Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/25/2005
Offline
181 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us Official Wishlist Thread

Feb 6, 2013

1). Lots of rain - and rainy nights with lightning and thunder [very immersive atmosphere and intensely creepy mood!]

 

2). Hopefully, automatic weapons will feature in the game at some point [maybe when encountering the military?]

 

3). Joel's "listen"ability should be named something like "Focus Pulse", "Survival Detect" or even "Hark in the Dark" - anything that is at least catchy and cool-sounding.

4). There should be a setting on the options screen to tone down the violence if that is the player's preference. I'm perfectly happy [elated, actually] with the level of violence in "The Last Of Us" as it has been shown so far [being extremely realistic], but if they do this, it can appeal to a broader range of customers - like young teens whose parents don't want them to see violence like this. Personally, I would set the bar even higher than what we have seen so far - but that's just me. :smileywink:

 

5). Tons of items to discover [unique items] and craft into lots of other things. An RPG level of items would be superb.

"The only thing evil needs to succeed is for good men to do nothing."
Message 11 of 59 (7,121 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/21/2012
Offline
875 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us Official Wishlist Thread

Feb 6, 2013

Black_Chamber wrote:

1). Lots of rain - and rainy nights with lightning and thunder [very immersive atmosphere and intensely creepy mood!]

 

2). Hopefully, automatic weapons will feature in the game at some point [maybe when encountering the military?]

 

3). Joel's "listen"ability should be named something like "Focus Pulse", "Survival Detect" or even "Hark in the Dark" - anything that is at least catchy and cool-sounding.

4). There should be a setting on the options screen to tone down the violence if that is the player's preference. I'm perfectly happy [elated, actually] with the level of violence in "The Last Of Us" as it has been shown so far [being extremely realistic], but if they do this, it can appeal to a broader range of customers - like young teens whose parents don't want them to see violence like this. Personally, I would set the bar even higher than what we have seen so far - but that's just me. :smileywink:

 

5). Tons of items to discover [unique items] and craft into lots of other things. An RPG level of items would be superb.


I am pretty sure they have already done 1, 2, 4 and 5.

Message 12 of 59 (7,111 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/25/2005
Offline
181 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us Official Wishlist Thread

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:
I am pretty sure they have already done 1, 2, 4 and 5.

I hope they have done all of them! :smileywink:

 

  How about making the graphics even better than the E3 2012 demo and the infected demo we saw on Monday?

 

  If they can polish it to look even better than those 2 videos by release - then I will be beyond happy.

"The only thing evil needs to succeed is for good men to do nothing."
Message 13 of 59 (7,104 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/20/2011
Offline
322 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us Official Wishlist Thread

Feb 6, 2013
They definitely will not do 4). They've gone on record to say the the intense level of violence is integral to the tone of the game. Without it, players won't feel how desperate and bleak the world is.
 photo 492afe7a-5d47-473d-9476-3a8036a31d5b_zps4955703f.jpg
Message 14 of 59 (7,095 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/21/2012
Offline
875 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us Official Wishlist Thread

Feb 6, 2013

Black_Chamber wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:
I am pretty sure they have already done 1, 2, 4 and 5.

I hope they have done all of them! :smileywink:

 

  How about making the graphics even better than the E3 2012 demo and the infected demo we saw on Monday?

 

  If they can polish it to look even better than those 2 videos by release - then I will be beyond happy.


Yeah, the game still has graphical issues like Anti-Ailising, some low-resolution textures and some objects clips through other objects.

6801025950_feb0102270_o.jpg

7339375042_04a3b0fe09_o.png

7339375138_2c75f38c35_o.png

And I hope they will use custom AA or atleast MSAA as they used for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and Drake's Fortune, because MLAA is jagging the heck out of The Last Of Us. And I hope they will use more water tessellation, because Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception had a PlayStation 2 water effect.

Message 15 of 59 (7,088 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/25/2005
Offline
181 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us Official Wishlist Thread

Feb 6, 2013

 So far, what we've see of the water in "The Last Of Us" is amazing. Real-time reflections, ripples and accurate liquid physics.

 

 I hope it at least stays the same as what we've been shown - or maybe they can even improve it further!?!

"The only thing evil needs to succeed is for good men to do nothing."
Message 16 of 59 (7,074 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/21/2012
Offline
875 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us Official Wishlist Thread

Feb 6, 2013

Black_Chamber wrote:

 So far, what we've see of the water in "The Last Of Us" is amazing. Real-time reflections, ripples and accurate liquid physics.

 

 I hope it at least stays the same as what we've been shown - or maybe they can even improve it further!?!


Never mind the water effect is quit amazing. One of the things I love about Naughty Dog games is how they make their character models get wet when they step into or touche a water, but it only happens with the playable character. For example

on this image here below Joel is wet, and Ellie isn't. [oh boy, it sounds so sexual]

tlou

Message 17 of 59 (7,055 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Host
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
9621 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us Official Wishlist Thread

Feb 6, 2013
^ She looks wet to me...

Message 18 of 59 (7,050 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/21/2012
Offline
875 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us Official Wishlist Thread

Feb 6, 2013

Look at her clothes.

Message 19 of 59 (7,046 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/20/2011
Offline
322 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us Official Wishlist Thread

Feb 6, 2013
Brilliant observation. We now know why Ellie is so special: she's water repellant.
 photo 492afe7a-5d47-473d-9476-3a8036a31d5b_zps4955703f.jpg
Message 20 of 59 (7,042 Views)