Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Re: The Last Of Us Is The Worst Of Naughty Dog.

Aug 21, 2013

I'll say!

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 26 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Aug 21, 2013

Congratulations, you've officially joined a grand total of three people that share the same opinion. What I don't understand is, why post this on a The Last of Us fan site?

sig.png

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 26 (225 Views)
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Aug 22, 2013
I don't think it's the worst thing ND has done. I think they wanted to do something different. Yes the beginning is slow, almost like a RPG, but it does pick up some. I think alot of people are use to the fast pace action of the uncharted series.Ive been playing it and I'm struggling through it, cause I'm use to UC speed but I'm not gonna hate on it, it's a good game. I guess what I'm trying to say is if they truly made it a RPG instead of little elements of a RPG I would be loving it. Naughty Dog makes awesome games.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 26 (180 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
864 posts

Aug 22, 2013

Great game, gameplay needed more polish.

I would've wanted:

- 3 way battles between yourself, infected, and enemy humans.

- More control over melee. It really was pretty much limited to pressing square and watching Joel do things. I'm not saying Joel should be doing Luu Kang Dragon kicks but, just more control in general would've been nice. Ability to take enemies to the ground for instance would've been cool. Maybe the game should even of used the right stick for melee.

- The maps were really linear. Usually only 1 way to go, ND could've given more space for alternate routes. Not asking for total sandbox game, just like 3 different paths to get to the next part.

- With friendly AI, I wish they went the RE4 way. Having enemies run into your AI partners and nothing happening really took away from the tension.

Great story and atmosphere of an apocalyptic world, not the greatest gameplay though.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 26 (175 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1331 posts

Aug 22, 2013

I reaaly hope ND does TLoU II :]

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 26 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Aug 22, 2013

I'm confused by the camera response you mentioned fstopover.  Do you mean that, let's say a mob is coming up from behind you.  Do you want, or were you expecting, for the camera to turn toward it automatically, or to have an option to click to 'target' the mob, effectively forcing the camera to look toward it?  This would be a 'lock on' mechanic, if that helps.

As far as I'm concerned btw, I consider the first Uncharted the worst ND game.  The ridiculously wonky shooting made it unplayable, and I never even made it more than an hour in.  I just couldn't take it.  I'm glad this was tweaked in future titles.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 26 (130 Views)
0 Likes