordings and such in the hospital Ellie is highly contagious. She will never be able to have relationship with anyone other than a platonic one. She will never get to experience the love between partners or have children (if she wanted them).

I guess it is better than no life at all, which is what happens to everyone else who gets bitten. But I wonder if she will end up being content with her life as it is. Well as content as anyone can be in that world.

Message 1 of 6 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11595 posts

Re: The Ending *spoilers*

Aug 24, 2013

LtnDansLegs wrote:

Joel's decision. Was it really fair to Ellie?

What kind of life will Ellie really have? From the recordings and such in the hospital Ellie is highly contagious. She will never be able to have relationship with anyone other than a platonic one. She will never get to experience the love between partners or have children (if she wanted them).

I guess it is better than no life at all, which is what happens to everyone else who gets bitten. But I wonder if she will end up being content with her life as it is. Well as content as anyone can be in that world.

Ellie shoulda deserved to die.

I will never forgive her for stealing Bill's magazines. 

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 2 of 6 (220 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Aug 24, 2013
I don't think she is contagious guys...
Her mutated cordiceps has no symptoms... Also she directly assisted Joel in many occasions when he was bleeding... She treated his wounds... If she.really were contagious, Joel would be infected by now.
She lied to David to save merely herself.
Message 3 of 6 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Aug 24, 2013

conquerator3 wrote:
I don't think she is contagious guys...
Her mutated cordiceps has no symptoms... Also she directly assisted Joel in many occasions when he was bleeding... She treated his wounds... If she.really were contagious, Joel would be infected by now.
She lied to David to save merely herself.

But Ellie didn't bite/scratch Joel at any point, though. Yes, she treated Joel's wounds, but Ellie didn't bleed at those points I suppose.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 4 of 6 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Aug 24, 2013

It can't be the actual act of biting or scratching that infects a person, in TLoU or any other zombie-esque existence.  It's the dna material that interacts with the victim that causes the infection.  So, it's true that all of Ellie's care for Joel would have likely infected him over the course of their journey.

I believe also that Ellie was simply trying to save herself from David, by stating that she is infected.  Now, to be fair, she doesn't actually know either.  It may have crossed her mind from time to time, that she 'could' be doomed to live alone, but she doesn't actually know.  It's only at the end of the game that we learn she is not infectious.  The cordycep mutated incorrectly (per it's goal) at the brain stem and became harmless in Ellie.

Message 5 of 6 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Aug 24, 2013
Druckman and stalley stated on reddit that Ellie can infect ppl through bites or scratches. *hint* she can't technically have love interests.
Message 6 of 6 (163 Views)
0 Likes