Feb 05 2013
By: Black_Chamber Lombax Warrior 185 posts

The Last Of Us Official Wishlist Thread

[ Edited ]
58 replies 737 views Edited Feb 5, 2013

Post your hopes and desires for this highly anticipated game right here in this thread.

Maybe the talented guys at Naughty Dog will see your idea/gripe and add/fix the issue. Who knows? Smiley Wink

1). I would like to see the sound effects for bursting/smashing heads changed into an original sound effect done by Naughty Dog's sound team. It gets tiring to hear the same "squish" stock sound effect  for this type of action in every game and movie I see.

2). Another improvement would be to add the camera motion from the e3 demo back into the final build of the game if possible. It was silky-smooth and it looks a little different in the alpha-build we saw recently. The animation looks different too - but maybe that's just me.

"The only thing evil needs to succeed is for good men to do nothing."
Message 1 of 59 (737 Views)
Sackboy
354 posts

Re: The Last Of Us Official Wishlist Thread

Feb 5, 2013

Polish the hell out of the MP. And don't make it noob friendly.

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 2 of 59 (707 Views)
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I don't get your second wishlist.  The camera zoom-in, motion blur, and the animations looks exactly the same, only the HUD changed. I could have shown you if this darn site lets me post gifs.

Message 3 of 59 (684 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Feb 6, 2013

A new game+ with alot of replay value. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 59 (679 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Feb 6, 2013
^Yeah I think NG+ was confirmed in that GI podcast posted ages ago. But ND hasn't said anything since, so fingers crossed they haven't forgotten about it.
 photo 492afe7a-5d47-473d-9476-3a8036a31d5b_zps4955703f.jpg
Message 5 of 59 (677 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2414 posts

Feb 6, 2013

harrisj16 wrote:

Polish the hell out of the MP. And don't make it noob friendly.

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 6 of 59 (672 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

My wishlists are;

1, Please, don't make objects come out of nowhere. If you remember back at E3, the molotav cocktail magically appears on Joels hand.

Solution: make animations.

2, Please, don't make objects keep appearing and disappearing. If you watch closely on some of the melee attacks, Joel's gun keeps appearing and disappearing, depending on the situation.

Solution: Make Joel drop the gun on the ground, during melee fights.

3, Please, don't make objects get stuck on Joel's back. And again if you remember, on the extended demo. The pipe magically gets stuck on Joel's back.

Solution: Make Joel hold a weapon with his other hand, like Max Payne 3 for example.

4, Return the ammo picking up animation from the E3 demo. On the extended demo Joel grabs on a dead guy and he magically collects all the ammo the dead guy got, but on the E3 demo he actually picks up the gun and drop it after emptying.

Solution: Return the animation.

5, Remove those darn glowing pet peeves.

Message 7 of 59 (662 Views)
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

I'm getting everything I initially wanted out of SP --> Lots of collectables that fit in with the immersive story, +New Game, and awesome crafting. I tend to hope that they make the flashlight more dull though, it was very bright for only using scavenged batteries Smiley Indifferent but that's a tiny detail, and I'm sure as the batteries get low the light will get dim, flicker, and be very eerie if you have no spares.

Still waiting on multiplayer info, but my wishlist is huge there. To sum it all up I want a MP based on team work, hardcore scavenging and crafting playing a major key role, and no kill based objectives like team deathmatch. I think separate co-op missions that tie in to the main campaign story would be pretty awesome too.

Message 8 of 59 (657 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

"My wishlists are;

1, Please, don't make objects come out of nowhere. If you remember back at E3, the molotav cocktail magically appears on Joels hand.

Solution: make animations.

2, Please, don't make objects keep appearing and disappearing. If you watch closely on some of the melee attacks, Joel's gun keeps appearing and disappearing, depending on the situation.

Solution: Make Joel drop the gun on the ground, during melee fights.

3, Please, don't make objects get stuck on Joel's back. And again if you remember, on the extended demo. The pipe magically gets stuck on Joel's back.

Solution: Make Joel hold a weapon with his other hand, like Max Payne 3 for example.

4, Return the ammo picking up animation from the E3 demo. On the extended demo Joel grabs on a dead guy and he magically collects all the ammo the dead guy got, but on the E3 demo he actually picks up the gun and drop it after emptying.

Solution: Return the animation."

@plaZeHD7 I made a thread about this, check it out:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-General/Graphics-Animations-etc/m-p/38697461#M...

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 9 of 59 (642 Views)
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Feb 6, 2013
Good. Hopefully Naughty Dog will read it. They are not actually a big deal, but Naughty Dog is going for realism and when something like these happen, it's just so annoying.
Message 10 of 59 (598 Views)
0 Likes