Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 21 2013
By: fstopover Lombax Warrior 251 posts

The Last Of Us Is The Worst Of Naughty Dog.

25 replies 710 views Edited Aug 21, 2013

As beautiful as the game looks I find the gameplay tedious and boring.

I've always loved Naughty Dog games. I wish that they'd made the game play as wonderful as the graphics. Maybe they should've saved the release from PS4 and worked on making the game playable?

Message 1 of 26 (710 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1432 posts

Re: The Last Of Us Is The Worst Of Naughty Dog.

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2013
Message 2 of 26 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2013

fstopover wrote:

As beautiful as the game looks I find the gameplay tedious and boring.

I've always loved Naughty Dog games. I wish that they'd made the game play as wonderful as the graphics. Maybe they should've saved the release from PS4 and worked on making the game playable?

Why fix something that is already (close to) perfect (no game is perfect, there is always something to fix or add). What you are saying is an opinion - and an opinion of the minority. Truly a minority. You're in around 5% that actually dislikes the gameplay for tediousness.

The game starts slowly, yes. It has walking parts, yes. It isn't non-stop Michael Bay action with explosions + lens flares all around... yes.

None of these points are worthy of hating, unless you've gotten used to games like Prototype or something, where you can run like Usain Bolt and jump all around (I admit that game is fun too). But The Last of Us is more of a story or an experience, which is why it has walking parts with exceptionally fun-or-interesting-to-listen dialogue and such.

Also, you need to understand Joel is a human, and he hasn't trained karate or anything, he is just a normal guy. That is the reason his fighting may appear slow - and he is close to his 50's (in a world without modern health care too, we need to remember society has been doing bad 20 years), meaning he can't run/move/climb as fast as e.g. Nathan Drake for just immersion.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 3 of 26 (676 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Aug 21, 2013

Oh yes, the game boring and tedious, it makes perfect sense with all the awards, praise and 10/10s it's gotten!

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 4 of 26 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Aug 21, 2013
Did the ending not satisfy your needs too?
Message 5 of 26 (656 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Aug 21, 2013

I even enjoyed playing "The Walking Dead" which a largely story telling experience. It just tells the story at a faster pace,

I just expected something better than "The Last Of Us" from Naughty Dog.

Naughty Dog has always used the controller effectively until this unplayable ( for me ) game came along.

I wish I could unload it for more than the retail stores pay for used games.

I've pre-ordered a PS4 and a few PS4 games. Now I'm not sure that I can trust any of the reviews. "The Last Of Us" was critically acclaimed but I bought it because it was a Naughty Dog game. If I'd bought it on the basis of reviews I would've felt that the reviewers fell in love with the appearance of the game and then tried to justify the lousy game play and the disfunctional way in which the controller works.

I could reset my playing on the easiest setting and just enjoy the graphics... But I don't want to do that.

Message 6 of 26 (649 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1950 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2013

I don't think I've ever gotten bored in the numerous playthroughs I've had. and I thought the gameplay was brilliant.

Message 7 of 26 (647 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Aug 21, 2013
Different games for different folks. But I expected something better from Naughty Dog.
Message 8 of 26 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Aug 21, 2013
I don't see how you were good at other ND and suck on TLOU. The control's on uncharted aren't that different. Please explain to me how the controls are "lousy". If you struggled playing the game that I can understand. What kinda control's did YOU want?
Message 9 of 26 (613 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Aug 21, 2013
Movement was unresponsive and the "camera physics" ( if that's what it's called ) did not allow me to respond to what was happening around me quickly. I don't know how to put this obviously. But I found the game hard to play because of this, unlike the recent Drake game by ND.
Message 10 of 26 (604 Views)
0 Likes